“it was good”

Ranked #272 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Berlin, Germany
“it was good”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

the hotel was nice and staff frendly help us for everythıngs but just want to say about that, ı was swiming ın the pool and someone came next to me and he saıd to me go out from pool quick and he was speak with me very angry and he hurt me and then ı just wonder who is he , he was security manager.he get angry me. anyway everythings was god ın this hotel but just security manager not good for this hotel ...

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank 415antony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I travelled with my family ( Parents and siblings) to Pattaya last Nov/Dec and I must say this place is was amazing. It was more like a resort in fact!!! The reception staff were very helpful and gave us good travel advice and even helped us arrange some of our travel to Nong Nooch and the Alcazar show. The Rooms were very clean and spacious. The bathrooms which I am very particular was also very clean and we had hot water all the time. Location peaceful yet was in the city center; lot of massage places around, Alcazar was just around the corner( But please take a Tuk Tuk and don't attempt to walk if you're not upto it), was just a block away from the Pattaya beach. But I'd say if you want to be at the happening place like walking street, its a bit far ( Not very far, considering Pattaya is a very small place). In all it was a very good place and I'd definitely go there again or recommend it to people going there.

Room Tip: having travelled a lot a good room most importantly should be clean, airy and spacious. It should ma...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BinMuts
Alachua, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Great location. Quiet, clean and within walking distance from Pattaya Beach and the Boardwalk. Staff was very friendly and informative. Great pool and garden. Clean rooms. Restaurants, grocery and traditional Thai massage nearby. Suprisingly inexpensive. Took a ferry over to the large island. Beautiful crystal clear turquoise blue water. Magnificent views....

Room Tip: Ask to see a couple of different rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Diane G
Budakeszi, Hungary
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Been in Palm Garen three times, of which we stayed on the second floor two times. No problem with that, but not to book the first floor of the old building: last time it smelled awful and the bathroom wasn't 100% clean/ Spiders and strings of hair in the - supposedly not fresh - bed just added to our discomfort. Hopefully it was just a single occassion, as most of the time we were satisfied with the staff. If you're fortunate enough to have a room on the second floor, you'll have a good night's sleep: else all the nightlife noises will disturb you.

Expect a lot of eldery gentlemen with their local heartbreaks - no place for young people, however, they let you rent the rooms for a couple hours as well. Condom automat at the hallway. No matter if you have a double bed room, only one breakfast is included in the price.

The hotel also has an outdoor pool, great if you're fed up with the unwanted seaside sellers. Palm Garden claims to have high speed internet in the lobby (not free, you need to buy your coupons) but don't trust them: it's awfully slow.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tigritigr
London
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I have been staying at the Palm Garden for over 20 years and I can honestly say that I have not stayed at a more friendly hotel.The staff are efficient,helpful and always smiling.
I enjoy poolside with its beautiful garden setting and excellent brekfast/lunch sevive.
The restaurant gives ample portions with a huge choice of Asian/Western fareand unbelievably reasonable prices.
I'm looking forward to my next visit in October

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank londonmmm
Auckland
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Stayed Palm Garden Hotel, 2nd Rd, Pattaya, with three friends and my daughter, as so many times before (have family in Thailand) but new management and cleaning staff made me cut my stay short, as the staff accused my friends of having stolen THBaht50 worth of simple clothes hangers.
My good friends of many years are neither thiefs nor poor people but decent middle class Thais who do NOT steal, and least of all clothes hangers.
Complaint to the reception did, however, not lead to an apology by the manager or a reprimand to the cleaning supervisor, who was extremely rude and uncultural.
Since I have spent tens of thousands of Thai Baht staying at Palm Garden since early February 1981, first on business trips and later on leisure I was deeply shocked that no apology was forthcoming. I can only suggest that the cleaning supervisor and staff are trying to make extra pocket money by rudely and wrongly accusing guests of stealing small things. An email to Palm Garden's manager shortly after in 2008 asking for an unconditional apology has remained unanswered, which to me is a sign of bad faith.
Needless to say I shall never stay at Palm Garden again and thus warn other people similarly to stay clear of that place. Because after Palm Garden got a new manager and new senior cleaning staff things have also started to go the wrong way.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
8 Thank LadyBarbie

Travellers are raving about these Pattaya hotels