“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #149 of 449 Hotels in Pattaya
Bengaluru, India
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 13 December 2010

This hotel is located in a nice place.. very close to Alcazar.. and close to many restaurants.. but far from Walking Street.. to reach Walking Street it would cost you THB10 one way in a Tuk Tuk.. and its a nice ride, seeing all the night life on the way.. many massage parlors exist very close by and there is an Indian restaurant called Aangan very close by.. very nice restaurant.. Hotel has a nice pool.. small but cozy.. food is decent.. B'fast was OK.. in terms of spread.. other hotels we stayed had much much btr b'fast..

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank vikramv4u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
Reviewed 8 June 2010

This hotel is located in Soi 1 i.e first lane on Pattay beach road.You can virtually start your tour from this road.You can rent a bike from corner of the lane.It is quite cheap and convenient 200 bht per day.The hotel serves average food.Rooms are neat and clean surely not good if you are out for honeymoon or romantic holiday.The staff is bit rude and would rarely smile at you.But if you want a convenient located hotel in average price range this is it

Stayed May 2010
hubli
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Its a beautiful hotel with good service and a very good pool conveniently located

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank calmtravellerHubli
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights during a period of travelling and after being in youth hostels in New Zealand and Australia, we were very much looking forward to a hotel and this did not disappoint!

I had been in contact with the hotel prior to booking to check that my arrival time would be ok - we landed in Bangkok at 1am and so wouldn't get to the hotel until the very early hours - they were more than helpful and explained that they would hold our rooms for us.

I had booked a hotel transfer through the hotel and I emailed them the week before to confirm that someone would be there to collect us at arrivals. I think that they had forgotten as they now told me that I would need to pay the full cost upfront due to my arrival time - which was impossible in my situation with my credit card being at home! I would hate to have thought what would have happened if I hadn't emailed for the confirmation!

Anyway, we arrived in the early hours and were greeted by a friendly concierge and the lady behind the reception desk. Our bags were taken to our rooms and we were very happy to find a clean, cool bedroom to get our heads down.

The rooms were pool view, very large, clean and full of everything you would need: hairdryer, TV, toiletries, very large inroom refridgerator etc. The air conditioning worked brilliantly (which was a life saver!) and you received 2 free bottles of water a day - there were other brands in the mini bar that were charged for (only 20Baht) but you got 2 free bottles per room a day. The beds were very large but very hard, and the pillows were hard too, but I asked the maid to change mine and she did with no problems.

The location of the hotel was great, a 2 minute walk to the seafront and to get a cab/tuk tuk to the lively area. Shops all nearby, plenty of bars/restaurants - I highly recommend the restaurant next to the hotel, the food was beautiful!

We didnt eat in the hotel other than having breakfast. The breakfast was ok, nearly everything was cold but the staff were more than willing to fetch freshly cooked eggs etc if you asked them. Fresh fruit, cereal, rice dishes, noodles, sausages etc - I am glad I was only there for 3 breakfast sittings as I think I would have gone crazy with the lack of choice. It is so cheap to eat out that we didn't really mind that the breakfast was crappy.

The staff at the hotel were really friendly, we wanted to go to the Elephant Village and Tiffany's show and the reception staff were more than willing to help book them for us. We had no complaints at all. You can also have the use of a free safety deposit box in the foyer, which a staff member also has to be present to open it - brilliant idea and reassuring.

The pool area was lovely, it gets the sun early and stays all day. There were certain guests that get up early everyday to claim the same sun loungers (you know the type!) but to be honest, it was so hot that we spent most of the time in the water. It wasn't that busy around the pool so we just sunbathed on the edge, that way you could just roll in when you got too hot! It was a quiet hotel really, the clientele were older couples, a few lone travellers, we were the youngest there (21 yrs old) but still felt comfortable.

Overall, we had a great stay in the hotel and if we ever go back to Pattaya we will definitely consider this again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends