“Worth for money”

Ranked #241 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Leoben, Austria
“Worth for money”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here for five days and I liked my stay.
However I have the following negatives.
(1) Room in third floor without lift
(2) No sound proof walls. Will have disturbances especially in the late night, when some one walks on the corridor.

Positives
(1) Nice location, on the edge of the walking street
(2) Friendly staff

I would recommend this hotel, only when you do not find any other hotel with in the budget.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank kgprashanth

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 days in May. I cannot complain. The room was well kept, though older but at $30 u.s. a night I did not expect 5 stars. But I do need clean and I thought it was fine.

I didn't have a problem with any noise from the club. I was on 3rd floor in Deluxe room

The staff was friendly the food (mostly breakfast) was great and the location is right smack dab in the middle of Walking Street so you know there is a lot to do.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a cheaper place to stay and I would sure stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Deluxe room on a higher floor would be best
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tahitisteve
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2013

- For 28+ nights my top choice: Jasmine
- For < 28 nights: top choice is Jasmine tied with Sanya Nightstar, and Secrets a close second.
- When I was in Pattaya 9 Jan - 6 Feb 2013 I stayed at Secrets Deluxe room, Jasmine Deluxe room and Topoli (which is now close and will not be missed) because not one property could put me up for the entire time since it was a last minute booking.
- I had a Sanya Nightstar Super Deluxe room 302 for 8 - 13 Mar 2013 (and I had a Jasmine Deluxe room 8 Mar - 6 Apr 2013; it's a long story). In 2012 I stayed at Sanya Nighstar Super Deluxe room 402 which is my favorite room at Sanya Nighstar but wasn't available for my 2013 dates.
- Jasmine has the edge for long term stay because, for example, 28 nights in a Deluxe room is total Thai B(aht) 19,400 which is B 693/night = B 19,400 / 28 nights. In US currency (using $1 = B 30) that's total $647 which is $23/night = $647 / 28 nights.
- For < 28 nights I love Jasmine, Sanya Nightstar and Secrets for different reasons as each place for roughly comparable amenities/Deluxe rooms is about B 900/night ($30) but have different pros & cons. Sanya Nightstar Super Deluxe rooms, for the price, are incredibly spacious and have a sweet balcony.
- Elevator: Jasmine has one, Secrets & Sanya Nightstar do not
- Room Size: Sanya Nighstar has huge rooms with great balconies (I like room 402 and 302), Jasmine room size is roughly = Secrets room size
- Quietness: I would say Jasmine has the edge because of their unique location on Soi BJ. In Jan - Apr across from Secrets there was construction going on and during the daytime sometimes the noise could be heard from Secrets & Sanya Nighstar. I would hope that the construction is done by Aug 2013 as later this year I will need to book a place for my lodging based on room availability. At night at all 3 properties it's relatively quiet (some Walking Street hotel rooms can be really loud at night because of the surrounding noise/partying).
- Location: Jasmine's location is excellent for nightlife as it's on Soi BJ about half-way down Walking Street (thru-out the night I have go back to my room a few times to do stuff). Secrets & Sanya Nighstar (which are very close to each other) has the edge during the day as it's close to the corner of South Pattaya Road & Second Road so easier for daytime venturing.
- Refrigerator: Jasmine is medium size, Secrets & Sanya Nighstar are small size
- Air-Conditioning/Electricity: Jasmine you could leave your a/c on however long necessary (I turn it off whenever I leave the room), Secrets your room key has to be inserted for electricity and a/c to be On, Sanya Nighstar you pay for whatever electricity you use (if you used 0 electricity, your room would be really cheap). When I stayed in Mar it only came about to approx B 180/night in electricity (for 5 nights x about B 180/night = about B 900 I had to pay for electricity during check-out). The room was B 690/night + electricity B 180/night = total B 870/night including the cost of electricity, and I tend to use lots of air-conditioning.
- Room phone: Secrets & Sanya Nighstar have room phones which you can use to call the receptionist or a guest in another room. Jasmine has no room phone bur for me it's a non-issue as I usually travel solo and I have a Thai cellphone (using my unlocked GSM phone and a B 100 ($3.40) Thai SIM card).
- Little Things: Jasmine each day provides you 2 free small bottles (each bottle about .5 liters = 16 ounces), Secrets each day provides you a fresh small/face towel (in addition to a regular towel), Sanya Nightstar rooms includes a love-seat (great for cuddling with a significant other).
- Insects: I think all 3 properties sometimes gets those tiny ants (it's common at value-priced Thailand accommodations). For mosquitos don't think they're at Secrets nor at Sanya Nightstar but at Jasmine if you have a mosquito problem notify the receptionist and they'll remedy it (move you to a different room, bug spray the mosquito area, whatever).
- Tied: customer service at all 3 (and really at most businesses in Thailand) is great.

Room Tip: - Just be cognizant there aren't any elevators. - The ground floor is a bar/restaurant open 24...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Chan L
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 3 May 2013

secrets is an ok place to stay if you have gone to pattaya for the night life and plan on been out late. location is great less than a min off walking street.
the accomodation is pretty good for the price and the staff are helpfull, the food in the bar is very good quality and value.
overall a fun place to stay for singles

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dubai
Reviewed 10 March 2013

i have stayed at this small hotel for many Years. The Location is very good in walking street .just less than a minute walk to main bar street in pattaya. The Staffs are very very friendly and helpful. the owner of the property is an english whose managed the hotel well.
the rooms are very clean , big enough , and cosy with enough amenities. the wifi in rooms are good and free. just the problem is that this hotel has no Lift.!

Room Tip: the rooms at lower floor may has some sound in room from the downstairs bar.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank xxanty
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Secrets Hotel is great for the location in the heart of walking street Pattaya. The room is pretty basic, but has enough furniture to live comfortably, a fridge, a good bed, and large bathroom with large shower. Staying adjacent to Secrets Bar is convenient, although the bar was often sleepy and not too lively, but the food is worthy. My room was not disturbed by the music from the bar, but my friend said his room was a bit loud. The cable TV is limited, and the wifi was very slow sometimes. The staff gets the job done and is well managed. Their driver service also the same.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jim a
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I stayed at Secrets recently in December 2011 and May 2012 in their 'best superior rooms' with balcony and all was fine. However, on this trip I was given a dark oppressive room with one small window and no balcony but at the same 'superior room' rate. When I raised this with Dan, a proprieter, he was aggressive, rude and inconsiderate. Loyalty, repeat business and customer relationship means zip to that guy. I decided to vacate and would rather lose the 2000 baht deposit than be spoken to or treated like that on a fun holiday. It's a shame but I will now sever all dealings with that hotel and the bar.

Room Tip: The hotel does not advertise or give a choice of a larger room without balcony on the third floor (n...
Stayed February 2013, travelled solo