“try it out”

Ranked #229 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Mississauga, Canada
“try it out”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

secrets hotel is right smack in the heart of all of the action.
at night it does get a little noisy if you are a light sleeper.
and staying on the third floor ( also the top floor ) gives one
less noise but the stairs and climb to your room can be exhausting
at first but easier every day.
the food is first class and more expensive then other places in the
area.
the ladies are superb and they will not disappoint you.

Room Tip: higher floor is better believe me
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank McHammer54

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brisbane
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just like to say stayed at Secrets again last week. The staff was absolutely brilliant.. For less than $40 bucks Australian (IE 995 baht) you really couldn't ask for more. Very clean rooms. Well done Secrets.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank electoff
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This hotel is great value for money.
it gives you the standard of the west in the heart of the entertainment area of Pattaya
I got the superior room reserved few months before my arrival. The communications between the staff and myself was clear and straight forward.
A deposit was paid through their secure site and the room was confirmed straight away.
They also reserved me a quieter room there at my request which ended up being on the top/3rd floor with side and from window. See photos
The room was exactly the same as the photo seen in the advert so i was happy to get this.
The rooms are all the same and to the same standard except the room opposite were slightly shorter which was not a big issue.
Reason why i know this is there was thunder storms one night and the ceiling gave way to the heavy rain water which came in like a water fall .
i called reception who brought up towels to soak up the water and the next day i was moved to another room. I didnt want that chance again.
One problem i had was there was loads of flying ants on my bed when i came back that night. i caught them all but have no idea how they came in. i looked at the windows, AC, toilet and lobby but no signs of where they came from. like someone came in and just opened a box and emptied them on to the bed. There was a note the day before saying they might fumigate the rooms but i did not see this happen. i got up extra early to avoid this even though i was so tired.
Another bad side of this was my room being on the 3rd/top floor with no lift which was quite difficult carrying my luggage to the top and the stairway was a bit tight. Lucky my bag was not super heavy.
Cleaning was done everyday and the bed was made BUT the toilet rolls on the last sheets were not seen or replaced and nor the shower area cleaned. Only the curtain was closed to dry it.

The restaurant was nice to have as it was downstairs and made to order. They open 8am till 4am everyday so you never get hungry. Even if you manage to still be awake at this time and feel hungry there are 7/11 all over the place with one opposite the road (2mins) and the staff there are great.
The restaurant staff in the here was nice as it was raining heavy when i arrived and the waitress offered to buy a phone sim card for me in the rain so that i can stay and eat and relax.

You know one thing. The best part of my experience was the chauffer. He met me at the airport and her didnt speak English but his services wer better than a 5star hotel.
He greeted me at the airport and drove me to the hotel. As soon as we hit Pattaya just coming off the motor way it rained heavy. Thunder storm. The roads flooded quick and the driver drove so carefully i felt safe all the way. It didnt end here.
We had to stop at 2nd road as walking street and soi 14 are closed at night time.
We sat there and try to wait for the rain to slow down but no chance. The driver told me to wait using sign language and he went out in the heavy rain to get his only umbrelly. Came over with it open and gave it to me. He walked over to get my luggage and carried it from the car to the hotel not caring about getting wet.
I obviously tried to cover us both in the rain as we walked quickly to the hotel and as soon as we arrived he waited outside for the all clear.
I have never experienced this type of service anywhere in the world. This guy deserves a medal.
I gave him a big tip and checked in.
I was so happy that carrying the bag upstairs was nothing.

Overall this taxi service, hotel and restaurant was great and experience was perfect.
They even have UK sausage there for the hot dogs. How great was that.
Only bad point was the shower not being cleaned, toilet roll is a must, Ants and water leak.
Besides that the room was great. spacious and AC worked well even from across the long room.
Has a cupboard and lots of draws for storage and safe in the room.
A samsung TV with most channels working. Fridge with options and dinning table with 2 chairs.
See photo. the room looks nice on arrival with the swan towels and flower.

Will definately choose this hotel again.
only 2 mins to walking street and 7/11.
5 mins to the bus start point on 2nd road and 15 mins walk to the electrical store.
15 mins to Royal Garden
about 30 mins to Central Festival - these are walking times if you can handle the heat.
Beach is 3 mins walk.

Totally safe and comfortable here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Chi1976
Leoben, Austria
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here for five days and I liked my stay.
However I have the following negatives.
(1) Room in third floor without lift
(2) No sound proof walls. Will have disturbances especially in the late night, when some one walks on the corridor.

Positives
(1) Nice location, on the edge of the walking street
(2) Friendly staff

I would recommend this hotel, only when you do not find any other hotel with in the budget.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank kgprashanth
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 days in May. I cannot complain. The room was well kept, though older but at $30 u.s. a night I did not expect 5 stars. But I do need clean and I thought it was fine.

I didn't have a problem with any noise from the club. I was on 3rd floor in Deluxe room

The staff was friendly the food (mostly breakfast) was great and the location is right smack dab in the middle of Walking Street so you know there is a lot to do.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a cheaper place to stay and I would sure stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Deluxe room on a higher floor would be best
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tahitisteve
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2013

- For 28+ nights my top choice: Jasmine
- For < 28 nights: top choice is Jasmine tied with Sanya Nightstar, and Secrets a close second.
- When I was in Pattaya 9 Jan - 6 Feb 2013 I stayed at Secrets Deluxe room, Jasmine Deluxe room and Topoli (which is now close and will not be missed) because not one property could put me up for the entire time since it was a last minute booking.
- I had a Sanya Nightstar Super Deluxe room 302 for 8 - 13 Mar 2013 (and I had a Jasmine Deluxe room 8 Mar - 6 Apr 2013; it's a long story). In 2012 I stayed at Sanya Nighstar Super Deluxe room 402 which is my favorite room at Sanya Nighstar but wasn't available for my 2013 dates.
- Jasmine has the edge for long term stay because, for example, 28 nights in a Deluxe room is total Thai B(aht) 19,400 which is B 693/night = B 19,400 / 28 nights. In US currency (using $1 = B 30) that's total $647 which is $23/night = $647 / 28 nights.
- For < 28 nights I love Jasmine, Sanya Nightstar and Secrets for different reasons as each place for roughly comparable amenities/Deluxe rooms is about B 900/night ($30) but have different pros & cons. Sanya Nightstar Super Deluxe rooms, for the price, are incredibly spacious and have a sweet balcony.
- Elevator: Jasmine has one, Secrets & Sanya Nightstar do not
- Room Size: Sanya Nighstar has huge rooms with great balconies (I like room 402 and 302), Jasmine room size is roughly = Secrets room size
- Quietness: I would say Jasmine has the edge because of their unique location on Soi BJ. In Jan - Apr across from Secrets there was construction going on and during the daytime sometimes the noise could be heard from Secrets & Sanya Nighstar. I would hope that the construction is done by Aug 2013 as later this year I will need to book a place for my lodging based on room availability. At night at all 3 properties it's relatively quiet (some Walking Street hotel rooms can be really loud at night because of the surrounding noise/partying).
- Location: Jasmine's location is excellent for nightlife as it's on Soi BJ about half-way down Walking Street (thru-out the night I have go back to my room a few times to do stuff). Secrets & Sanya Nighstar (which are very close to each other) has the edge during the day as it's close to the corner of South Pattaya Road & Second Road so easier for daytime venturing.
- Refrigerator: Jasmine is medium size, Secrets & Sanya Nighstar are small size
- Air-Conditioning/Electricity: Jasmine you could leave your a/c on however long necessary (I turn it off whenever I leave the room), Secrets your room key has to be inserted for electricity and a/c to be On, Sanya Nighstar you pay for whatever electricity you use (if you used 0 electricity, your room would be really cheap). When I stayed in Mar it only came about to approx B 180/night in electricity (for 5 nights x about B 180/night = about B 900 I had to pay for electricity during check-out). The room was B 690/night + electricity B 180/night = total B 870/night including the cost of electricity, and I tend to use lots of air-conditioning.
- Room phone: Secrets & Sanya Nighstar have room phones which you can use to call the receptionist or a guest in another room. Jasmine has no room phone bur for me it's a non-issue as I usually travel solo and I have a Thai cellphone (using my unlocked GSM phone and a B 100 ($3.40) Thai SIM card).
- Little Things: Jasmine each day provides you 2 free small bottles (each bottle about .5 liters = 16 ounces), Secrets each day provides you a fresh small/face towel (in addition to a regular towel), Sanya Nightstar rooms includes a love-seat (great for cuddling with a significant other).
- Insects: I think all 3 properties sometimes gets those tiny ants (it's common at value-priced Thailand accommodations). For mosquitos don't think they're at Secrets nor at Sanya Nightstar but at Jasmine if you have a mosquito problem notify the receptionist and they'll remedy it (move you to a different room, bug spray the mosquito area, whatever).
- Tied: customer service at all 3 (and really at most businesses in Thailand) is great.

Room Tip: - Just be cognizant there aren't any elevators. - The ground floor is a bar/restaurant open 24...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Chan L
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 3 May 2013

secrets is an ok place to stay if you have gone to pattaya for the night life and plan on been out late. location is great less than a min off walking street.
the accomodation is pretty good for the price and the staff are helpfull, the food in the bar is very good quality and value.
overall a fun place to stay for singles

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo