“Not worth for a family trip”

Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #240 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Not a good hotel to stay if you are with your family.Long waiting time for check in, bad manners of the staff, poor food and after all bad location for a family trip. If you are travelling alone for fun it is the best location.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with family stay away from walking street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sudhanshu26
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Joy139,

Greetings from Nova Platinum Hotel!

I am sorry to hear that you and your family did not enjoy your stay with us.

We are located very close to the shopping and nightlife areas which is convenient for most of our guests but I am sorry that this did no suit you and your family.

We are sometimes running full occupancy so we are not always able to give rooms before our 2pm check-in time so I am sorry that this caused and inconvenience to your family, there is though no excuse for bad manners from our staff and this I have addressed with the team that was on duty during your check-in.

Again I apoologize for the disappointing experience I do hope you consider giving our property another chance on your next return to Pattaya and in the mean time safe travels.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Room were clean and nite. Cooling in the room was not to the mark we had to compalin and the work was done. Lobby is good. Room rate are reasonable. It is near walking street location is good with mostly indian restauarnt near by. I may go again and stay in this hotel. We all friend enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear SalimVohra,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Thanks for your review and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Our location is very convenient which is one of the highlights of our property.

I am delighted to hear that our staff were quick to respond to the issue with your A/C and glad you enjoed our spacious open lobby as well.

We do hope you choose to return to the Hotel and we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Smells of cigarette .rooms have burn marks on the walls . Furniture etc. Showers are dirty and moldy.the only good thing it has is a nice pool. It is a ghetto for low life's.it needs repairs badly. Or an owner who cares about the quality of people who stay. Needs a serious no smoking room policy-----------------------------------------

• Stayed: July 2013
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Ricdb,

Greetings from Nova Platinum Hotel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectaions, we have made alot of improvements to the property as well as the rooms over the last year and are continuing to do so.

We do have many allocated non-smoking rooms I believe on the dates you stayed we were running full occupancy so we may not have been able to accomodate this request.

I do hope we can have an opportunity to welcome you back again and show you the recent changes we have made.

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Had a comfortable two day stay. Felt very comfortable. Breakfast was good with mostly indian spread. Tastewise also good. Walkable distance to walking street, the happening place in Pattaya. Excellent location. A lot of indian restaurants nearby including indian dance bar opposite to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear piyushnewar,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Thanks for taking the time to review your property and glad to hear that you continue to return and enjoy our Hotel.

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the service from our staff partucularly the Housekeeping, Bar service and our pools which are the highlight of our property.

Chef Babu just joined us so I am glad you have enjoyed the improved Indian breakfast as well.

It is always great to get positive feedback and I will make sure we pass this on to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have had very high expectations about this hotel before I came to Pattaya and been very exciting since I was not deciding whether or not to stay in this hotel for my past trips. At those times room rates were expensive and for this time I made booking from the hotel's website and got reasonably cheaper rates compared to other well known booking sites. However, it was a huge disappointment. When I came to hotel reception, nobody helped my bags to take from the taxi and accompanied me to my room. I booked deluxe room and normally deluxe room must be better than standard one but my friend's room was a lot better than mine and it was at the new building. I tried to tell this to reception but they told me that deluxe rooms are located at the old building and they could not change my room. How come is deluxe room older and worse than standard one? I have paid more for deluxe room !!! Rooms at the old building are old and needed to renovation for sure. There was a bad smell on the toilet, probably come from drains.Some of the staff were helpful but some were not.There are too many tourists using the pool even at 8 pm.

Besides these, I have to say that bed was comfortable. Room had a safe which was very important for me. Bathroom was spacious enough and had necessary utensils. Ladies cleaned room everyday and there was a flat screen 32" Samsung TV with wide variety of channels. Air con was old as well but working properly and slowly, therefore you need to wait 30 min to make room cold.

Some people say that location was close to WS but since there was not entry through from hotels such as Sun and Siam Bayshore, you need to walk at least 15 min to WS which makes the location an disadvantage.

Overall, I am disappointed about my expectations of Nova Platinum. I could have stayed my prior hotel with the same price range or even cheaper and better.

Room Tip: Ask about the rooms at new building. They are a lot better than the old ones (deluxe) and cheaper.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lhaksit S,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us, as the only comment you mentioned was regarding the room, we are at present undergoing soft renovation of all of our rooms which we hope to be completed by the end of the year, so I do apologize if the room you were assigned was not up to your standard.

I hope we can have a chance to welcome you back and you can see the improvements we are making and also experience some of our other room types.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed at Nova from 20th June 13 to 22nd June 13 for the third time since 2012, and i must say that this property has developed itself into any best Hotels of the world in terms of Hospitality, Welfare and Support. Not a moment i can think wherein i had to call for the housekeeping, or for any room amenities as promised. The Pool has been maintained as clean as a crystal. The Bar services have been excellent. Not to forget the Indian Menu for breakfast did not make me feel far from home, thanks to the Indian Chef-Babu. My review may not be same as many of the other guests who complained about the services or staffs. But my review is based on my personal experiences. I check in with a simple requirement of Clean Room, good housekeeping., perfect views from windows and balconies, and top most..Privacy and security.. and i get it all.. Thank you Nova Team for all the efforts.. Will come back again whenever i plan a trip to the beautiful city :) Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Executive Room 3600 :P
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank piyushnewar

Dear Piyushnewar,

Greetings from Nova Platinum hotel!

Thank you for your kind 5 star review and glad that you are continung to choose to stay with us while in Pattaya.

I am happy to hear that our staff have provieded friendly accomodating service and that you enjoyed our pools and improved breakfast service. Chef Babu has been with us over a year now and has made some great improvements to the breakfast.

I have passed your positive comments on to our Housekeeping and Front office teams and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I have been for first time but I'm sure that is a last time too. Nothing to say because all of my memorable is too bad for this place. Try it if you want to know how bad is it and you will belive in my comment. I'm not sure but I had stay in old building( They call that room is Deluxe?????)

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Lhaksit S,

Greetings from Nova Platinum Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our deluxe rooms as there are no specific comments regarding the experience I can not offer much feedback.

However we are continuing to do soft upgrades on all our rooms so I am confident you would see some improvements should you choose to return on your next trip to Pattaya.