“Horrible Staff”

Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #226 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 26 December 2013

So my Airconditioner started making some noise. I called up the opeorator 5 times. She kept on saying the engineer is coming. Then I had to go down myself. (The lift was not working so I had to take the stairs from 7th floor). I went to the reception and met a cold response from the guy at reception. I asked for a manager. but he said there is no one. I asked for any senior staff, he said there is no one.

I am yet to come across a more "I dont give a dammn" kind of hotel staff like this one.

Not recommended for people who like to live in peace and enjoy holidays.

Room Tip: Avoid this Hotel. These people are rude and dont give a dammn.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brokbod
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear brokbod,

Greetings from Pattaya,

Thank you for review I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience during your stay with us.

Regarding your issues with the Air Conditioner I believe we were able to solve the issue while you were staying with us however you should have received a more warm response from our team and this has been addressed with our staff.

We do always have a manager on duty to assist guests should they need to speak with someone and I hope you will give the property another chance and we can show you a better level of service in the future.

Thank you again or the valuable feedback.

There are newer reviews for Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya

Reviewed 23 December 2013

The rooms were decent.. bathroom nice and tidy.. swimming pool was nice but we had to walk across the road to access it.. its in their other wing.. one of the things which i found very funny was.. when we called up the hotel services for extra glasses in the room we were told that we wud be charged 200 baht extra for each glass(their cleaning and usage charges). and when one of our frnds threw up in the room.. she was chrged 500 baht for the cleaning up... funny.. never seen such charging system.. and yes.. they boast of being 5 mins from the beach.. but thats 5 mins by taxi or tuk-tuk... walking takes 20 mins... lot of indian restaurants near by.. breakfast in the hotel ok.. not much of a variety..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Nehanagpal,

Greetings from Nova Platinum Hotel!

Thank you for your review and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our comfortable rooms and swimming pools.

Regarding the charging I believe there was a mix-up as we do not have any additional charges for cleaning of the room and for extra glasses, we have investigated this with the team and believe ther was a miscommunication so we apologize for that.

We hope you did enjoy the location fo the Hotel and overall that you had a great experience in Pattaya!

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

The only two things I found to be worth the stay was the pool and the tour desk employees.

The room we had was horrid. The bathroom door wasn't even on a hinge, the bathrooms smelt, the bed was two singles put together, there was lots of ants in the room, the power points weren't working, the tv has bad reception, the free wifi is slow, the staff aren't very friendly, room service is not tasty, the free breakfast is so bad!

If you're looking for a holiday getaway, don't book here. Go somewhere in Jomtien instead.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear sonjarr,

Greetings from Nova Platinum,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review,

I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations during your stay with us, we have noted the issues you had in the rooms regarding the bathroom door and TV reception and these have been addressed.

As you know during busy periods we can not always offer the requested room types and so we do have to convert some of our roms to king size beds to accomodate our guests so we apologize if this was not to your satisfaction.

We have made improvements to our wifi and breakfast so I am sorry that this did not live up to your expectations we do appreciate you providing your feedback on all of the services and we continue to review and improve based on our guests feedback.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to improve on your experience the next time you travel to Pattaya.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Their blurbs boast five minutes to Walking Street, but it is more like 20 minutes if you know the way. There are better hotels for half the price, much nearer to the pedestrian area. For hotels in this area,I would go back to othe Siam Bayshore which is spot on and close to the beach, has bigger grounds, nicer rooms, and of course twice the service for half the price. The receptionists do not smile on check on, and nothing in the room works from reading lights to air conditioning. Breakfast is expensive and little variety: eat in restaurant outside the hotel. I really have no good word for this hotel other than advise fellow travellers there is no reason whatsoever to stay here! A very badly managed property posing as a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LouisLHongKong

Dear LouisLhongkong,

Greetings from Pattaya,

Thank you for the review of our property.

I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations, as you can see from other comments most guests feel our location is one of the selling points of our property we are actually only 5-10mins walk from the walking street area.

I am sorry as well to hear you did not receive a warm reception from our staff which is of course not the standard we have for our Hotel we have addressed this with the team and will continue to improve our level of service.

We have made improvements over the last year with our breakfat but we have noted your comments as well, we will continue to review our offerings at breakfast on a regular basis.

I thank you again for taking the time to review our property, we do hope you will give us another chance to improve on your experience the next time around.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Checked in first night into standard room based on Internet photos. Room had ants and fixtures were broken. After informing desk staff was moved to alternative room which was slightly better. Next day upgraded at a cost of $300+ Baht per night extra. Money well spent! If you can't get this room then don't bother. Room service food was ok and friendly service. General Customer Service was very poor. Reception staff do not greet you and stare down at desk or at computer screen and if you do interrupt them it's like it's an inconvenience and they are doing you a favour. Generally speaking you get what you pay for but you could probably do better than this hotel for the same money if you shopped around.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew P

Dear Andrew P,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

I am glad you enjoyed our Grand Deluxe Rooms which I believe you upgraded to.

I am sory to hear that we fell short of your expectations with the service from our Reception team, we are constantly doing training for all areas of our service and use our guests feedback as opportunities to continue to improve.

Regarding the insects you expereince in the room and some of the broken fixtures this has already been fixed and addressed we are continuing to soft renovate all of our rooms and upgrade the amenities so we hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the future and improve on your expereince with us.

Thanks again for your review and regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed 4 days in the Hotel and had a good time. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The pool area is great. You have everything you need in walking distance. If I come back to Pattaya I will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear osti73,

Greetings from Nova Platinum Hotel!

Thank you for your kind review...I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay at our property and enjoyed the courteous service from our staff and our great pools.

I am glad we made your experience in Pattaya a memorable one and hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Dave

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We booked Nova Platinum based off the photos of the place and rooms and the reviews. The poolside bar was an attraction as was the decor of the executive room.

Upon arrival I was please with the free water in the room. The room was not very impressive however for the price, compared to other options. I agree with the other reviews regarding dirty bathrooms etc. The cleaners are not thorough; dirty sinks, taps, shower glass.

After going to sleep around 11pm, we were awoken at 330AM to find 2 people in our room. I screamed and made them get out but could not see anything in the dark apart from the silhouette of a man and woman in the doorway. I called security and they did not speak English. I slammed the phone down and eventually a security man came up did not speak English either. I lay awake till dawn as my partner was out cold asleep. When morning came we discovered they had taken some of our things.

In the morning it was discussed with hotel staff and they refunded the night of the hotel and we went elsewhere. It took hours for them to agree to this and we sat waiting in the main foyer.
I asked the hotel to show me the key card door records - and it shows an anonymous card entering around 330AM. They refused to give me a copy of the printout to take to the police.

The hotel told us to get a baht bus to the police station and we reported our experience. The police refused to go to the hotel or call them to discuss it and investigate.

This is a horrific experience and I will not be going back to Thailand due to this.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdmj3

Dear Jdmj3,

Greetings from Nova Platnium,

Thank you for your review, looking at the date you stayed with us last year and I believe we already received and responded to a review that you posted last year for this case.

Again we are sorry for your experience first wth the cleanliness and set-up in the rooms we have made several improvements in this area.

Regarding the room security we have a strong security system in place with our property and we of course do not allow guests to enter unless they are registered guests of our Hotel and our staff will always be willing to support our guests should a serious case arise.

I do hope this does not deter you from returning again to Thailand which is a wonderful vacation spot!

Thanks again and regards,