“good value, right in the heart of walking street”

and 1 more site!
Secrets Bar, Nightclub & Hotel
Ranked #203 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Gatineau, Canada
“good value, right in the heart of walking street”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel offers very good value. AC works very well, always plenty of hot water, comfy bed, attentive staff and accommodating management team. The hotel is half a block from walking street so it is right in the midst of the Pattaya night life. No street noise to speak of, but there is construction that starts at 08h15 each morning. The restaurant served a broad mix of foods from Asia and Europe. the nightclub is tame by Pattaya standards, which can be a welcome relief.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Nick F

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and it was great. The service and management was execellent. The food at the bar was great and all the bartenders were friendly and made great drinks. The girls were beautiful and nice and made partying there a great time. the location is the best you can get. sure it does get loud but if you in Pattaya staying on Walking Street what do you expect. Im going back next year and plan to stay here i would suggest it no problem

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I went to Pattaya twice last year and stay at Secrets both times. I enjoyed the rooms, staff, and the location. The nightclub is good and well air conditioned. The location is fantastic as it is just off walking street. You can walk or take the baht bus anywhere from there. If I had to have one complaint, it would be the stairs. Not wide and semi steep. But that isn't as bad as it seems. Food is excellent. The rooms are very clean. Definitely tell them if you plan to do a late check out when you make the reservations. I didn't the 1st time and had to vacate the room at 12, when my taxi wasn't going to pick me up until 6. But the staff kept an eye on my bags while I went out until the taxi arrived. Definitely a good place for solo first timers.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Butters B
Castlegar, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I spent my annual one month trip Pattaya and this time I decided to try Secrets bar, nightclub, hotel. The reason I had wanted to stay there as it was central access to Walking street. I stayed a total of 31 days and for the price and quality it was an excellent choice. It is a little noisier and busier in that part of town but it did not bother me that was why I go to Pattaya, endless of things to do. The room was excellent, try and stay on the 3rd floor as there is the night club below. There was construction going on across the street but that was out of the hotels control, a pair of ear plugs while sleeping fixed that issue. I can't say enough good things about the staff and service everybody was great and there to fill your every need. Checking in and out was effortless, house keeping was excellent. I utilized their car service to and from the airport to the hotel. They were very punctual, courteous, and drove safe each way, I like this feature because you don't need to chase around looking for a ride and it delete's the scammers, it was reasonable price of 1500 baht each way. They can not pull right up to the hotel because of its location, but they have bell men waiting for you to carry the bags etc, ant it is only a 2 minute easy walk no big deal you are on vacation don't sweat the small stuff. I ate a few times at the restaurant and the food is good and reasonable priced. I visited the night club a couple of times and it was a good place to visit, they also have a great tv if you want to watch sports, etc. If you are price conscience, it is an excellent choice for the value and you are right at the walking street activities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Dennis C
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed at Secrets for a week in January in two Superior rooms. To be honest we were a bit dubious about the place after we booked it, purely because of where it is and what we thought it might be..... Was it a short time hotel above a night club?? We shouldn't have worried, this place is a complete gem. Pound for pound this is the best value, most laid back but equally professional hotel I have ever stayed in for the price and more.....Anywhere. Big spacious rooms with excellent, quite air con. OK, don't bring your children here, bring the wife at a push, but be prepared for a great stay from check in to check out. Every request we made was seen to with a smile from directions to booking a taxi to the airport. The service is 5 star to anyone who hasn't experienced 5 star. All the staff, from management to cleaners are friendly, approachable and will bend over backward (some literally) to ensure you're having a good time. The Samasans and girls in the bar are genuinely lovely, not pushy, and worth having a drink or two with even if that's all you want. Oh yeah, they have real sausages!!! Well done Secrets, would I stay here again? Yeah in October, can't wait. Thanks. Nick and Jason

Room Tip: Get a top floor room as club below is open till late, if not, go to the club innit
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nick B
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Secrets is an OK place to stay if you are in Pattaya for the night life. The location is great as it is on a side street right off walking street.The accommodation is OK for the price and the staff is helpful. My luggage didn't make my flight and they were very helpful in making sure it got to the hotel. The food in the bar is OK, but a little expensive compared to other places quality. The only problem I had my entire time there was when I was checking out they tried to charge me for a couple things from the mini bar that I never used. Overall, this place is pretty average with a great location if you don't mind noise.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Scoobydoo32
Dublin
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in December 2013. The hotel is located in a side street just off Walking street. The deluxe room I stayed in was very large, had a balcony (No view), was cleaned every day by two great ladies who were courteous and polite. I took advantage of the airport pick up service which was on time and the lady driver obeyed the speed limits. I had originally got a room to the front of the hotel but the new building being constructed directly opposite meant Jack hammers at 8am so you had no choice but to get up unless you were completely deaf. This is not the fault of the hotel but some advance warning would have been nice. When I mentioned to the manager I was unable to sleep, I was moved to another room within a few hours so full marks for that. See the photo attached to this review. It shows the room sizes and locations on the second floor.

****Positives****
1. Location (About 100m from walking street.)
2. Price. (Deluxe room was only 995Bt per night) Great value.
3. Flat screen TV, mini bar, good Wi-Fi and a large in-room safe. (I was able to fit my iPad, DSLR, netbook, wallet, compact camera and documents in with space to spare.)
4. Friendly management and staff.
5. Room thoroughly cleaned each day.
6. Comfortable bed with crisp white sheets.
7. Good quality towels and free shampoo and soap in the bathroom.
8. Lady at reception printed my airline boarding passes free of charge which was a nice touch.

****Negatives****
1. Only one negative for me but its a biggie. Its very noisy at night. I have been to Pattaya many times and I realise its a party town and noise is to be expected but unless you are a very heavy sleeper or don't go to sleep until at least 4am, you should seriously consider a quieter hotel. Trust me on this one. Even with quite a few beers inside me, I found it difficult to sleep with the bass booming from the bars nearby.

****Conclusion****
If you are the type who can sleep with a band playing in your room, then you probably wont find a better value hotel with so many facilities so close to the action in Pattaya.

Room Tip: The higher floors to the back of the hotel are least noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo