“A pretty good mid level hotel - value for money, recommend sea view”

Baboona BeachFront Living
Ranked #180 of 455 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Spent 8 days at the Baboona and found it real value for money. Nice clean room, TV, DVD player, complimentary drinks (apart from Alcohol), & free wi fi in room. Had a sea view which had a good size balcony and was great to sit and watch sunsets / thunderstorms (be aware the balcony rail was a little lower than expected) Didn't eat breakfast here but did have a massage which was pretty good too.
Hotel did not have a pool which was disappointing but guess that's bad planning on our part. For the money think this was a pretty good hotel

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisB010

Reviewed 21 September 2010

This was my third stay at the Baboona, and I had an enjoyable time again.
The reception staff and security people are lovely, but a couple of the waiters still refuse to smile.
Breakfast has improved in my opinion, I was always able to get what I wanted. It is not 5-star food, but then again, neither is the price.
I will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank steam_driven_aussie
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Cheap but exceeds my expectation with its price. Beach front accommodation and spacious room with the amenities you need + balcony. Breakfast is fine. Staff are friendly. Heaps of convenience store nearby.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anjeneca
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Hotel location is very good. Nice & clean room. The only problem are the hotel staffs, they have a hard time communicating.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank bluebutterfly_ana
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed on the 5th floor in a deluxe seaview room but the first night the air conditioning was so noisy, we didnt get much sleep - had to turn it off to get some peace - it broke down completely the next morning so we were shifted to the 4th floor which didn't have quite as nice a view but still spectacular...a lovely breakfast including a cooked american breakfast if you wanted it but a more than adequate buffet to choose from...about a 7 minute walk to Central Festival and the baht truck back was only 10 baht - lots of them outside the hotel. The internet is free so that was a big plus - a really nice hotel..we didn't miss having a pool at all as the beach just across the road but we actually preferred to sit on the balcony and watch the world go by and the beautiful sunsets.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank judz
Reviewed 19 July 2010

stayed here for four nights with my boyfrien as we mare travelling around thailand. We pre booked it online as it looked nice and was cheap! After seeing some of the dives in pattaya we were delighted when we entered boboona. The doors were opened for us nearly all of the time and greeted with a smile. Breakfast was perfect, fruit, coffee, cereal etc. etc. They would make u thai food or a fry up if you wanted. We stayed in a sea view room and the sunset was beautiful. Pattaya was a bit of a dive tho. I was glad to get out of there as you could not swim in the water as it was dirty. But delighted i stayed at baboona. the one downfall of our room was that the airconditioner was bery noisey and I am a light sleeper. I turned it off only to be kept awake all night by the one in the room next door.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mynewway78
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I have read that this hotel compares to a 5* hotel and that's totally wrong. You cannot compare Baboona to the Crillon or the George V, but you can expect a good 3* hotel by European Standard - Thai smile and service is complementary!
The breakfast is generally included and will fill you for the day, eggs, omelette, rice or pasta, soup, fruits, cereals you get everything a good international traveler expect in the morning. They refill regularly so if you come late, you will not be without fruit salad of fried potatoes.
The rooms are large and design, I loved the cozy feeling from the lobby and the rooms, you feel home in Baboona, more than in a 4* like Holiday In across the street.
The location is fabulous, 5 min in bath bus from Walking street, but if you need beer or girls for example everything can be found in 10 min walk around the building. There is a bar just at the right filled with girls and tourist, very friendly in front of the beach walking promenade. But there is also a large number of shops 300 meters East, where Central Pattaya a large shopping center with cinema, video games and countless of shops.
The only issue I have noticed is the noisy bathrooms, if the adjacent room uses their bathroom, you get a very noisy flush noise, thru the walls, some with the shower.
Another issue is the Internet. It is very slow between 7pm to 11pm, I could not not do a Skype conversation which was very frustrating.
One warning, NEVER go out by night with your money in your back pocket, the girls are hanging you in the street and they are very hard to avoid without being rude. But they are watching for your money in your back pocket so be warry, lock your money somewhere they cannot reach it...I lost 5000 bath stupidly so be smarter than I was!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who want to have a great value hotel, in the middle of the action, where you will be comfortable to bring a girl to your room without feeling insecure, or feel safe in the middle of the mess. The personal is very professional and I would go back there if I had to stay in Pattaya again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo