Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
US$19
View deal
Free cancellation until 23/10/21
Snaptravel
All reviews quiet soi pool bar night life the ground floor pools
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Away from the crowds and still quite close, one feels really relaxed in this quiet hotel. Staff is OK but just that. Good breakfast buffet.

Room tip: Try to be near the restaurant... rooms at the back are sometimes noisy
Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We chose this hotel from the internet for a weekend break for my wife's extended family. We booked 7 rooms for one night. The rooms were mediocre at best. We could just about have accepted that. However our stay was completely ruined by the rudeness, arrogance and complete lack of helpfulness shown by the reception staff.
My wife and I stayed in in a different hotel in Pattaya the night before. The family were due to arrive from Bangkok at 12:00. Check in time is advertised for 2:00. My wife's mother is elderly and has a bad leg. We went to ask if there was any possibility of one room being available before 2:00. We were told, very shortly "No". Not a good start.
When the family arrived, we all sat in the bar until just before 2:00 with all our cases. Then one room on an upper floor was made available, but we weren't allowed to check in. All 15 of us squeezed in. My wife and I went to enquire about the other rooms. "You must wait one hour" I was told (i.e to 3:00 pm). Naturally I complained. The answer: "You book 7 rooms. We only have 2 staff. You must wait". Of course, the fact we had booked 7 rooms was irrelevant. They could have been booked by 7 different people. I walked away. The receptionist said - in Thai - to my wife (who is Thai) "Why doesn't he understand - he must wait". On hearing about this, I returned to reception and asked to see the manager. "He is not here - you can see him later". "Call him", I said "I will talk to him now". He apologised and said he would talk to the reception staff and see what could be done. My wife listened to our end of the conversation, and was absolutely infuriated. Clearly knowing that she was being overheard, and clearly not caring, the receptionist was laughing and joking with the manager and talking rudely about us". It was now about 2:30pm. The receptionist made one room available to my wife and I, and said that the manager would come and see us "Now". We checked in. The receptionist threw our passports along the reception counter at us when she had finished with them. We waited for 1/2 an hour. Nobody came. 3:00pm. "Where is the manager and what about the other rooms?" "Manager busy and you must wait one hour more for other rooms". Enough. I refused to pay for the drinks my wife and I had drunk while waiting for the manager and the whole family went out to seek food.
When we got back about an hour later, all the rooms were ready and the manager was there. He apologised profusely, and agreed that I need not pay for the drinks. I demanded something more than apologies, and he agreed that we would be credited with 1000 baht at the bar.
The rooms were rotten. Musty, poor decoration, mosquitoes, Antique aircon. Our "view" was of a blank wall one metre away.
Dinner was OK foodwise but the dishes came out one at a time so that the first of us had finished long before the last started eating.
The pool was good. Excellent for the children and the adults. The staff in the poolside bar were good. Breakfast was OK too.
When leaving, I checked the bill. Sure enough the two drinks that I didn't have to pay for had re-appeared in it. I refused to pay for them again. A call to the manager was required before a new bill was prepared without them. Just to be sure, I wrote "Zero" in the place where it said "Tip".
It wasn't so much that the rooms weren't ready at 2:00. If they had said "Very very sorry, short staff today. Please have a free drink at the bar while you wait", we might have understood. Instead, they made it very clear that the guests were there for the convenience of the staff and we should stop bothering them when they were busy.

Will we stay there again? Do we recommend it to you? No.

Room tip: Tip to help travellers choose a good room: Choose one in a different hotel.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Roger M
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have used this hotel before.
It is well positioned in Pattaya...whatever you wish to do.
The teb Bhat buses are easy to use, and pass the hotel.
Rooms are obviously not "five star", but are clean, and have everything you require.

House keeping staff are very helpful, if you require extras.

Pools are very nice, and there is good wifi connection.

Room tip: Ask for poolside room
Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed 15 April 2012

hotel is clean apart from the room varandas when sometime the dirty sheets which have been removed from the rooms remains there for hours. hotel is located in north pattaya. easy to go every where onto a bath buses which also run from outside the hotel. walking street is far from hotel and you would always need to take transport. Hotel has a good pool which is clean and family oriented. take rooms on the ground floor as there is no lifts anywhere. rooms are cleaned everyday with new sheets and towels and two bottles of free water. breakfast was good but you get bored with it if you are staying for more then 2 days as the menu is the same. we stayed for 4 days and on the last day i didn't fancy it any more. Air cons are outdated and didn't work in one of my rooms, which even after complaining the reception staff refused to accept that it is not working properly. after a heated argument they moved me to other bigger rooms, but they gave me a room on 3rd floor and there is no lift.

If you are booking through booking.com beware that they pre-authorise the credit card before you arrive so when you get the bill there is going to be extra charge of service tax and currency conversion. the reception staff refused to reverse the authorisation.

Room tip: choose a ground floor level room
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank khelan
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Ok,stayed at sabai lodge for 15 nights at the end of march/begining of april.The hotel was fairly clean but a little noisy as there where quite a lot of children staying there who liked to be up early.!!!
Even though we booked through their own website we had to move rooms halfway into our stay which was more expensive(which we had to pay),in the new room the safe didnt work and they never sorted this problem out the whole time i was there,luckily a freind was at the same hotel so i used his safe!!!
A few minor niggles but i would probably stay in Sabai Inn,just across the road for more peace and quiet next time.

Date of stay: March 2012