“Terrific hotel amazing staff.”

Amari Ocean Pattaya
Ranked #16 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
“Terrific hotel amazing staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for 10 nights 9-20 June. On arrival we decided to upgrade from Deluxe Ocean View to Junior Suite which was about £360. However for this we then got breakfast (which was £140 anyway) a fantastic large room with superb panoramic ocean view and pool view. A super king size bed which is very comfy robes, slippers etc. World Cup on the Samsung 42" tv in the room! Access to the Horizon Suite for Breakfast (more choice at the Essence but still nice your choice) and during the day/ evening you can relax with help yourself soft drinks, water, hot drinks, snacks, fruit, a sandwich, cakes etc.
17:30 - 1930 there are canapés which are plentiful and delicious (to a point where you do not really need dinner afterwards) wines, branded spirits, bubbly, all complementary. There are happy hours throughout the day at various bars, and the pool area is great with good beds/cushions/ towels and free cabanas! What really makes this hotel is the staff, they are always friendly, helpful and are committed to ensuring you have a good time at the Amari. I have to mention in particular the girls at the Horizon Suite Lounge, they are fantastic and attentive thank you so much.
Tip, took a taxi from the rank at Bangkok was 1500 baht all in, do not use the pushy women on the concourse.
Next door to the Tavern is a taxi rank I booked a return to Bangkok for 1500 baht.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank BigTug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Tamworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed there for 7 nights of luxury with faultless service. Ocean view room was quirky and clean, breakfast selection was great and staff all eager to help. Would not hesitate to recommend.
Mantra restaurant is well worth a visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank suchafoody
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Ocean Pattaya, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Suchafoody,

What a fantastic review you have shared regarding your recent stay.

I am delighted to know that you found the service faultless and enjoyed the room, view, breakfast variety and Mantra restaurant and bar.

To know that you would not hesitate to recommend the Hotel is the greatest praise of all.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Addlestone, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed in the Amari Tower which is part of the same complex. Superb rooms with views over the pools and the ocean. Buffet breakfast was great and the hotel service was second to none
Plenty of restaurants around and easy access to seafront
Great location at the quieter end of the seafront

Room Tip: Book through an agent rather than the hotel direct, it's cheaper
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David D
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed at the ocean tower of Amari in Pattaya with my friends for 3 nights. We were lucky enough to have the corner room with a 180 degree panoramic view of the beach. The view is gorgeous, as you can see the entire beach, and the room was spacious and clean. We also had access to the executive floor (19th floor, Horizon Club Lounge), which provides breakfast, snacks for 24 hours, and happy hour from 5:30-7:30, and that's where we ate most of our meals.

For "happy hour", you have to be dressed "smart casual" so my friend and I were told to go change our shoes since we were wearing flip flops. We were okay with that, however, when we came back, we saw other adults in flip flops and sandals, and the staff didn't get mad at them, when sandals were also on the list of banned attire. I'm not sure if it was because we are teenagers or not, but I found it rather bizarre and semi-ridiculous that my friend had to wear old torn up sneakers with a dress instead of flip flops, while other guests were permitted with their footwear.

However, all the staff were super friendly and helpful, and didn't frown at me when I kept going back for more food. They also have good room etiquette, and the maid wouldn't clean our room because we left our safe open when leaving the room (they take that very seriously because they do not want to be responsible for any lost items).

The hotel is right across from the beach, has two pools, a small gym, and is a short walk from Art Paradise (an art museum you should check out). We also ordered room service which was fast and timely. There's also free wi-fi in the room!

Overall, I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a hassle-free, comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Corner rooms (usually end in 00, such as 1500, 1600) will give you a huge panoramic view of the beac...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alexandra A
Dear Alexandra R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and found the staff super friendly and helpful although I am disappointed that your stay with us was somewhat affected by the dress code requirements for the evening drinks and canapés in the Horizon Club. I will follow up with the team as the dress code does apply to all guests and I apologise if you feel you and your friend were singled out.

It is also great to know that you enjoyed the location, facilities and services we offer and that you would recommend the Hotel to others. Thank you very much.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future for another comfortable stay.

Mysuru (Mysore), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here for a night.. My wife and I took a relaxing trip to Thailand and we spent the last day and night in this Hotel in Pattaya. When we arrived we were welcomed with lots of smiles and a welcome drink. Both the welcome smiles and the drink were sweeter, nice and comforting after a long drive from Bangkok. I didn't feel a check in process as it was so smooth and I had to only put a signature. When we entered the room, the room was fully ready with a bowl of fruits welcoming us and the AC already turned on. The room was big enough and tastefully designed. The room had a gorgeous view of the sea, beaches, pool, garden and the busy Pattaya streets. Wow.. this was not anticipated by us although we booked for a ocean view room. This in fact was a treat by surprise. The internet (wifi) was pretty fast. The bed and pillows just hug you nicely and put you in to wonderful sleep.

The breakfast was exemplary. Every one could have a favourite food. Very well spread breakfast. More than the breakfast the staff in the restaurant were awesome. They were more than like a family and all the time smiling. Though I love to mention all their names, I do not remember. The young girl Sutashini and the young man Anugul deserve all appreciations. I am sorry my dear people in Amari I could not get all your names...

The entire stay in the hotel was superb and we didn't feel like leaving at all. I would visit Pattaya again for at least one week only to stay in this hotel and enjoy the lovely atmosphere with lovely treats by the wonderful people.

I wish the management would keep the staff happy and continue to provide the same service for ever.

I would remember the people in this hotel for a long time...

Room Tip: Rooms in top floors right side facing pool and sea are awesome.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CRM9644
Karachi, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We were a family of two adults and two children who stayed at Amari ocean from the 22nd to the 25th of May. As a family it was the best decision and the hotel became my kids fav. We booked the executive club room as it was on the higher floors because we wanted a beach view and we were not disappointed... It looked amazing! You have other perks as well if you book the executive club like access to the horizon club for a cup of coffee or a little bit of snack enjoying the beautiful viewfrom the club.The breakfast brought a smile on our faces as it had a couple of indian dishes like aloo paratha and puri with some curry plus most of the items were halal..we even confirmed the oil used and it was 100% vegetable oil... So we felt very comfortable to have breakfast which had most halal items. The swimming pools were great....kids had an amazing time! We just had problem with our wifi... It was pretty slow and sometimes wouldn't work in our room...but worked fine if you are sitting in the horizon club. Overall an excellent experience and we will definitely come back to Amari ocean on our next trip to Pattaya!

Room tips:- 1. go for the corner rooms which are closer to the beach for a better view.
2. Have breakfast served on the 3rd floor and not horizon club as variety of breakfast is better on the 3rd floor.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kanwal_Imran
Dear Kanwal_Imran,

Wonderful to have received your detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. To know that the Hotel is your children's favourite is fantastic as I am sure this would have meant you could also relax a bit more and enjoy the facilities.

I will be sure to share your feedback regarding the Indian food with the Executive Chef and his team. We do pride ourselves on our variety and options as we cater for a large number of different nationalities and want to ensure there is something available for everyone.

Thanks for your comments regarding the view and the Horizon Club although I would like to apologise that you found the wifi speed slow in your room. I have reported this to the IT Manager for follow up.

I am delighted you will return and we look forward to seeing you again.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here just only 2 nights during the music festival.

Room: spacious room. Big working desk. Nice shower room. But I don't like the way they design the restroom. I don't know how other people feel, but It's a clear glass wall facing outside. It felt like if a person down below look up and they can just see you. Personally, a little more privacy would be great. Beside this, everything else were good

Breakfast: Great with a huge varieties to choose. A chef at egg station seemed a little drunk. He didn't cook the egg thoroughly and even drop an egg shell in the omelette, but the other good things outweigh this.

Pool: Great pool. There are two pools which both are fantastic. Also, there are some activities by the pool like an exercise class or some events, but I was there just one night.

Gym: A little small, but not too bad just enough for you to stick to your workout. The staff was nice. If you read my other review when I stayed in Hilton Pattaya, it was horrible over there.

Parking lot: It will be just one complain here as there are very few parking space. You have to park your car out in sunlight. No garage. No cover. If I have to be there for more than two nights, I might have to reconsider it.

Staff: They are nice just like any other hotels in Pattaya area except the Hiltion Pattaya hotel. (Read my other review and you will see how horrible it is)

That's all...whether I will stay here again? of course I will

Room Tip: Choose a room on the right side. Left side is facing Holiday Inn and also another construction.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business