Secrets Bar, Nightclub & Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Ambiance(Pattaya)
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
All reviewsno elevatorwalking streetfirst floornight lifewould stay againa great place to stayhot waternoisebahtnightlife2minscleaners
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in December 2013. The hotel is located in a side street just off Walking street. The deluxe room I stayed in was very large, had a balcony (No view), was cleaned every day by two great ladies who were courteous and polite. I took advantage of the airport pick up service which was on time and the lady driver obeyed the speed limits. I had originally got a room to the front of the hotel but the new building being constructed directly opposite meant Jack hammers at 8am so you had no choice but to get up unless you were completely deaf. This is not the fault of the hotel but some advance warning would have been nice. When I mentioned to the manager I was unable to sleep, I was moved to another room within a few hours so full marks for that. See the photo attached to this review. It shows the room sizes and locations on the second floor.

****Positives****
1. Location (About 100m from walking street.)
2. Price. (Deluxe room was only 995Bt per night) Great value.
3. Flat screen TV, mini bar, good Wi-Fi and a large in-room safe. (I was able to fit my iPad, DSLR, netbook, wallet, compact camera and documents in with space to spare.)
4. Friendly management and staff.
5. Room thoroughly cleaned each day.
6. Comfortable bed with crisp white sheets.
7. Good quality towels and free shampoo and soap in the bathroom.
8. Lady at reception printed my airline boarding passes free of charge which was a nice touch.

****Negatives****
1. Only one negative for me but its a biggie. Its very noisy at night. I have been to Pattaya many times and I realise its a party town and noise is to be expected but unless you are a very heavy sleeper or don't go to sleep until at least 4am, you should seriously consider a quieter hotel. Trust me on this one. Even with quite a few beers inside me, I found it difficult to sleep with the bass booming from the bars nearby.

****Conclusion****
If you are the type who can sleep with a band playing in your room, then you probably wont find a better value hotel with so many facilities so close to the action in Pattaya.

Room Tip: The higher floors to the back of the hotel are least noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank John S
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed at Secrets Hotel over the month of August 2013.
From my pickup at a hotel in Bangkok, which occurred within a few minutes of the agreed time and that’s pretty amazing considering traffic conditions in Bangkok until departure I found the hotel comfortable, the staff friendly and the location, for a single male, just right.
Special mention must be made of the cleaning staff who are quite, efficient and very helpful even though they cannot speak English. Leaving a tip of 20 baht per day is recommended just to show appreciation of there efforts.
My only complaint would be the sound proofing of the rooms as the bass from several local go go bars made sleeping at any time before three AM very problematic. It just reverberated through the room.
There is no disabled access and the stairs can be an obstacle after a night partying.
In closing a good, simple, clean hotel in the midst of the entertainment precinct.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Arthur_Gane
Reviewed 22 November 2013

price is amazing considering the location rooms are well above what i would have expected to pay .the one thing i love is the almost 24Hr room service i think it knocks of around 4am and we are talk the full menu on offer not just a few sandwiches and a cheese platter . it quit on the deluxe rooms

and as for the other stuff just ask .....trust me

this is a guys place to cater for guys and all the comforts of a top hotel and a price that will be happy to pay twice over

Room Tip: dont not be shy to ask.... this place is geared up to make you happy ...if you dont enjoy yourself you have only yourself to blame
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jit260
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Rooms at 1000 baht.

On walking street.

Next door is the bar and night club

Guest friendly to no end.

Friendly mgmt .. Ben, phil etc ..

Great food.

Clean rooms with free wifi and locker.

A motto that says take care of the customer and business will take care of itself ...need I say more

• Stayed: January 2013
8  Thank studboybkk
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Right in the middle of the most happening street in Pattaya a.k.a. Walking Street, you can't ask for a better location. Secrets is a hotel, bar and nightclub all combined into one and that's what makes it so great. It's not what you would call a fancy hotel, but it doesn't claim to be one either. The rooms are very affordable and for what you pay, you really can't complain. The rooms are clean, not too big, but not too small either and come with a minibar, safe, TV, AC, and hot and cold shower. My room happen to have a small balcony, but thats not the case with all the rooms, so it would be a good idea to call up and ask in advance if you want one.
Whether you are at the hotel or the bar, the staff is super friendly and in all my visits there, I've always had a good time. Raiding the minibar won't cost you a fortune. The rates are very reasonable and not too much over convenient store prices. I'd aslo like to mentione that the food here is very good and reasonable too.
There is no pool or gym, but like I said before, it doesn't claim to be a fancy hotel.

Now for the cons:
1) It has no lift. Probably becaucse it has just three floors, but it may be a concern for some.
2) This may or may not make a difference to you - if you are staying on the first floor, the music form the nightclub can be heard. I personally love listening to music anytime of the day, so it didn't really bother me. However, there was some construcion going on somewhere close to the hotel which could be heard too, and that did disturb me. Let's hope it was just a temporary thing.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, avoid the rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends