“Nice and clean boutique hotel with great staff!”

Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa
Ranked #244 of 787 Hotels in Phuket
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Great place if you're a diver. The pier and dive shops are only meters away. The hotel is very well maintained and staff are friendly and helpful. Try their cheesecake, it's awesome :-).

When I arrived, the Manager showed me my room. He noticed right away that it had an aweful smell and didn't hesitate to upgrade me to a bigger room. I was even offered to take a shower while waiting for my room to be made available.

There are only two things that make me hesitating to give this place the full score:

1. The breakfast is a bit boring
2. The "Go Go Girls" who keep yelling at you outside of the hotel. Don't worry though, they won't follow you inside and can't be heard within the complex.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Pier42, Owner at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Pier 42 we hope to welcome you on a return trip soon.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the relative quiet of our surroundings within Pier 42.
There is the option to order a freshly cooked breakfast dish or traditional Thai rice soup on our menu but we will be ensuring that this is more clearly indicated to our guests in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Nice little eatery. Food very good and very well priced. Staff very nice and more than helpful. Not expensive.

We enjoyed our meal. Seating up stairs outside off the street or in the cool air-conditioning both upstairs and down.

Toilets very clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our dive boat was leaving from Chalong Pier so we checked into this hotel via internet search as it was close ( only 2 minutes walk) and were very pleased with what we found.
Staff were very nice and the guys in the dive store within the hotel gave us some great local knowledge on which dive sites to visit.
Breakfast was included and cooked on the balcony of the cafe. It was nice to see all the greenery inside the resort and supriselingly quiet by the pool\. The effort being made to be ecological with ameities in the rooms is nice and the overall retro feel is very fitting.
Perfect base for a diving trip.

Room Tip: upstairs overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The stories about a warm welcome, delicious food, cozy bedrooms and many more enjoyments made me want to go there. Friendly people who will go that extra mile for you, thank you all! Especially the front desk manager and her crew. They help you out a lot.. But overall the whole crew is there for you to make your stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I would like to respond to DorianBlues review of this hotel.
In response to the noise from the large group of people at the pool, this was my 60'th birthday celebration, a one off affair. As I am a returned guest, they very kindly gave us this area to use during the afternoon and we had moved into the restaurant by 8pm for dinner.
I have stayed here many times and never had a noise issue so please don't be put off by this one off event!
Cheers Pete

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Pier42, General Manager at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Thank you very much for returning to stay with us and for choosing Pier 42 for your 60th birthday celebration. We hope you have some great memories and we do look forward to welcome you to Pier 42 again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I checked in for 2 nights whilst on a business trip in the area and enjoyed my down time in the hotel.
The staff were very chatty and helpful and gave me some good tips for the area.
I had a oil massage at the Spa and the massage was good I got to choose from different oils and was given the remaining oil (I liked that they used organic oil.)
Also stayed in and ate one night in the cafe and the Thai food was good, I can recommend the Penang curry and the starter of Thai titbits wrapped in leaves.
I liked having the pool just outside the door of my room for an early evening dip when i got back to the hotel. I asked the hotel to arrange my transfer to the airport
I will be returning next time I need to visit Chalong as price was good booked online and hotel was a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This hotel is tucked away on the street just beside Chalong Pier. It has a great coffee shop and is very reasonably priced. We stayed with our 3 children 12,10 and 5 for 3 nights and its fair to say we all had a great time. The rooms are clean, airconditioned and have tea and coffee facilities as well as safe and mini bar. The bathrooms were very clean and come with complimentary toiletries. These were lovely- called Siam Botanicals and totally natural. They sell the products in the shop and I bought lots to take home they were so nice on my skin. The hotel is prettily decorated and has a retro feel - the cafe and restaurant serve good thai and western food. The pool is small but has a nice deck area and the children had a great time playing in it. The staff were warm and friendly and good with the children. We took a number of boat trips from the pier to a nearby island snorkelling and also night fishing which we all really enjoyed. If I was diving or going to one of the larger islands I would definitely stay here again. It was extremely convenient and by far the best place to stay near the pier. There was a thai restaurant just by the pier which we tried one evening which had good food, beautiful views and was especially good for us as it was outside and the children could easily run around. The coffee shop has a shop set up in it which had a good selection of homewares and clothes and was fairly priced. Made for an interesting retail experience whilst enjoying a morning capuchino. The coffee shop and hotel also has free wifi which made it a great place to hang out. Given the price of the hotel I felt it represented excellent value for money

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed, complimentary and informative review of Pier 42. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look foward to welcoming you to Pier 42 again soon.