“July 2012 Review by Australian”
Review of RS Sea Side Hotel

RS Sea Side Hotel
Ranked #303 of 538 Speciality Lodging in Pattaya
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Overall not bad hotel for the price ($40 AUD per night including breakfast). Bit run down e.g. minor repairs needed like power points in room not working. Hotel advertises 'wireless' but this is only available on the ground floor near reception not in the upper level rooms. No laundry facilities at hotel have to walk to laundry mat to do any washing. American breakfast very average. Good accommodation for those wanting somewhere cheap with no frills.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vanrusselhof

Reviewed 5 May 2012

This was my second stay here, so I clearly dont think its a terrible hotel.

As with all hotels, you expect quality to be comparative to the price you pay. You cannot expect five star facilities and service for 750bht including breakfast for two (£15) per night.

This hotel is located a fair distance down Jontiem Beach road. It is accessible by the standard songtel, which takes you down to the beginning of Jontiem and then into cenral pattaya. Not bad for 10bht. If you choose a private taxi you will expect to pay around 250bht or about 70 for a motorbike taxi into central pattaya.

The reason I chose this hotel was the location. I was with my wife and 2.5yr old son. For us central Pattaya is too busy and the roads are too dangerous for a toddler. This hotel is located on a fairly quiet stretch of Jontiem beach road. The beach is located directly over the road from the hotel which was ideal for our needs. There's a 7-11 two doors down, street food and a couple of bars all within a couple of minutes. If you require more variety you can head further into Jontiem or Pattaya for 10bht.

The hotel has a pool. The pool is small, but also fine for our little boy to take a swim. And nice for me to cool down.

All in all, this hotel provided what we required. And would stay here again, as the hotel offered what we required at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank eddibabyyeah
Reviewed 4 April 2012

all i can say is i was shocked when i saw it what a dump i would never have thought judging by pics on website what a rundown place and the main road it is on is relly dirty and shabby all i can advise is book carefully would i stay here again ? no thailand is seedy jst an awful place

Room Tip: choose a different hotel and maybe a nicer place this place is definatly not what it seems
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank snobunny24
Reviewed 4 March 2012

First of all this is a standard Thai three star hotel. So I've got everything I paid for.
Location is brilliant IMO. Jomtien beach is much better than most of pattayas beaches. Tuk tuk can get you everywhere. Around the hotel you can find some really good restaurants plus 24/7 shop.
Reception team is really friendly and helpfull. They serve standard continental breakfast, and it was quite good.
We lived in a superior room so I don't know about the quality of a standard one.
Never used a pool but by the look of it, it's a standard clean hotel pool.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Videoprikol
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I have got to admit when I pulled up outside this hotel my first thought was that I had made a big mistake!
However my check in was dealt with well and efficiently by very friendly helpfull smiling staff. I was shown to my room which was a pool view balcony room and found it to be a large airy room with a cosy balcony. Air conditioning, fridge, etc all worked well and the room as very clean. Plenty of hot water in the shower at ALL times of the day.
Pool is small but was fine for dunking in and out of when the heat got too much, during the time I was there it was very rarely used possibly due to the very close proximity to the beach.
The Hotel is stuated immediately accross the road from the beach at the quieter end of Jomtien beach which suited me but is still only a 15 minute bus ride into Pattaya for all the nightlife you could want if you felt like it.
A word of caution I did see the inside of some of the "basic" rooms whilst I was there and although again they were clean these rooms were quite small and would for me have been a little claustrophobic.
Breakfast was very cheap but not very substantial, I found breakfast in the establishment next door far better.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony pool view room for the size, these rooms also have no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 26 October 2011

i stayed at this hotel during my trip to pattaya earlier this month..it ws a great experience keeping the room rent in mind..service was good..room rent was also nominal..its best for all those who want to be in a peacefull place n for all those who want the happening nightlife of pattaya,walking street is just 10-15mins in local taxis/tuk-tuk..swimming pool was also in good condition..overall a very good experience...would stay here only in my next trip to pattaya!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rahul K
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Stayed here for six nights at the end of April 2011.

The location of the hotel is a long way from the main bars and night-life of Jontiem. But this was fine for us travelling with a 20 month old little boy, we wanted something a bit out of the way.

The hotel is located across the road from Jontiem beach and is just about on the main songtel route into Pattaya. So you can get a songtel and it will take you all the way into Pattaya 2nd road or Soi Baukhao. Pattaya floating market is also only about 10 minutes away by taxi.

One thing letting this place down was the attitude of the staff. None of them seemed helpful at all. I booked the room on the internet directly with their site. I stated that my wife would be arriving at about 7am and booked a room at 1100bht a night. When my wife arrived after a nine hour bus journey with our little boy. She was told there was no booking for her and they put her in a room at 1500bht a night. They then gave her the key and didnt even show or help her to the room, even though she was struggling with a baby and a suitcase. When I arrived 4 hours later I explained that I booked the room online and was quoted 1100. The receptionist said there was no record of the booking and we would have to pay 1500 a night. I was not too impressed by this and told her that unless she honoured our booking at 1100 I would take our stuff and we would move hotels and not pay anything. She eventually gave in after about 10 mins of arguing and making phone calls and honoured our booking at 1100.

Overall. The hotel is good. But the attitude of the staff needs some serious work.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family