“Stunning modern rooms”

Amari Ocean Pattaya
Ranked #18 of 457 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic rooms in the tower with gorgeous views overlooking ocean and pool very modern spacious room spotless everywhere we were offered half price breakfast in the restaurant attached to the towers what a choice !!! Def a must ..avoid weekends if only staying for a few days as they are full with locals conferences etc pools are lovely and best of all no Russians lol the hotel is away from walking street which is good !! Catch the 10 tbh bus to walking street it's like benidorm with sex !!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Ocean Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Northners,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of your stay with us. It is very much appreciated.

It is always gratifying for the whole team to receive feedback like this. Whilst we strive every day to deliver exceptional service, it is always nice to know when our efforts are recognised.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on a future occasion. On behalf of the entire team at Amari Pattaya, thank you!.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

All stuff were kindly and especially stuff in executive lounge were helpful and kindly. In addition I want to say thanks for Amari persons, my friend visited at day time to Hotel and He forgot the key to scooter, but responsible stuff collected it to safe!! and thus prevented the theft!

Room Tip: We had a room with perfect view to over Pattya bay!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BackT0Work

Dear BackT0Work,

I am delighted our staff kept he keys to your friend's scooter and put them in a secure place until he returned.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

i have stayed at the Amari Orchid Ocean Tower the past 8 years. Right from the first time I stayed there, there was no question of staying anywhere else. The property, ambience, service, restaurants, lavish breakfast, rooms, cleanliness, staff, gym, spa, location all are par excellence. Having stayed at other properties in Pattaya before I tried the Amari I have realised what a fabulous place this is to stay in. i strongly recommend this Hotel to everyone. All my friends & family now stay here when they visit Pattaya & thank me profusely for the fabulous time that they have enjoyed at this hotel. Special mention to the very helpful & courteous staff ,( particularly Rasamee Ruengpitakkul(Remy) who have gone out of their way to make me feel at home. A fabulous property for anyone visiting Pattaya.

Room Tip: all the rooms are excellent especially the ones facing the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sanjay5050
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed a number of times at this wonderful property and while I am back next week had to mention the guest handling as it is fantastic. The lady who makes the seamless arrangements is Rasamee Ruengpitakkul and while she must be dealing with varied customers she is a true asset to the Amari Ocean Pattaya....for any traveler place to stay.

Room Tip: Take a junior suite at the end of every floor....fabulous views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TigerKolkata

Dear TigerKolkata,

Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback through Tripadvisor and for your wonderful words about the hotel and its services.

I will personally thank Khun Rasamee for her great attitude and share your comments with the entire Hotel team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I have just returned from the Amari Garden and wish to write an honest review.On arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff who took our cases to reception,where we were dealt with promptly.We were originally given a garden wing room on 3rd floor,but we were a bit disappointed in it ,a bit dated and tired looking,so we phoned reception asking for an upgrade.Having been given free upgrades in Las Vegas and Dubai,we were disappointed to be told we'd have to pay for the upgrade,some £350 for 10 nights,but we bit the bullet and paid up.We got room 804 in the tower,and wow,what a difference,huge modern room,with double bath,and huge rain shower separate,and enormous bed.All the staff in the hotel were excellent and very efficient and so,so friendly,it was quite humbling,that they were so keen to help.A special mention to the pool bar staff,especially Pancha,the cocktail lady,her name began with T,i think,and also the guy with the two cut fingers,they couldn't do enough for you. We ate at the Mantra twice,and the food and service was first class,right up there with Dubai imo.We also ate at the Tavern by the sea,and all the meals were great,at very good prices.Pattaya was an eye opener,but we found plenty good bars,with live music,or backing tapes to enjoy,and are thinking of returning to this hotel next year.Finally,my wife had an accident coming out the Mantra,where she fell off the kerb,its' a bit dark,and cut her knee,but a manager saw this,and immediately dealt with it,by taking her into restaurant and getting staff to give her first aid,really good public relations,i think the manager guy worked in the Tavern,as he came up to ask how she was,next day.All in all i'd recommend Ocean Tower,as it's a great standard of hotel,and we will almost certainly be back

Room Tip: We were maybe unlucky with our Garden wing room,but the Ocean tower was superb,i'd recommend the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MrandMrsMcN

Dear MrandMrsMcN,

I have personally thanked and passed on your feedback to the Pool Bar, Mantra and Tavern By The Sea teams. I trust Mrs McN's knee injury has healed.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I arrived Pattaya and Thailand for first time. I was very suprised when arrive hotel, when checking in they tell me i been upgraded(dont know why) but i was very amazed of the room with sea view and over the pool with balkony and king size bed. Room was exelent and house staff did very good work. I didnt have long stay but regarding the service and kindly price i will not doubt that this is the hotel i will use next time visiting pattaya. Didnt try all the facilityes at the hotel but hopefully will do next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Einar A

Dear Einar A,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at the Amari Pattaya for 12 nights. I booked a package deal from there website which offered good value and included 2 x free Thai massages at there spa and a gaurenteed late check out until 4pm. With this package it included guaranteed upgrade to a Junior suite but they then upgraded me further to a duplex suite. This also entitled free access to the executive lounge which included complimentary food and drinks from 7pm - 9pm. The selection of food and drinks available in the executive lounge was some of the best I have ever seen with spirits, champagne, wine, soft drinks, canapés, cheeses and biscuits, desserts to name but a few. The staff and service was also the best I have encountered, nothing was too much bother and you were always greeted with a hello and smile from each and every member of staff.

Breakfast was also included and the selection again was the best I have seen with the highlight being fresh omelettes being cooked to order with over 10 ingredients to choose from to be added to the omelette.

The pool area was also superb with a swim up bar and a separate pool with jacuzzi. The location is also very good and although it's the opposite end of the liveliest part of Pattaya you can easily jump on a tuk tuk for 20 Bhat and be there within 10 minutes.

I also used the transport from the hotel for pick up and drop off to the airport, although this is more expensive than a normal taxi it's is a quality car you receive with 2 fresh cold towels and 2 cold bottles of water provided for the journey and no hassles.

The room itself was also amazing, with a huge king size bed and very comfortable mattress. There's a huge selection of toiletries offered everyday also including soap, shower gel, shampoo, moisturiser, toothbrush, shaving kit, detergent, cotton buds, sewing kit. Water is also generously topped up everyday with over 8 bottles a day provided. The safe is also very large and in the duplex suite you have a lounge with 42" flat screen TV and DVD player and another flat screen TV in the bedroom which is upstairs. Every room also has a balcony. The gym although quite small has a good selection of cardio and equipment.

I also used the business lounge which has 2 computers which is linked to a printed and they also photocopied some documents for me. This is where you can borrow DVDs where they have a small library for you to borrow a couple for your room.

WIFI was also an extremely good signal in the room and throughout the hotel, however you have to log in quite often if you don't use it for more than 10 minutes but is no big deal.

If I had one small gripe it would be that I asked for some ice for my water at the pool area, after the second request I was told by the bar staff that if I wanted ice I would have to order a bucket of ice for 50bhat. Now I know that's not a lot but really you should not have to pay for ice no matter where you are in any hotel.

The other thing I'm not too happy about is I am still waiting on my ONYX points to be added to my account, even though I mentioned this at check out and have asked for this several times since my departure over 10 days ago.

If I was every to stay in Pattaya again I would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business