“I am sad for these animals.”
Review of Phuket Zoo

Phuket Zoo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I am sad for these animals.”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit... After our second we vowed not to come back but, we were with another group of ppl who wanted to see the shows and I hoped our entry fee was helping feed the animals! The zoo looks like its had nothing done to it for 4 years, the poor animals look hungry and tired and not to mention bored. My kids who are older now were disturbed by the heavy chains most of the animals had on them. We will NEVER be going back.

Visited May 2014

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Terrible”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I am not quite sure why would someone give this a 5 star rating! Or even a 4 or 3 star rating. Its a terrible experience..empty cages and dont get me started on the cleanliness!

1 Thank Marwa Y
Melbourne, Australia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Up close and personal”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was nothing like any other zoo that we'd been to. The main attractions, apart from the crocodiles, were there for you to touch, interact and take photos with. There's something special about sitting right next to a 10 ft long adult tiger or on top of an elephant when it stands on its back legs. There is a small fee to have your photo taken while holding the animals but it's hard to resist.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank banga1
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Listen To The Others”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I travelled to Thailand, late last year, and was appalled by the photo's and reviews uploaded. I was very worried about what would be there, and then I went. It was absolutely great!
No, it's not the biggest cages, or the fanciest decorated, but these animals have love, and sufficient homes. The photo's that you see, must have been years ago. They have everything they need. Maybe they don't get tones of things, but that's because the zoo isn't made of money. Going there would give them money, and you'd see all of the adorable animals. It's very hands on, and you get to cuddle monkeys and more! Yes, there is discipline towards the animals, but that's just as normal as the next person training their dog. The people are lovely, the animals seem happy, and I for one, am telling the truth. Please go! Have fun! It's an amazing zoo!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jillian S
Canada de Gomez, Argentina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dont support animal cruelty!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was disgusting! Most of the cages were empty. Those that did have animals were kept in the most disgusting conditions which you could smell from a few metres away. These animals were lifeless and just looked like they wanted to die. Elephants chained and beaten with metal hooks. Malnurished and only had a 1m chain on their leg. So movement was VERY limited. Only fed bananas. Elephants need a better diet of plants and grass than just bananas. I saw the elephant show for a sec as i was walking past. The elephants look forward to being off chain and eat every single plant they can while going into the arena. One elephant was hungry and wanted to eat instead of performing and WAS BEATEN UNTIL IT WAS BLEEDING. This was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen!! I was leaving and you can hear the elephants SCREAMING as they were being chained up again. Tigers sedated so you can take photos. Bears with scabs and growth. Birds under stress and ripping all their feathers out. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS. I was so sad i didnt read reviews and paid 1000baht for myself and my partner to go and support such disgusting acts of animal cruelty!!

Visited April 2014