Lowest prices for your stay
£27
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£26
Easy and fast booking
Hotels.com
£26
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews nice swimming first floor hot water pools thai nightlife
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed at the Subai Lodge for 8 nights at the end of May, and I found it a very suitable and pleasant place. The room I had was quite large and i didnt expect 5 star quality but the room had everything that i needed Air con, large bed, fridge, shower, Tv with some English Channels, Fox, BBC World and Channel News Asia. What more do you want for 800 Baht a night ! The rooms were cleaned every day and new sheets were put on the bed. The complex has 4 swimming pools and a pool bar serving very good and reasonably priced food. Try the Chicken and cashew nuts, also the burgers are very nice. The staff were very friendly and eager to help with any problems. The Subai Lodge is situated on Soi 2 which is about a ten minute Baht Bus ride to the famous Walking Street. Breakfast at the subai was good and for 200 baht you could eat or drink as much cofee as you wish. Overall this is a good place to stay in North Pattaya just far enough away from the madness of beach road and it's many beer bars and go go clubs, but still near to Pattaya's many attractions which are still easily reached by Pattaya's good transport infrastructure

Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank peteblue
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Away from the crowds and still quite close, one feels really relaxed in this quiet hotel. Staff is OK but just that. Good breakfast buffet.

Room tip: Try to be near the restaurant... rooms at the back are sometimes noisy
Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We chose this hotel from the internet for a weekend break for my wife's extended family. We booked 7 rooms for one night. The rooms were mediocre at best. We could just about have accepted that. However our stay was completely ruined by the rudeness, arrogance and complete lack of helpfulness shown by the reception staff.
My wife and I stayed in in a different hotel in Pattaya the night before. The family were due to arrive from Bangkok at 12:00. Check in time is advertised for 2:00. My wife's mother is elderly and has a bad leg. We went to ask if there was any possibility of one room being available before 2:00. We were told, very shortly "No". Not a good start.
When the family arrived, we all sat in the bar until just before 2:00 with all our cases. Then one room on an upper floor was made available, but we weren't allowed to check in. All 15 of us squeezed in. My wife and I went to enquire about the other rooms. "You must wait one hour" I was told (i.e to 3:00 pm). Naturally I complained. The answer: "You book 7 rooms. We only have 2 staff. You must wait". Of course, the fact we had booked 7 rooms was irrelevant. They could have been booked by 7 different people. I walked away. The receptionist said - in Thai - to my wife (who is Thai) "Why doesn't he understand - he must wait". On hearing about this, I returned to reception and asked to see the manager. "He is not here - you can see him later". "Call him", I said "I will talk to him now". He apologised and said he would talk to the reception staff and see what could be done. My wife listened to our end of the conversation, and was absolutely infuriated. Clearly knowing that she was being overheard, and clearly not caring, the receptionist was laughing and joking with the manager and talking rudely about us". It was now about 2:30pm. The receptionist made one room available to my wife and I, and said that the manager would come and see us "Now". We checked in. The receptionist threw our passports along the reception counter at us when she had finished with them. We waited for 1/2 an hour. Nobody came. 3:00pm. "Where is the manager and what about the other rooms?" "Manager busy and you must wait one hour more for other rooms". Enough. I refused to pay for the drinks my wife and I had drunk while waiting for the manager and the whole family went out to seek food.
When we got back about an hour later, all the rooms were ready and the manager was there. He apologised profusely, and agreed that I need not pay for the drinks. I demanded something more than apologies, and he agreed that we would be credited with 1000 baht at the bar.
The rooms were rotten. Musty, poor decoration, mosquitoes, Antique aircon. Our "view" was of a blank wall one metre away.
Dinner was OK foodwise but the dishes came out one at a time so that the first of us had finished long before the last started eating.
The pool was good. Excellent for the children and the adults. The staff in the poolside bar were good. Breakfast was OK too.
When leaving, I checked the bill. Sure enough the two drinks that I didn't have to pay for had re-appeared in it. I refused to pay for them again. A call to the manager was required before a new bill was prepared without them. Just to be sure, I wrote "Zero" in the place where it said "Tip".
It wasn't so much that the rooms weren't ready at 2:00. If they had said "Very very sorry, short staff today. Please have a free drink at the bar while you wait", we might have understood. Instead, they made it very clear that the guests were there for the convenience of the staff and we should stop bothering them when they were busy.

Will we stay there again? Do we recommend it to you? No.

Room tip: Tip to help travellers choose a good room: Choose one in a different hotel.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Roger M
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have used this hotel before.
It is well positioned in Pattaya...whatever you wish to do.
The teb Bhat buses are easy to use, and pass the hotel.
Rooms are obviously not "five star", but are clean, and have everything you require.

House keeping staff are very helpful, if you require extras.

Pools are very nice, and there is good wifi connection.

Room tip: Ask for poolside room
Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed 15 April 2012

hotel is clean apart from the room varandas when sometime the dirty sheets which have been removed from the rooms remains there for hours. hotel is located in north pattaya. easy to go every where onto a bath buses which also run from outside the hotel. walking street is far from hotel and you would always need to take transport. Hotel has a good pool which is clean and family oriented. take rooms on the ground floor as there is no lifts anywhere. rooms are cleaned everyday with new sheets and towels and two bottles of free water. breakfast was good but you get bored with it if you are staying for more then 2 days as the menu is the same. we stayed for 4 days and on the last day i didn't fancy it any more. Air cons are outdated and didn't work in one of my rooms, which even after complaining the reception staff refused to accept that it is not working properly. after a heated argument they moved me to other bigger rooms, but they gave me a room on 3rd floor and there is no lift.

If you are booking through booking.com beware that they pre-authorise the credit card before you arrive so when you get the bill there is going to be extra charge of service tax and currency conversion. the reception staff refused to reverse the authorisation.

Room tip: choose a ground floor level room
Date of stay: April 2012