“Great way for isolation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Village Coconut Island

The Village Coconut Island
Ranked #7 of 839 Speciality Lodging in Phuket
Taipei, Taiwan
“Great way for isolation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I lived in a three bedroom villa by the beach, we could've stayed in the villa the whole day and be perfectly fine, the view is fabulous and the beach was accessible. The water activities were cheap and the pool slides were very entertaining.
Their service attitude is not the best, some employees gave us attitudes. Also, we had many power outs within our 2 day stay, if you are a light sleeper, the villa by the beach is probably not the best choice, because at night you can hear the dock banging against the metal poles.

In conclusion, if service isn't your main concern and the environment (beach, pool, water activities) are, then this is the perfect hotel for you.
Also, for the restaurants off the island go to the floating restaurant instead of the restaurant by the ocean, even though the floating restaurant is more expensive , the food tastes a lot better, the restaurant by the ocean was ridiculous, they just bombed every dish with chili pepper.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank morganyyang
Ashmanator, General Manager at The Village Coconut Island, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear Hagenqueen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. My team and I were very pleased to read that you liked your villa so much, and that you enjoyed the activities and the slides.

I am sorry if you found the food at the Tamarind to be a little on the spicy side; if you visit us again, please do not hesitate to ask for your food to be cooked with a little less chilli, as our kitchen staff will be only too happy to oblige.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you back at The Village soon!

The Management, The Village Coconut Island

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
bristol, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

At first we approached Laem Hin pier nervously not knowing what to expect as the taxi driver didnt really know where he was going so you need to make this clear if you are coming from elsewhere, however, from the moment we turned up to the pier, we were greeted with staff wearing the coconut island uniform who informed us a boat would be minutes away. It was literally only mins of waiting around to then get on a boat for 5 mins to the other side where a tuk tuk or more like a luxury golf buggy was waiting for us. The travel from there was again only minutes to the resort itself - on the whole we were impressed with the professionalism and seamlessness of the journey so far.

We then arrived into reception to be greeted with a welcome refreshment drink. Again, check in did not take long at all but if you have not been to Thailand previously you must be warned that they do not rush and know the meaning of time efficiency! They take their time doing everything which can and did cause some frustration. It was clear that the resort is developing and expanding and the staff are still learning but to wait for a drink for 15 mins and attend to yourself when dining for your evening meal or to continually ask and remind them, at those prices you expect a little more in terms of customer service which they need to work on.

Apart from the lack of service, annoying daily and nightly power cuts and lack of sunbeds which I am assured is all being dealt with, the resort is fantastic!
We went for a basic deluxe suite and even this was superb in terms of decor and cleanliness. We were very impressed with the quality. We asked to see a larger property which were just outstanding so if you can afford to stay in these then do so.

The pool area was great with two main pools and two water slides, the breakfast was the best we have ever had in a hotel - you can have anything you like and the selection is very impressive. The happy hour on cocktails and selected drinks from 6-7pm definatley helped as the prices were about 275 bath for a wine or cocktail which we thought was quite pricey.

The beach is small but lovely however this is no fault of the hotel but the sea is not what you see elsewhere in Thailand. Its quite murky and a little dirty so you dont see many people swimming in it but the rest of the resort helps to make up for this!

I would definately recommend going to Coconut village if you want a luxury get away but to stay hear for two weeks could prove a little boring and isolated as things quiten down about 8pm and the journey to Phuket is quite long so you tend not to do that often.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michelle T
Dear Mataylor2,

My team and I were really pleased to read your review, and we are so happy that your overall stay was enjoyable. I also was happy to read that your check-in and arrival process was smooth and efficient, and your positive comments regarding the resort as a whole were great to hear.

Thank you, as well, for your comment regarding the breakfast being ‘the best you have ever had in a hotel’ – I shall pass this on to Chef Lee and his team!

In terms of your remarks regarding the service, we are constantly striving to provide our guests with the highest possible levels of service from our staff. I have noted your comments and will continue to work with our team to ensure that this continues to improve.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Positive
-Our jacuzzi suite is just awesome especially the private outdoor jacuzzi. Suite is comfortable too with a nice little kitchenette
- restaurant food is delicious and sunset happy hour drinks are great value for money
- 2 good pools. pool slides are a bonus! So much fun

Negative
- transfers from island to pier need to improve. They are never on time, my boyfriend had to help carry luggage for a lady as there were no staff to assist, resort side pier is poorly lit where most hazardous (jetty area), and buggies were frequently overloaded and guests have to wait for a second return round. While waiting guests were on their own with local villagers but no staff, a potential safety issue.
- power supply gets cut off too often (a few times a day) we had a 15 minute black out one night.
- phone inside our suite does not work. Made two complains and had one visit from IT guy, still doesn't work. It did not work for the whole 8 days we were here.
- room service (which we had to order in person from the restaurant) took 1 hour to arrive.

Fortunately I got a good deal from livingsocials.com so it was still a great stay and value for me. However until they fix the (very important to customer) problems above, I wouldn't pay five star prices for this.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank TheFooyager
Dear The Fooyager,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Village. I was very pleased to read your positive comments regarding your accommodation, the food and the slides; we are very glad that you enjoyed them!

Thank you, also, for your constructive comments regarding the transfer process, the power supply, phone and room service. I have noted your comments and these are all things which we are currently working on; the power issue has been ongoing due to circumstances beyond our control for a few weeks now, but we are confident that we have found a solution to ensure that this is fixed as soon as possible. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the issues that you mention.

I am very glad that you found your overall stay enjoyable and good value, and we very much hope that we might see you back at The Village for your next holiday.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

We visited Coconut Island during our recent trip to Thailand in October 2011. We have now booked accommodation there for April 2012 and are very excited. The resort looks beautiful and the villa's we were shown through were amazing. I'll post more once we've had our holiday but I expect to have a magical time.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bev M
Dear Bev M,

Thank you very much! We are very happy that you will be coming to stay with us, and we do hope that you enjoy your time at The Village. We look forward to your stay in April!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

The Village Coconut Island is a slice of heaven! Its peaceful, secluded yet only 10 minutes from Phuket Town.The staff are all welcoming and friendly. The meals were really well priced, varied and delicious! There were two restaurants at the resort and a third almost completed. Brand new tennis court, 3 pools and a mini golf course being built.
We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa with our own private infinity pool. They upgraded us for free, which was a lovely surprise.
Overall a brilliant holiday!

Room Tip: Villas are amazing but whatever suits your price range.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Samantha R
Dear Samantha R,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! My team and I were so pleased to read your comments, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

I will pass your kind remarks regarding the food onto Chef Lee and his team, and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you at The Village again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

The worst service I had ever experienced. We were there to celebrate my partners 30th birthday and the entire time the hot water would run when it felt like otherwise cold showers, the restaurant didn't know what it was doing often forgetting one persons meal or bringing out the complete wrong one over an hour of waiting. The staff were rude and unhelpful and their english was terrible. No room service. One the first day They also try and rope you in to a time share presentation by saying that you need to come to reception to confirm your transfers back and flights but I booked my transfers separate so I know this was a scam.there are more absolute time share representatives than guests at the resort the place is crawling with them. if you don't go to this presentation because you want to enjoy your day and not walk around like the rest of the people at the resort that look completely ready to leave after being harassed for hours you get completely ignored by all staff. In saying that the resort was beautiful the facilities were lovely our room was fantasic it's just such a Shame that the resort is run by such an incompetent bunch of people that only care about how much money they are squeezing out of you. Frankly they ruined our holiday

• Stayed November 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Ash8213
Dear Ash8213,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that you encountered during your time with us. I have tried to address your comments as best as I can below.

As you know, The Village has recently partnered with Absolute who are assisting us on the Villa Ownership side of the business. Did you book your trip through Absolute? If not, I should be most grateful if you would send me a private message through Trip Advisor and let me know as if this is the case I am mystified as to why you were asked to attend a Sales Presentation, as this would only ever be applicable to Absolute Sales guests.

I was glad to read that you were happy with your accommodation and the resort facilities, however your comments regarding the service in the restaurant have been noted and I will look into this. It is extremely rare that guests report any problems regarding the service level in our restaurants, and I will endeavour to find out what went wrong in your case.

The Village is a privately owned and run resort, and myself and my team take great pride in developing what we believe to be a truly wonderful resort. We were saddened to read your comments, and I assure you that we will work hard to ensure that we get to the bottom of the issues that you experienced.

Albury, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

We had the most amazing holiday - helpful staff - lovely beachside villa, loved cocktail hour, there is nothing to fault - we could not have asked for more. Travelling with a 6 and 7 year old who both loved the pool, water slides, beach, kids club, meals, friendly people and the adventure of being on an island. I would recommend this holiday to any family.

Room Tip: When booking book a villa.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear Christine O,

My team and I were thrilled to read your kind comments. We are so glad that your holiday was a success, and very happy that you found our staff to be so friendly.

We sincerely hope that we will see you back at The Village soon!