1) The swimming pool is excellent, a good size, lots of greenery and a nice place to relax.
2) I stayed in the cheapest room. It is very clean. The bed was very comfy and a great size. The TV wasn't a flat screen but was okay and had lots of channels. Air con was excellent.
3) Very friendly cleaning and kitchen staff, always smiling and saying hello.
4) Good value for money.
5) An excellent location, close to many bars, the beech and a short ride to walking street.
What could be easily improved ....
1) The coffee at breakfast is DISGUSTING DISGUSTING DISGUSTING.
2) If you are staying a long time, the breakfast quickly becomes monotonous. The toast is always half-toasted, there isn't enough butter or jam, and the coffee - URGH!
3) WIFI. Nearly everywhere, from hotels, bars, clubs, to hairdressers, coffee shops, burger places etc etc has free WIFI. Why Palm Gardens insists on charging 50 baht an hour for theirs is unbelievable. It is like toilet paper now - just expected! If you need WIFI, this place isn't for you unless money is no object. It must be the most expensive WIFI in Pattaya.
4) No safe in the room. If you bring home a guest, casual security may be an issue.
5) I never heard the reception staff (with one exception) say ' Good morning', 'Good evening', 'How are you, today?' etc and never saw them smile once in my entire stay. I wonder when they are paying for a stay in a hotel, they want to be met all the time with miserable-looking staff?
6) The reception area is dark and huge. Oh for a pot of white paint and a few lights - it would change first impressions.
The hotel is still good value, but could be so much better.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Palm Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Garden Hotel Pattaya