“Like one of a regular Zoo in Thailand”
Review of Phuket Zoo

Phuket Zoo
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The zoo is like any other in Thailand. The standard monkey show, crocodile show & elephant show. You can also get photographs clicked with Orangutan, Elephant & a Tiger (yeas real without cage). This was our first visit to a zoo in Thailand. My kids loved the monkey show but were not too fascinated by the crocodile show as it is an animal they like. For the Elephant show they called for volunteers & I opted for it without knowing what the show is. There were total 4 people, 3 lying head down & they made me lie head up. It was real scary seeing an elephant crossing above you (4 times). But then I survived like everyone :).
To summarize- If you have already been to a zoo in Thailand before, dont waste your money.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Please do not support this attraction. The animals are kept in small filthy enclosures with many in poor body condition and ravenous for food. There are 2 tigers who are kept chained by the neck all day for photos. One newborn baby deer was huddled in a muddy enclosure with little shelter. The aquarium had several dead fish in it too. The otters were wallowing in their own filthy with rancid fish to eat. The elephants are also kept chained in a small enclosure. Please please boycott this "attraction" as there is nothing attractive about it.

2  Thank Opinionated87
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit... After our second we vowed not to come back but, we were with another group of ppl who wanted to see the shows and I hoped our entry fee was helping feed the animals! The zoo looks like its had nothing done to it for 4 years, the poor animals look hungry and tired and not to mention bored. My kids who are older now were disturbed by the heavy chains most of the animals had on them. We will NEVER be going back.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I am not quite sure why would someone give this a 5 star rating! Or even a 4 or 3 star rating. Its a terrible experience..empty cages and dont get me started on the cleanliness!

1  Thank Marwa Y
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was nothing like any other zoo that we'd been to. The main attractions, apart from the crocodiles, were there for you to touch, interact and take photos with. There's something special about sitting right next to a 10 ft long adult tiger or on top of an elephant when it stands on its back legs. There is a small fee to have your photo taken while holding the animals but it's hard to resist.

2  Thank banga1