“Don't stay here! Better hotels around for cheaper!!!”

Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #227 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This hotel caters mainly for indian and arab clientel! We booked a standard room which was disgusting and run down! There were cigarette burn marks on the cabinetry and lino floor, mucus on the wall like someone had spat on it and the shower was filthy! The room furniture is battered and old. Even more skanky was the fact that the hotel puts a box of condoms in each of the hotel rooms to purchase for ladies of the night visiting or he/shes or she/hes! There is also a partition door separating room a to room b, so if the person in the room beside you locks it, you can't get into your room! Real strange that the hotel doesn't just do away with the locks and door for that matter. The breakfast room is really small considering the amount of rooms. The gym is even smaller if there are more than two people in the gym its too crowded to work out, and you can forget about doing a gym work out if your a girl, as the indian clientel will come in and sit down on the machines and watch you! The hotel in general is just a shambles, there's room wings all over the show and the staff are seriously useless! I would never reccommend this place to anyone, its a hovel. If your looking for a hotel to be central to everything ie: walking street, central festival plaza, beach etc then look at Hilton, Marriott or Bayview Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MPY007
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear MPY007,

I am dissappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay or several things about the property.

Firstly we do welcome guests from all nationalities so I am sorry if there were particular issue with any of our other guests during your stay.

We are in the process of doing soft renovations to all of our rooms so I am sorry the particular room you were assigned has not been completed as of yet but is scheduled for this month.

We are constantly improving all areas of the property and we do have some great features such as our pools and outdoor areas, our Fitness is I believe appropriately equipped for the size of property that we have but I appreciate the comments and we will look into making improvements in this area as well.

I noticed your tip to book at other properties please note that these are of course 5 star properties which we do not compare our property with however we should always be providing the level of service that guests would expect from any property so I apologize you did not have that experience with us.

I hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to provide a more welcoming experience and we thank you again for the feedback.

There are newer reviews for Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya

Reviewed 16 August 2013

i visited first time to pattaya and i book this hotel from my travel agent. and i found i have made no wrong choice this hotel has each and everything which a traveler wants. i stayed there for 4 night in month of DEC in 2012. the location of hotel is excellent.and this is guest friendly as well.the executive building was awesome.will planning again to come in again in Dec.

Room Tip: executive building is good choice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Bhiwadi,

Greetings from Pattaya!

Thanks for taking the time to give us a great review!

It's always nice to hear from our guests when they have enjoyed their stay with use, glad you were happy with the location and our Executive Rooms which are quite popular.

We hope to welcome you back again in December when you return.

Thanks and regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Excellent hotel stayed for 2 nights from August 8,2013 to August 10,2013 location wise perfect....earlier i had noticed the comments saying very bad hotel not good staff...but i feel my stay was perfect it took me only 10 mins for check in...rooms were cleaned, AC was working and best thing was location walk able distance to local market , Indian restaurant...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sagarinku

Dear Sagarinku,

Greetings from Pattaya!

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a fantastic review!

I am glad you enjoyed the location and the cleanliness of the rooms as well as the quick check-in process.

I will be sure to pass these comments along to our team and we do hope you return again to Pattaya and enjoy another visit to Nova Platinum.

Thanks and regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights from 1st june. Check in was ok. Rooms were big enough with very small bathrooms. Breakfast was a big letdown as we were shown a restaurant which served indian breakfast. Dosa , poori bhaji , idli etc. The other restsurant had a surcharge of 100 bhat per head which had a good breakfast. We had to pay extra to have that breakfast as we get sambar vada in India also and didnt want Indian food. The hotel had 3 pools and pools were good. Overall experience was average. Wouldnt prefer staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Sunrads,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am glad to Chec-in and the rooms met your satisfaction but I am sorry that our breakfast did not meet your expectations.

The surcharge for Breakfast will only apply if you are staying with us as part of a Group which after checking was the case, as we offer dedicated breakfast for our Groups.

We do have an Indian Chef on board and have received good feedback on the quality of the food so I am sorry this was not the case during your stay.

I have addressed all points with our team to continue to improve our standards and hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Nova Platinium is not as close to the main activity street as claimed. It is about 10 mins walk away. It is very run down and the surrounding area had not been properly maintained.

There are lots of Indians staying in this hotel and in each room, there are about 3-4 (or more) of them sharing the room. It becomes very disturbing when it is at night and they decided to open all the doors of their rooms and "talk" (more like shout to me) to each other across the corridor. Can't sleep at all !!

It is very scary when you walk the corridor to your room and the group of them with their room door open, stares at you from top to bottom. Not recommended for family, solo female and girl-friends.

Workers of the night pry the small distance joining the annex buildings of the hotel for business and there seems no control by the management.

The lobby staff were more concern with chit-chatting on the phone than to tend to you despite you standing there for full 2 minutes. When I asked for wake up call for my group, they wrote down, but did not call at all. So much for service.

The only saving point was the breakfast area, the staff were friendly and the spread was reasonable.

The above are my personal experience and it is not meant to be discriminating against other race.
My personal opinion is "DO NOT STAY in this hotel". I know for me, I never will I stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PatsynFamily

Dear Patsynfamily,

Greetings from Nova Platinum,

First of all thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I am sorry to hear it was not up to your satisfaction.

We are located very close to the Nightlife which is a highlight for many of our Guests but of course the area may not be as welcome for some and sorry to hear that the noise interupted your stay.

I am glad however to hear that you enjoyed the variety of Breakfast and helpfullness of our Staff, for your experience with the Front Office team this of course is not an acceptable standard and we have addressed this with our staff.

Once again we are sorry to have not lived up to your expectations and hope you can give us another opportunity on your next trip to Pattaya.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

hotel is nice pool good i had a grand delux room that was nice ,price is well over priced 2 weeks 28,000 baht and its full of indians ,if you stay pattaya thers hotels with pools for 28,000 for the hole month

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Dannyleanne,

Greetings from Pataya,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to hear that youy enjoyed the stay with us in our Grand Deluxe Room.

We do keep our pricing very competitive with nearby resorts of our calibre but of course will depend on the period of stay.

Once again we appreciate the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Nova platinum consists off 3 buildings 1 terrible where all the indians live 3-5 in room 1very run down moved out after 2 days the only accepteble rooms are the one on the groundfloor across the pool Staff at checkin impolite and seems to be bothered when you want something, returned this year but never again!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Minoz76,

Greetings from Nova Platinum,

I was sorry to read that your return stay with us did not live up to the expectations of your previous stay.

We are at present doing soft renovations to all of our Rooms so we can keep them up to date and in good condition.

With regards to the service from our staff however this is not the standard we have set with the team and this has been addressed.

I do hope you would give the property another chance and we can provide the experience you were expecting.

Thanks again for your feedback,