This was our second visit to The Village and the progress in all areas is impressive to say the least.
We agree with nearly all of the comments of previous tripadvisor guests and would like to add:
1) Taking a toddler along on a "second honeymoon" - no problems at The Village - the kids club is fantastic and all the service staff gladly offer to give you a moment of peace (if their time permits) when you are dining etc.
2) The villas remain the best we've stayed at for design, space, cleanliness and have been meticulously maintained since we last visited.
3) We would not get too stressed out about the low tides comments, the time we were there was during the recent large full moon and it went way, w-a-y out!!
Brownish sand but no smell or other nasties
As you will encounter at least two salt water swimming pools and a water slide before getting to the beach at low tide the options seem obvious!!!
4) The 2 restaurants offer excellent cuisine ranging from gourmet pizzas to western and Thai food.
Breakfast is innovative and the menu changes daily albeit only an Aussie might get excited about a slice of meat pie for breakfast - BUT it was delicious ;-)
The Thai menu is a bit light on but there is an excellent restaurant at the jetty on the mainland that is quite famous for it's Thai seafood offerings.
5) Construction at The Village is continuing but in no way interfered with our holiday - you don't have to walk through a constriction site to access any of the resorts facilities
The new low tide jetty (on the other side of the island) is being constructed - that is currently the only messy area.
Our only disappointment was the wife wanted to have a spa treatment late in the afternoon but it was fully booked for that day - the huge hydrotherapy pool in the centre of the "Spa Village" looks interesting
Book in advance would be wise.
If you are driving to Phuket, The Village offers free parking with 24 hour security ajacent to the mainland jetty - we left our car key with the guards - no problems
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most exciting and unique Phuket resort, The Village at Coconut Island is the best place to enjoy your next holiday.With an excellent range of rental villas and hotel suites, matchless leisure facilities and a beachfront island location off Phuket’s east coast, The Village really is the most exceptional Phuket resort.44 beautiful pool villas with sea views116 luxury Jacuzzi suites500 metres of untouched island beachfronta complete collection of watercraftfun and exciting adventure activitiesrelaxed waterfront settingrestaurants, bars and shops onsite.On an island off Phuket, The Village enjoys undisturbed privacy and absolutely amazing views of Phang-Nga Bay.All this is closer than you think! Just 5 minutes on-board our private water taxi to the Phuket mainland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Village Coconut Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Coconut Island Hotel Phuket