“Great Experience”

Owner description: email: thaicookingclass@hotmail.com
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Pat's cooking class was a great experience for my wife and I. A minivan picked us up from our hotel with 3 others already on board. We picked up Pat on the way and went straight to the markets where we were shown the type of ingredients we would be using that day. You don't actually have to buy anything here as Pat already has everything for you at her place (it's just for the experience).

Once at Pat's, we were given a refreshing drink and taken to the cooking area. This was nothing too impressive, but everything was clean nonetheless.

The cooking experience was delightful with a good balance between explanations/definitions and actual hands-on cooking. Pat and her assistants are always at hand to help you along. I thought the cooking experience would involve preparing a small dish and sampling as we went, I was completely wrong. After we prepared all our dishes, they were served to us in Pat's simple yet elegant dining room.

Overall a fun and educational experience

Visited March 2014
1 Thank J C

Auckland, New Zealand
“great experience”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

about 25 of us booked for a team building evening and we had a blast. good fun cooking, warmly welcome and guided, delicious food and diner. also,walked away with the recipes! Pat was super energetic and the yram diner was a real success

Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful , interesting and enjoyable experience. ”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

My niece and I had a wonderful time with Pat and her husband. She made Thai cooking simple, easy, and authentic. She was warm and took the time to take us around her house on a hill with a beautiful view of Chalong bay. She gets the ingredients fresh from her garden and was very keen on answering our questions about what we can substitute if the ingredients were not available. It was expensive but worth it. Very pleasant time.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pat's papaya salad made my mouth water!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My partner Justin and I did Pat's Thai Cooking class on 4 January 2014 and really enjoyed the class! Pat was really well spoken and taught us new skills and enhanced the understanding of thai cooking we already had.
We loved the cleanliness and the efficient assistants who helped the class run so smoothly. The small group were lovely and made the atmosphere very relaxed, being located at Pat's personal home.
We loved the papaya salad and can't wait to source out some dried shrimp back here in Australia to try it out. I only wish I had asked Pat for more recipes before we left. Thanks Pat. We would recommend to anyone who can slot in a half day class.

Visited January 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Authentic cooking class”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Pat and her staff are very attentive, friendly and welcoming. Had a great morning, very hands on and tailored to food allergies and level of tolerance for chilli.

Visited January 2014