“Good hotel close to beach and nightlife”
Review of Sandy Spring Hotel

Sandy Spring Hotel
Ranked #101 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
USA
“Good hotel close to beach and nightlife”
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I have stayed at the Sandy Spring hotel about 15 times in the last 5 years or so. It is a relatively inexpensive guest friendly hotel close to the beach, shopping and nightlife.

They have a very good staff and are always happy to assist you. The hotel rooms could use a makeover, but they are adequately sufficient for most folks. The hotel is guest friendly and the location is their best asset. You are only a minutes walk to the beach although, it is not the prettiest of beachs. Jomtien Beach a short ride away is much better, but not great. The hotel itself does not have a restaurant per se, but there is some food available at the small bar in the lobby and the hotel offewrs room service from adjacent hotels as well. There are 2 great breakfast places one on either side of the hotel and there there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, There is a mall with several restaurants with a movie theater and bowling alley at one end of the block and the beach is at the other end. There are plenty of shops in the area and several other malls within walking distance too.

If you want plenty of nighlife "Walking Street" and other places are close by.

For anyone staying in Pattaya looking for reasonably priced accommodations I would suggest they look at the Sandy Spring hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank TRAVLINCOP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I have stayed in this hotel on more than one occasion since 2007 and recommended it to friends along the way. Location is everything in Pattaya and the Sandy Spring is ideally situated on Soi 13, Beach Road.
Rooms are very clean and include a minibar. The pool area is excellent (unless you happen to be in an adjacent room and enjoy a lay in) and has a waitress/waiter service between 10am and 6pm if I remember correctly.
The hotel has recently made it's wireless internet service free to guests which is in line with other hotels in town. The hotel does not have a particularly attractive bar/restaurant area and only caters for snacks although service throughout is very good.
My only gripe is, that as a previous guest, I expected a better deal on a room when I arrived from Bangkok earlier this month. I rang ahead and was assured that rooms were available but when I arrived, the receptionist demanded 3300 Baht (approx £65) for one night!!! I'm sorry but my five star hotel in Bangkok cost less than that. . . and then she reminded me that "The price does include Free Internet!"
In conclusion, The Sandy Spring is well located and ideal if it's your first visit to Pattaya but book well in advance or consider the smaller boutique hotels in town which offer better value and also have "Free Internet"

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bradwana
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I would call Sandy a Boutique hotel, great Staff, good service, always smiling. Offer of VIP club if you are a regular. Pool is excellent and private with good poolside service. Staff are discreet. Hi speed WI FI very expensive compared to other hotels. Large fridge in room. Located in Soi 13 walking distance to beach and Walking street for Beer bars and night life. Great Hotel I am regular visitor

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 9 December 2008

A couple of negatives first.
The cost of the wifi at 50 baht an hour is too expensive and rarely lasted an hour.
There is a massage place across the soi and I used to wave to the girls from my balcony. If you you get a girl in for a massage in your room they add 100 baht to your bill. Considering it is for a one hour traditional massage this is ridiculous. The massages are good and about 200 baht for 75 minutes.
The pool is cold.
Mini bar is a bit expensive.
I left my change (my fault) next to the bed and the maids assumed it was a tip and would take it. No problem I didn't leave a tip when I left.

Pluses. Location. Easy to get to Soi Diana, the beach, walking street, baht bus, shopping malls, ten pin bowling and restaurants. markets every where for CDs clothes etc.
The pool area is great. I invited a girl to bring her small daughter and her friend (ages 7-9) and the attendant pumped up pool toys for them and provided them with towels.Free. They also lay out the mats and chairs in configurations you want and will bring you drinks.
Rooms are spacious and a big size bath with good water pressure. Enough to get 2 very excited people into it at a time. A quiet soi (except for some temporary glitches beyond control) and my many friends liked the room. Big bed and comfortable.

No problems with guests and friendly front desk and door staff. Cleaning done when I wanted it and to a good standard. A good laundry on the side of Soi 13 near the wonderful bar. Quick and well done.

Probably a tad over priced but I saved a lot of money as I walked just about everywhere.

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank ronrat
Scotland
Reviewed 25 March 2008

I stayed here for five nights.
Excellent location - really quiet despite only being seconds away from the bustling nightlife.
Staff are really friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of tv watchable channels
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Asmudger
MAINE
Reviewed 6 January 2008

Sandy Spring hotel

I'll start by saying that I was ripped off. I am looking at my reservation now which says the 7th through the 10th. I was also charged the 6th. They have a very odd way of booking here. Even with my printed confirmation they still charged me for the 6th as a no show. The manager confirmed this and since they already had my credit card number there is nothing I can do until I get home to dispute the charge. Given my confirmation that should not be an issue.

Besides that my room smelled like urine. The hotel is full so there is nothing I can do. I'm sure they will charge me if I leave early. I do like the location of soi 13. The pool is very small but ok. Internet is 56k speed and expensive. I am trying to be fair with this review but I was ripped off due to their error and I have written proof of this.

Stayed December 2007