“The worst hotel that I have ever stayed.”

Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #248 of 456 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have stayed at over 500 hotels in my life. This is one of the worst serviced hotel.
I stayed at this hotel once about 5 years ago. Even now, their service has been the same, or worse.
I checked in about 11pm. The front desk man called Song was sleeping on the desk. He did not want to work at all. And he left his job to the lady. And the attitude of lady was also so bad. She has no respects to the guest. She seemed to be in anger. And it takes so long time just to check-in. A boy Song was lied face down on the desk, and did nothing. Then I went outside with my friends , and asked to him to issue another key. Becuase the key did not work. He let the bell boy to do this job. But the bell boy did not know so well about this. So it took about 10 minutes. And I come back to hotel at around AM1:00. Song was lieing down on the sofa in the lobby, and playing game with his mobili phone. I just could not believe it. The sofa must be for the guest, not for a staff. He is really a lazy boy.
On the following day, I called the front desk to ask the room number o my friends. The lady told me to call back. I have been waiting for her call back for half an hour. But she never called back to me. Then, I pass the front desk, the lady was chattering with her friend.
It's just unbelievable. I will not stay at this hotel any more. Even at free of charge, I won't.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lexus570
Sujimanus K, Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Lexus570,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

First of all I would like to apologize for your experience during your stay with us, I am disappointed to hear that you did not experience friendly, courteous and attentive service from our staff which is of course not the standard that we have set for our team.

With regards to a service at check-ins and your inquiry made through a phone call, unfortunately that our hotel had encountered the property management system downtime over ten days possibly during your stay. Everything were manually operated and take pretty much time than usual. Anyhow, our staff could have been more accommodating and gave out vivid explanation of the delayed for this inconvenience.

Kindly rest your assured that your comment was seriously taken to hotel management attention. Some of internal disciplinary was conducted while other aspect were noted for improving our service that reach to guest satisfaction level.

Once again I apologize for your experience and hope that you will give us a second chance to show you the standard of service that you should expect from our property.

On behalf of Front office Manager
Jaruree P.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Though hotel per se is good in terms of rooms, location etc. However the major disappointment was staff behaviour, long time to check in, charges of even basic amenties like cutlery etc. I must comment regarding staff behaviour...I felt like being insulted at times to ask for basic information/services from front office staff. We checked in early morning and some how early check in was not comunicated to them by our travek agent. Despite understanding our situation, the staff was so rude to ask us to wait till afternoon or pay heavy amount to get one additional room. There was complete lack of hospitality, sympathy from their side.

Room Tip: Be careful about your check-in time. If cheking in early, please negotiate such early check-in with...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank avinashtrivedi72
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear avinashtrivedi72,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

First of all I would like to apologize for your experience during your stay with us, I am disappointed to hear that you did not experience friendly, courteous service from our staff which is of course not the standard that we have set for our team.

With regards to check-in unfortunately we can not honor early check-ins if our property is full which we were the day you checked-in, we will offer rooms as they become available but we sometimes have to wait until our check-in time of 2pm however our staff could have been more accomodating for this inconvenience.

I am glad you did enjoy the location and the rooms, regarding the charges yes we do, as do most hotels, charge if there is any damage or loss of items in the rooms such as cutlery etc.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Not a good hotel to stay if you are with your family.Long waiting time for check in, bad manners of the staff, poor food and after all bad location for a family trip. If you are travelling alone for fun it is the best location.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with family stay away from walking street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sudhanshu26

Dear Joy139,

Greetings from Nova Platinum Hotel!

I am sorry to hear that you and your family did not enjoy your stay with us.

We are located very close to the shopping and nightlife areas which is convenient for most of our guests but I am sorry that this did no suit you and your family.

We are sometimes running full occupancy so we are not always able to give rooms before our 2pm check-in time so I am sorry that this caused and inconvenience to your family, there is though no excuse for bad manners from our staff and this I have addressed with the team that was on duty during your check-in.

Again I apoologize for the disappointing experience I do hope you consider giving our property another chance on your next return to Pattaya and in the mean time safe travels.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Room were clean and nite. Cooling in the room was not to the mark we had to compalin and the work was done. Lobby is good. Room rate are reasonable. It is near walking street location is good with mostly indian restauarnt near by. I may go again and stay in this hotel. We all friend enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear SalimVohra,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Thanks for your review and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Our location is very convenient which is one of the highlights of our property.

I am delighted to hear that our staff were quick to respond to the issue with your A/C and glad you enjoed our spacious open lobby as well.

We do hope you choose to return to the Hotel and we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Smells of cigarette .rooms have burn marks on the walls . Furniture etc. Showers are dirty and moldy.the only good thing it has is a nice pool. It is a ghetto for low life's.it needs repairs badly. Or an owner who cares about the quality of people who stay. Needs a serious no smoking room policy-----------------------------------------

• Stayed: July 2013
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Ricdb,

Greetings from Nova Platinum Hotel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectaions, we have made alot of improvements to the property as well as the rooms over the last year and are continuing to do so.

We do have many allocated non-smoking rooms I believe on the dates you stayed we were running full occupancy so we may not have been able to accomodate this request.

I do hope we can have an opportunity to welcome you back again and show you the recent changes we have made.

David

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Had a comfortable two day stay. Felt very comfortable. Breakfast was good with mostly indian spread. Tastewise also good. Walkable distance to walking street, the happening place in Pattaya. Excellent location. A lot of indian restaurants nearby including indian dance bar opposite to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear piyushnewar,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Thanks for taking the time to review your property and glad to hear that you continue to return and enjoy our Hotel.

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the service from our staff partucularly the Housekeeping, Bar service and our pools which are the highlight of our property.

Chef Babu just joined us so I am glad you have enjoyed the improved Indian breakfast as well.

It is always great to get positive feedback and I will make sure we pass this on to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have had very high expectations about this hotel before I came to Pattaya and been very exciting since I was not deciding whether or not to stay in this hotel for my past trips. At those times room rates were expensive and for this time I made booking from the hotel's website and got reasonably cheaper rates compared to other well known booking sites. However, it was a huge disappointment. When I came to hotel reception, nobody helped my bags to take from the taxi and accompanied me to my room. I booked deluxe room and normally deluxe room must be better than standard one but my friend's room was a lot better than mine and it was at the new building. I tried to tell this to reception but they told me that deluxe rooms are located at the old building and they could not change my room. How come is deluxe room older and worse than standard one? I have paid more for deluxe room !!! Rooms at the old building are old and needed to renovation for sure. There was a bad smell on the toilet, probably come from drains.Some of the staff were helpful but some were not.There are too many tourists using the pool even at 8 pm.

Besides these, I have to say that bed was comfortable. Room had a safe which was very important for me. Bathroom was spacious enough and had necessary utensils. Ladies cleaned room everyday and there was a flat screen 32" Samsung TV with wide variety of channels. Air con was old as well but working properly and slowly, therefore you need to wait 30 min to make room cold.

Some people say that location was close to WS but since there was not entry through from hotels such as Sun and Siam Bayshore, you need to walk at least 15 min to WS which makes the location an disadvantage.

Overall, I am disappointed about my expectations of Nova Platinum. I could have stayed my prior hotel with the same price range or even cheaper and better.

Room Tip: Ask about the rooms at new building. They are a lot better than the old ones (deluxe) and cheaper.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lhaksit S,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us, as the only comment you mentioned was regarding the room, we are at present undergoing soft renovation of all of our rooms which we hope to be completed by the end of the year, so I do apologize if the room you were assigned was not up to your standard.

I hope we can have a chance to welcome you back and you can see the improvements we are making and also experience some of our other room types.

Thanks again for your feedback.