“Not too good service and customer satisfaction wise..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya

Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #178 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
New Delhi, India
“Not too good service and customer satisfaction wise..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed for 4 nights in Nov-2013. I booked it initially for 3 nights through some online travel site with option to pay at hotel. When I reached hotel with voucher.. the person at reception asked me how I will be making my payment, I told with credit card..he asked for it. As soon as I gave him my card he charged it for 3 nights straight..to me I seemed very awkward usually at the time of checkout hotels charge for the complete amount. Then he carried out other activities of check-in. I was given room in some back side building on other side of back lane. outside view from room was nasty..nothing to see. Room was ok but AC was not working fine..due to which I was shifted to other room but then TV there was not at all clear.. engineers worked really hard for couple of hours to fix it. I broke a glass in room by mistake and was immediately charged with 100baht. Next day I lost the key card which I found out later but by then I was again charged with 200baht. This shows there inhospitable and customer friendly approach only running. On fourth day I have night flight so I asked if I can late check with some nominal fee but I was told if you stay beyond 6pm you will be charged full, which at the end I had to pay and left hotel around 10pm. Free wi fi was also not working fine in rooms had to come to lobby or reception to get good connection. overall so so.. not high on my list at all.

Room Tip: Take room in front building as it will give you a good pool view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Chandra_IND,

Greetings from Pattaya!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad you enjoyed the room and the pool and that we were able to resolve the issues you had with A/C we have also done further maintenance to this particular room.

With regards to the charges it is different depending on the channel from which you book however yes we do require payment upon check-in as I believe is standard for most other Hotels.

With regards to the other charges you mentioned we due of course have charges for items in the room that are consumed or broken and also additional charges for late check-out which is standard for most hotels. We do try to be flexible if we have the availability however we were full during the period you stayed with us.

We will definitely take your comments on board and I hope you have the opportunity to come back to our property and to Pattaya in the near future.

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mohali, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here with my friends in Nov 2011,APR 2012 & FEB 2013. It was great staying here with all the facilities we thought of. rooms were awesome, bathrooms neat and tidy, food was also delicious, we loved the pools and above all front desk & housekeeping staff was very supportive. last and the least walking street was at our foots. A remarkable stay one should love to have.

Room Tip: rooms facing the swimming pools
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear 22Lucky,

Greetings from Nova Platinum,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, I am glad to hear you keep returning to our property and you have enjoyed your stays with us.

Our pools are one of our main selling points but glad to hear you enjoyed the food, cleanliness of the rooms and the service from our Front Office and Housekeeping staff I have passed these comments on to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next stay in Pattaya!

Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here for the week leading up to new years eve 2013. Our room initially was ok, nothing special but after spending the evening out we came back to a room infested with flies/fleas/mozzies etc. FairPlay to the hotel we were moved within minutes after complaining. We were then placed in the partly 'upmarket' part of the hotel, and to be honest the room was nice and no noiseand no creepy crawlies (more in line with a 4 star hotel). It was new year and the hotel was offering a meal come party for 4000 baht per person however for the two days it took to organise there was no pool and no sunbathing, the whole reason for being there. We were glad that we never participated in the expensive hotel celebrations as there was no fireworks (customery in Thailand) and the menu did not include any alcohol or soft drinks. Pattaya is a sleazy cheap and nasty place unless your an old man looking for a young Thai woman. I will say that for the sake of saying I have been there then ok - been there, done it and never again. The kebabs sold on the street are a must and no side effects which is a bonus.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Georgina S,

Greetings from Pattaya!

Thank you for your feedback however I am of course disappointed that we did not met your expectations during your stay with us in December.

I apoloigize for the issues you had with your first room which has been addressed we do regular pest control in our Hotel on a monthly basis and take our hygiene very seriously I am glad however our staff took the appropriate actions to make up for this.

We do put on a Gala Dinner on New Years Eve and the pricing is in line with all other Hotels in the area, as we offer a number of shows, live bands and a great buffet. We are unfortunately not allowed to set off fireworks at our property however all of our guests at the event had a great view of the fireworks from the Bali Hai Pier which we fantastic.

Overall I am sorry you did not enjoy Pattaya specifically and hope that wont deter you from exploring some of the other great locations in Thailand.

Thanks again for your feedback.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

To start with the positives - Hotel is very close to the Walking street that it makes your stay enjoyable at Pattaya. There is no visitor charge policy so you can bring guests to the hotel plus hotel provides security as well.
Hotel has got two wings - We had booked 2 rooms. Firstly we stayed in the hotel wing, but because A/C in one of the rooms was not working we had to shift both the rooms to the new wing on the next day. To have the room shifted an if wanted two adjoining rooms, staff at Front desk straight away asks for Tips. Well 100 Bhatt is not too much but Tip is not asked its given willingly.

Service is OK, it sounds rude at times but that how Thai people talk, they sound arrogant but are nice if you show some care.
Pool Bar attendant was very professional and courteous. He told us Do's and Don'ts which we respected and honored as well.

Overall, value for price paid, but to create that WOW experience staff needs to pull up their socks and give hospitality from the heart.

Room Tip: Ask for new wing rooms. Check if Mini bar is stacked or empty upon arrival, as Front desk might char...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank neozombie
Dear Neozombie,

Greetings from Pattaya!

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us back in June.

I am glad to hear there were many positives you enjoyed about the Hotel including the location and our policy not to charge for Guests.

With regards to the room shift as you mentioned you wanted to change to the new wing there is actually a charge for upselling to a higher room category which is a standard charge in most Hotels so i apologize if you had the impression that the staff were asking for a tip for this service.

I am glad you enjoyed the pool bar and I have passed your compliments on to our staff, we are of course always reviewing and updating our service standards so can be be more hospitable to our guests and hope we get a chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

Patna, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hi, We were 9 Friends on a Trip to Thailand and had traveled to various Cities and in that we happened to Reach Pattaya and Stay the Nova Platinum.. A very Good Hotel , great facilities for the in house guests.....They Have Amazing Pool Bar & also Serve Great Sheesha!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear shobhitillusions,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us and glad to hear you and your group enjoyed your stay with us.

We do have a fantastic environment around our pool area with slides and a great pool bar so I am happy to hear you took full advantage of that and our staff were accomodating.

I hope we get a chance to welcome you back again in the near future as well.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

The 2 best things about this Hotel is its Location and a Big Swimming Pool. This Hotel is located just behind the world famous Walking Street and is equipped with almost all modern amenities. The rooms are clean and the service is satisfactory. The South pataya location also makes it easier to spend luxury time at Jomatien Beach as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank I_am_Max
Dear I_Am_Max

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in December.

Our location and large free form pool our 2 of our main selling points so I am glad you enjoyed this part of our Hotel.

We are not far from Jomtien which does offer some of the best beach spots in Pattaya!

Once again thanks for the positive feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the future.

England south
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here for 2014 new year which the hotel totally milked. 4000 bht per person and no fireworks! 2000 for a bottle of wine on top! Trouble is when you stay in a run down hotel which really should be 2* these prices don't add up. We splashed out over the new year and went for a 4* so we could relax and enjoy. Everyone we spoke with had the same thoughts about the Nova. Overpriced and run down hotel. We were moved 2 times. The first room was full of fleas and insects on the bed and on the dresser. We couldn't escape them. Apparently, what did we expect for £65 a night? Ummm come on Nova. We were eventually moved to the new block which is all premium money on top! Before we even got to the hotel which I had booked that morning, they had taken £500 from my credit card. When we arrived they had no record of a booking and could not explain how they had my money. When we book we always find a gym. In all the places we've been to this by far takes the mick. Well over 30 in the gym and no air con, now that's dangerous. The treadmills kept cutting out or slipping as old and worn out. You got the drift? This place really is a waste. They try and find every angle to fleece you of cash and charge for everything they possibly can. No wonder most customers bought their drinks etc from the 7-11 next door.

Room Tip: Only accept a room in the new block.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Been_around_world
Dear Been_around_world,

Greetings from Pattaya!

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations during your stay with us in January.

With regards to the room changes we do apologize for this we are still undergoing regular soft renovations on all our rooms but I do believe we upgraded you in the end to one of our Executive Rooms.

As most Hotels we do take a deposit at the time of check-in which is a standard practice so apologies if this was not properly communicated by our team.

We did have a great New Years Eve I am sorry that this did not seem value for money, given our Hotel layout we are not allowed to set off fireworks from our Hotel however all guests had a great view of the Fireworks set off from the Bali Hai pier at the end of the evening which were spectacular!

I have addressed the other issue with our team our Fitness Centre does of course have Air Con and we are in the process now of upgrading the remainder of our Cardio Machines which will improve the experience for our guests.

Once again I am sorry for the dissapointments you experienced we have addressed this with our staff and hope we get an opportunity in the future to welcome you back and change your impression of our property.

David

Travellers are raving about these Pattaya hotels