“great stay”

Baboona BeachFront Living
Ranked #177 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 11 January 2011

good spa great staff near the beach not far from walkingstreet and easy to go anywhere buy baht bus

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 December 2010

I booked 2 rooms for 1 night; 4 adults and one 4year-old kid.
Staffs were very helpful and I meant everyone of them. : )
We had rooms on 2nd floor which also has a spa on this floor too.
Rooms are big and spacious with awesome bathroom (huge shower head and water pressure is great.) Free Wi-Fi is a plus.
The only down side is that there is no pool...but hey it's right across from Pattaya beach! who cares about the swimming pool, right?

First floor has a cute modern "library" which you can watch movies here [for me it's just a nice area to take some photos]. Small workout room is also on this floor.

And after having a good sleep we were totally happy with hotel's complimentary breakfast! first off they served made-to-order eggs/bacon/potatos then there were many selections of foods and desserts.
Cakes, chocolates, cookies, danishes etc. I was litterally in heaven!
Coffee was pretty good as well!

My vacation with family was completed with happinesss and part of it came from staying at Baboona : )

FYI: there is no parking at this hotel so you need to take care of it yourself.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JayTC
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I stayed at Baboona for one week in October 2010. I booked through expedia.com.au and stayed in a Deluxe Seaview Room (Room 401).

Check-in was a breeze - just a copy of my passport and a copy of my booking with expedia and I was on the way up to the room. Encountered first negative thing - the lift - aka "Sweat Box" - no a/c in the lift. The lift is small - very small - sort of like one you would find in Amsterdam.

The room was nice and clean. The bathroom was also nice and clean, but at this point I encountered negative number two - watch your step entering and exiting the bathroom as there is a tile lip to keep any flooind in the bathroom from entering the main room. I tripped on this and ended up crashing into the wall outside of the bathroom. Only pride was unjured though. The view from the room was very nice. There was seating for two on the balcony and a rack to hang towels/clothes to dry - watch out for the hand railing though - it's a lot lower than a normal one. The bed was king sized but discovered in bed later that it was actually two beds pushed together as there was a seam running down the center. The TV was a nice LCD and had a DVD player. You can borrow DVD's from reception for no cost and I watched two movies during my stay. The small refrigerator was stocked daily with complimentary non-alcoholic beverages (normally two water bottles, one can of coke, one drink box of milk and a drink box of juice).

I discovered that both the bed linens and towels were starting to show signs of wear. Towels thinning and the bed comforter had small tears near the button/tie points. One of the pillow cases was so thin that when I bent it in half to prop myself up to watch some TV it caused a small tear.

I like the shampoo, conditioner and body wash bottles in the shower. They are glued to the shelf in the shower so if you have anything else you need to bring in the shower you'll have to place it on the floor or wedge it between the glued bottles. The water pressure in the shower was nice, but the water never really got hot.

The only negative that would put me off from staying in the hotel again is the A/C in the room. It's VERY loud. So loud it will disturb even a heavy sleeper - as I woke up several times in the night due to the noise.

The reception staff and doormen were always very nice and friendly during my stay. The morning breakfast was more than adequate and I was satisfied every morning I ate. The gentleman working in the restaurant (obtaining room numbers and egg orders) could have been a little more friendly, but he did his job professionally and was courteous at all times.

There are two free pc's to use for internet access - one in the lobby and one in the library. I found the one in the library to be more private and the a/c in the library is very nice. There is a small workout room with some cardio machines and a universal style weight machine.

Overall I liked this hotel - and it was decently priced. I would have an issue staying there again due to the a/c units in the rooms being too loud, but I guess a good pair of earplugs would help with the noise if I did stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I visit Pattays regularly, and wanting to stay across from the beach, I booked three nights in a Seaview Room at the Baboona Hotel. Upon arrival in a taxi from Bangkok at about 3:30pm, we checked in with no issues, and was taken up the lift by a bellman. We were shown to a very small room on the 2nd floor with two small twin beds. I immediately said that I could not stay in the room as I had booked a room with one large bed, as shown in the photos on the booking agency's website. I'm 187cm tall and we like to sleep together

The bellman, a nice woman who showed us to the room, then called the front desk and they said basically, "sorry we don't have any other rooms for tonight, but we could move you to another room tomorrow."

After a bit of discussion, the front desk person did admit they had other rooms with big beds, "but you will have to pay more." I told her I had booked the room 10 days before and why was there not a reasonable room available for me.

She said my problem with the booking was with the booking agent and not the hotel. I asked to speak with the manager and was told I could send an e-mail. I asked for the manager's mobile number and was told, "no." At that point I decided to just leave the hotel as I know in Thailand it is often impossible to creatively solve a problem like this.

At that point, I called my regular hotel up on Soi LK Metro and asked if they had any rooms. I was told, "no problem Mr....."

Bad travel day. So much for my seaside holiday...!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank onomataho
Reviewed 20 November 2010

From the moment you step in here, you get a taste of Thai hospitality. Cheerful & friendly staff ensure an efficient check-in and your bags reach your room, even before you do! Situated opposite Pattaya Beach in North Pattaya, the view is fabulous from the sea-facing rooms, though the 2nd floor should be avoided. Free Internet & breakfast make this one real value-for-money place & its location & staff make it worth your while. Though the Hotel is a good 1.5 km walk from Pattaya's famous "Walking Street", the entire stretch from the hotel to there is full of pubs, eating joints & night-spots that Pattaya is famous for.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Location location location, only 20 meters from the beach, 10 minute baht bus to all the action and a great. Nights sleep! Food is awesome and FREE wifi Internet!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Difficult to sleep when you have to fight with fleas and mosquitos, plug your ears cause flushs and flowns from above rooms all night long. Noisy,dirty,run away

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business