“Beautiful Hotel Out The way”

Amari Ocean Pattaya
Ranked #18 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Oldham Manchester
“Beautiful Hotel Out The way”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Amari Ocean is an amazing hotel. Out of the way of the hussle of walking Street .The hotel is located at the other end of Beach Road and walking street . The good news is there a lots of taxis that will take u to walking street as its one way , if you want to walk it wi lake you a good 30 mins walk which is nice along the beach.
The hotel, is beautiful and large with lots of swimming pool and places to sunbath.
The rooms are unreal and stylish with HUGE bed with ample space for your clothes also your shower amenities , The higher floor you are the better view you will have out of your massive window. I would say upgrade to as much as you can as the rooms get better and bigger.
The internet is really fast and i was able to download music video, stream at will.

The gym has all you need for a good session which i used a few times , and the spa is just unreal a little expensive because it is a hotel but just really surreal.

The food eel what can i say we only ate breakfast and there had everything you could think of I'm not joking fem american style to Asian. to Chinese, Sushi. The real honey comb with honey dripping off was a nice touch. One of the best breakfast I've had and I've been a few places

The people who work at the hotel are really nice always polite and helpful nothing is to much trouble at the hotel.

Overall i really nice hotel if you want to be away from the hustle of Pattaya itself but with in easy reach of bars the beach across the road and also the main highway back to Bangkok.

Room Tip: upgrade to executive suite really worth it will size or bed and room itself,
1 Thank Nick L
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Ocean Pattaya, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Nick L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of your stay with us. It is very much appreciated.

It is always gratifying for the whole team to receive feedback like this. Whilst we strive every day to deliver exceptional service, it is always nice to know when our efforts are recognised.

Thanks in aprticular for your feedback regarding the breakfast quality and variety, I have shared your commenst with the Executive Chef and breakfast team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on a future occasion.

Brendan Daly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuwait
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is amazing in all aspects the staff is very helpful Property surroundings are amazing, the food is extraordinary and the room is very vary cozy and comfy with in my opinion the best view in Pattaya.

Where do I start
the breakfast is a must where you can find variety of culinary items varying from European Asian and middle eastern with Thai and far east experience.

Your requests whatever the are handled promptly.
Checking in is great experience with a cold welcome drink.

There are two pools attached to this fine hotel, One with a pool bar and the other is for a long swim and bubble swim.

Tom Yum Soup by the pool is a must to try, and don't forget the happy hour where two for one is a must.

Relaxing in your room with spectacular views are few minor this to mention

Best Place to enjoy dinner and later night drink is Tavern by the Sea; daily they offer different food menus from Indian to Thai to BBQs and are reasonably priced

Simply the hotel is a amazing with every aspect

Room Tip: Ocean View Room
1 Thank Al-Busairi1
Dear Al-Busairi1,

Thank you also for your comments regarding the food quality at the Pool and Tavern By The Sea. I have shared your feedback with the executive Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on a future occasion.

Kingswinford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Where do I begin ? This is a fantastic hotel, In a prime location in the north of Pattaya just metres from the beach. The rooms are spotless & spacious with very good Wi-Fi. Luxurious soft bathroom towels & bed linen. Two beautiful swimming pools & green lush gardens. The breakfast is marvellous, very extensive & tasty. And has many restaurants & bars. This hotel has all the facilities you can expect from a quality hotel, gym, spa, restaurants & bars, but what really sets it apart from the rest is the service. Other large quality hotels are cold & distant. All the staff here were fantastic, warm, welcoming & extremely helpful ! At the end of my stay I had to book transport to Koh Chang, so I set out outside to find a good cheap travel agent. After a couple of hours I realised I have concierge at my hotel, so I went back & inquired. Within minutes it was booked & at a fraction of the prices I was quoted outside.
I cannot fault Amari Ocean Pattaya & I will definitely be returning.
A most enjoyable stay !

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor with a view of the ocean, but don't let children go out on the balcon...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lee_Skidmore
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Ocean Pattaya, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Lee_Skidmore,

It was a pleasure to have read your review and to know that you enjoyed all aspects of the Hotel and your stay. Your great feedback regarding the facilities, restaurants, spa and gym will be shared with the team who I can assure you will be very proud to know that it is their service that is the stand out attribute of the Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Pattaya.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed 12 nights 17th to 29th July Executive club room with an automatic upgrade to a Junior suite Ocean view.

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at the Amari Pattaya, we usually try a different location each year but as we had such a great experience last year that we decided to come back.

We arrive early (8am) due to flight times into Bangkok, we are always provided with complimentary breakfast, and are given our room as early as possible, the staff are all very friendly and helpful (Service with a SMILE).

The room is large with a great view of Pattaya City and beach, we had a choice of two breakfast venues one on 19th floor (Executive club) or on the 3rd floor, this gives a good variety to choose from.

The pools and surrounds are all very well kept, the location is great being at the North end of the beach which is not as hectic but just a quick stroll and things get busier.

The Executive club has a happy hour between 5:30pm and 7:30pm you are provided with complimentary mixed drinks,cocktails beer and wine with a great selection of nibbles of food to eat (most times it makes it hard to go out for dinner after).

We cannot speak more highly about our experience here, and maybe we may try a third stay.

Room Tip: High floor ocean facing with an upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Budgie_bomber
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Amari is located right at the starting of the beach road which can take you to all crazy night out places. Thus staying here is still peaceful. There are good garden and big pools for kids.

I enjoyed the great sea view from the room. This sea view is very much city style which is different from other places.

Also I like the big variety of their breakfast too!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank AmyAngkana
Dear Amy Angkana,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found the location peaceful and enjoyed the nice pools and garden.

I am also pleased you were able to enjoy the view from your room. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed during 26th July till 30th August.

I have never stayed at Amari properties before and was in dilemma to chose Holiday Inn or Amari. After arriving at the hotel.. I have felt i have made the right choice and after completing my stay i was even more happier that i have chosen Amari for my stay.

Everything is so smooth right from check-in till check-out. We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Arrived 2 hours before check-in time. Room allocated without any further delay.

Room : Very spacious room with everything you can think of including a balcony.

Breakfast : Large buffet with lot of options Thai/Continental/Indian/Chinese.

Location : First building on pattaya beach road. Perfect location

Amenities : Has everything you can think of.

Staff : Very polite and courteous

We would have stayed more nights if there was an option to cancel my hotel reservation at Bangkok.

Requested for late checkout and extended 2 hours without any question.

I will definitely recommend this property and will stay here again.

No negative points i can think of.

Room Tip: Chose ocean facing on higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sujan p
Penang
Reviewed 4 August 2014

You read the title of the review right ? Stupid question ;), not so stupid as to not stay here longer when we had the chance, I can honestly say that both myself and my partner have not just enjoyed but thoroughly enjoyed the Amari Ocean View.

There are 2 wings to the Amari in Pattaya, the Garden Wing & the Ocean Wing, we have stayed in the Ocean Wing on the Executive Level (do it, you'll be glad you did), the room is very well designed, with both shower & bath & balcony, the bed is ultra comfortable and being just one floor from the Executive lounge incredibly convenient (the other two Exec floors are either on the same level as the lounge or 1 floor above so ALL exec lounge floors are very close to the lounge in this respect).

The pool area is just a short lift ride away and is not only spacious but DEEP, I should also mention the other pool (which we did not use) appears to be Olympic (50m) size so swimming laps should not be a problem. Another thing I should mention is that someone went to Vegas and took lessons from the hotels there about pool service, a circling waiter (& to think about it I never saw a waitress) is never far away to take your dirink/food order (club sandwich & Ceasar Salad are very good) + there are two happy hours poolside daily (11.30 - 12.30 & 16.00 - 17.00) 1/2 price or two for one.

The lounge has breakfast in the morning (07.00 - 10.30) with a very good range to choose from + eggs cooked to order (offsite) & delivered to you, snacks & soda/coffee during the day & then complimentary drinks (alcoholic) & canapes from 17.30 - 19.30, the snacks/canapes are fantastic, really restaurant standard & being the piggy that I am, you can eat more than enough that you don't really need dinner afterwards ;). i LOVE the snacky type things they did but the rice paper rolls with rare beef were AMAZING, throw in JD & Coke and you had to pry me out with a jackhammer.

In short we loved the Amari, my other 1/2 had stayed at the Amari in Bangkok but me, I just booked it over the net going on Trip Advisor ratings, best thing I did according to the other 1/2, mega brownie points for me ;)

Its also in North Pattaya which means its out of the action (or malestrom depending on your point of view) that Pattaya is known for, if you want that, just jump on the baht bus out the front on Beach Rd and your there in 15 or so minutes.

This is the perfect place to stay for those wanting a bit more than normal but still within reach of all that Pattaya has to offer, I hate to rave, but seriously we couldn't be happier, hence the title.

Room Tip: Executive Lounge, no arguments
2 Thank MrBuff
Dear Mr Buff,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comprehensive review of your stay with us. No doubt the Tripadvisor community can gain a great understanding about the property, service and location which is greatly appreciated.

Thank you also for your great feedback regarding the Horizon Club services and food.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on a future occasion. On behalf of the entire team at Amari Pattaya, thank you!.