I found this hotel via TripAdvisor, and I was not at all disappointed. It is one of the few hotels in Pattaya that is right on the beach (most are recessed a bit from the main Beach Road, but this place is right on the road/sidewalk). I honestly think my room had what must have been one of the best views of Pattaya, the city and the bay. You can get a much higher room at the Holiday Inn or Hilton, but my room was just the perfect height to appreciate the life on the street, as well as the bay and and city. Every morning, I would lay in bed and watch the countless parasailers out on the water. The balcony was also a perfect place to rest and relax, day or night.
I highly recommend upgrading to the deluxe seaview, if you plan on spending any time in the room, as the view is worth it. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Also, their library behind the lobby was a very pleasant place to unwind, complete with a very good collection of coffee table books, covering everything from Thailand to traveling to fashion. They also have a large collection of DVD's, from all over the world, including some recent USA movies, like Avatar. But they are all Thai or Asian versions, so they may have subtitles, or some of the movies may not be in english at all, which should be clearly indicated on the package. I was able to watch a number of interesting Korean and Chinese movies I never knew existed, during my week long stay in Pattaya, thanks to their free library and dvd player. Also, the breakfast was more than sufficient, with fresh eggs cooked to order, as well as various pastries and sides.
The location was perfect for the beach, as it was on the quieter, north side of town. The hotel restaurant had a good selection of Thai and European dishes, and there was plenty of street food, as well as restaurants from around the globe, within 2 blocks of the hotel. There were a few bars on the street outside the hotel, which could be a bit noisy if you are going to bed early, but this is a party town, and they were not that intrusive. There's also 2 Family Marts and a 7-11 within a block. But it is removed from the more rowdy and loud part of town. Thanks to the continuous string of songthaews (baht buses), the main nightclub area and shopping areas are a short and easy ฿10 ride away, or a bit of a walk, if you prefer.
The hotel definitely has a very nice boutique feel to it, with a small number of rooms, which are very well decorated, with nice bathrooms to match. I will definitely stay here again if I return to Pattaya, without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Baboona Beachfront Living...built in January of 2005, we offer a unique beachfront living destination with the view of the Pattaya Bay, situated on the happening beach road of North Pattaya. With our hotel-like serviced apartment ambiance, the building itself provides you the best comfort and is designed for the twenty-first century traveler. Its 39 rooms provide you the amenities to ensure comfort with quality that make your first visit become a life-long visiting experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baboona BeachFront Living reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baboona Beachfront Living Pattaya
- Baboona Beachfront Living Hotel Pattaya