“3 star experience for a 4 star hotel”
Review of LK Renaissance

LK Renaissance
Ranked #124 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
California
“3 star experience for a 4 star hotel”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Location: Prime location in Central Pattaya, 3 minute walk to Second Rd. Tons of restaurants, shops, bars around this area. Easy access to cheap transportation that will take you everywhere in Pattaya. Century Plaza not far away from this hotel.

Rooms: You get a 'jacuzzi' or actually, a bathtub with holes shooting bubbles; Spacious and comfortable; Victorian-modern theme but may be starting to show its age (dulling colors, a nick here and there). Also, bars in front of the hotel may get loud at night. I think there is good insulation as I did not hear much noise in my room but I was in a room facing towards the back.

Staff: Rather cold, in fact, mechanical if not right out dull. When checking-out, tried to charge me for their free bottle of water when I'm allowed two and only drank one. I can't believe for the price I paid (almost $100 USD) they are trying to nickle and dime me over a bottle of water that was suppose to be free. They 'claimed' 2 was free and 2 were not and I picked the wrong ones when they all look the same. To top it off, they WEREN'T labeled free or not free. Not classy at all for a hotel that strives to be.

I booked this hotel at the last minute as all the hotels in this class was overbooked. I thought I was getting a creme of crop by paying the extra $$. In retrospect, it was a letdown and having stayed at other hotels, I thought it was too expensive for what I got and I would not stay here again unless the price was lower and the staff lighten up their attitudes as well as their silly bottle-water gimmick.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Jon K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Don't get me wrong this is a nice hotel and everything but there was a power shortage last night due to outside problem. It is not the power shortage that's the problem but my room was on the sixth floor when that happens and I went outside my room to try to find the fire escape stairs. Not a single emergence exit sign was visible. I was in total darkness. Other guest found the same on different floors. I don't know about you but in my country they will not allow the hotel to operate under this condition. There is not one single emergency or fire exit sign at this hotel. Take note this is a fire trap that one would hear about when traveling overseas. Hence my overall rating not to be confused with the quality that the staff and rooms are at the moment.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank Barrowpet2011
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I stayed at the LK Renaissance for three nights.

Pros:
Good location
Comfortable bed
Free wi-fi in the room (one of the reasons I chose it over Tim Boutique Hotel)
Nice pool area, albeit pool is small
Studio room was quiet and had a nice view of big trees in vacant lot

Cons:
Front desk people were indifferent and not friendly - check-out was especially bad.
Linens were old and tired
Breakfast was mediocre (for the price of room)
Bathroom was in bad condition - no shower curtain, mold in corners, water pressure
Low end bathroom amenities (soaps, etc.)
Furniture was a little tired

I probably would not stay here again unless the price was a lot lower.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room in the back
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank onomataho
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Given your choices in Pattaya, this is not a really bad place. It's well located, the lobby and the pool are quite nice and the rooms are decent. The staff is generally friendly. And surprise, the minibar isn't outrageously expensive. You could definitely find a worse value for your baht.

But this is why the LK can't be anything other than average in my book: The place, by virture of its location, is always noisy. You've got to bring your earplugs if you turn in before 2am, period. I know it's Pattaya, but you can find a quieter hotel of similar value. The rooms are in need of maintenance (paint, grouting, upholstery, etc.). The breakfast is an 'order off the menu' place of spectacularly mediocre possibilities. Finally, I extended my stay a day, but the front desk wouldn't hear of giving me my pre-booked rate on the additional day, and charged me the full walk-in rate--which is the fastest way I can think of for a hotel to prevent me from recommending them. Give another three or four star hotel in the area a chance before trying this one.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank carrache
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This hotel is centrally located in Pattaya city. It is clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay there. The hotel staff are friendly.
I recommend you to ask for a quiet room not near the street if you don't want to sleep with the music of go-go bars nearby in the night.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Yeah I know it's not the 4* that might have come to expect from other reviews but I couldn't put it as "very good" because of a couple of gripes. Firstly the older woman taking breakfast orders is a miserable, rude bitc* to other Thai guests and thats just not acceptable. If she doesn't like the service industry maybe she should go and clean toilets or something. The shower holder was broken and the bed a little worn. Yeah, I know, it's Pattaya what did I expect. Funny thing is I was going to book another hotel but I read a report that "prostitutes where running down the hallway giggling!" I thought that was handy, you wouldnt even have to go out, you could just flag them down outside your door like a taxi and go for a ride! The other thing I liked about the LK is they had condoms in the bathroom with a little LK Hotels sticker on them. Them must reenforcing them motto, "LK Hotel, where the customer comes first!"

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank phillipsly
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I have just stayed at the LK Renaissance for the 3rd time. It is a small boutique hotel very clean with reasonable priced rooms and an adequate breakfast included. It has a nice swimming pool for cooling off in. All staff are friendly and it has free wi fi access. Friendly bars are located over the road and plenty of restaurants within 5 minutes walking. Shopping is nearby with Mikes department store - something for everybody- cheap or there is Central 10 minutes away. Paanan massage shop attached to hotel offers excellent professional massages to get rid of the sore spots after golf. Close to money changers. Take along the address of hotel in writing for transport drivers.

Room Tip: Studio rooms are adequate although superior rooms have same with bit of extra room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends