“Amazing!”
Review of De coze' Hotel

De coze' Hotel
Ranked #446 of 776 Hotels in Phuket
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We booked De Coze last minute as we were in Thailand for a month and wanted to stay in Patong for a week or so again. Since we had already stayed at Patong in another hotel a week prior to this stay we knew the area really well so location wasnt a problem at all- it is right near the beachfront which is a walkable 10minutes yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle- do be aware though that as it is new not all the tuk tuk or taxi drivers know where it is but will get you there with directions for 200baht. The whole theme of the hotel is modern and well kept throughout- they dont ask for a deposit upfront unlike some hotels in the area which was a nice start. Then we were taken to our room 509 which is the white and blue room advertised- it was lets say no less than perfect with it been ultra modern, absolutely spotless, lovely bathroom with monsoon shower. We cant fault the hotel at all, nor can we fault the staff.. from the minute you book in the staff are lovely-always saying hi when they see you and ready to help you at all times. The minute you step around the pool or steam room they have free pool towels by your side without asking them- they are forever forward thinking. Even the room cleaning services where happy to clean your room at whatever time (they wont just skip it because you have a do not disturb sign in the morning) they were always topping up your complimentory bathroom toiletries or even if you didnt want your room cleaning they would phone up to see if you wanted clean towels etc.
Finally, we used the laundry service at the hotel- it arrived back very quickly but we noticed a vest missing (dont let this put you off the service as it is still fantastic and worth clean clothes) straight away the staff did everything they could to help and in a few days the manager gave us the value of the vest in baht with no quabbles...we didnt even suggest this or kick up a fuss, this is how honest the hotel staff are.

Best £22 a night we have spent- we didnt want to leave!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Rebecca N
There are newer reviews for De coze' Hotel

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have been to Thailand many times and this has got to be the best value for money hotel I've been. You can't get any better for the price we paid for. Location wise can't be any better for those who are able to walk. It is quite true what alot of reviews said about the location but the hotel is right smack in the middle of the beach and town. It's about 15mins fast walk to the beach and 15 fast walk to the town. Which means you save on Tuktuk which I think is very expensive in Phuket. They charge 200baht no matter where you go in patong! If location is good and you're right on beach front, you'll need transport to go town. 1 thing we don't like was that there is no safe sidewalk to walk on and we had to walk along the road and rubble. Free wifi everywhere to my delight, free snooker pool and library. Breakfast was simple but very nice and fills you up for your days adventures. Friendly helpful staff. Gives you fresh towels the moment you go into pool area or when you go to the beach. Helps you translate on phone calls should you need. Room and bathroom was huge, clean and beautiful. Honeymoon swans were beautiful. Perfect for me and my bfs anniversary. Thank you Decoze for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SelinaRichard
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The hotel is small but all facilities are available. Small swimming pool. The room is clean. The restroom in my room has water leak problem and they should install cloth hanger inside the restroom. Walking distance to convenient store and/or massage place. Breakfast is so so, not that delicious. The price is pretty cheap.

Room Tip: The rooms are not sound-proof at all, if you don't mind to hear the door slammed during night ti...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is one of 6 newish hotels in a small Soi that is 15 minutes walk from Balang St. Close enough without all the noise and hassles. Very quiet neighbourhood. Room was good size and clean, bed comfortable, bathroom in good condition. There is a very cold pool on ground floor and the breakfasts were excellent with variety and choice. Had to chase up housekeeping several times to get room done but no real issues.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

So, we arrived here after reading the trip advisor reviews. Check in was extremely prompt and the staff was very helpful. The rooms were a delight, and very impressive for the price. The only disadvantage was the location, which was a bit removed from the heart of patong. Overall, a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The hotel itself and the facilities are all that the website says them to be. My favorite part was of course the friendly and helpful staff that would always go above and beyond! Unfortunately, the hotel is located in a newly built business district in Patong, meaning that its not really within walkable distance to the beaches. 10 minute walk away there is a grand shopping mall with lots of restaurants, but once again, there are no sidewalks, and you have to walk on the side of a dirty and construction filled road to get dinner everynight - not the most appetizing! However, if you expect to cab or tuk tuk everywhere, including the beach, the location is a little more private, and the hotel itself is definitely a good pick. Also the swimming pool was awesome but the water was a little too chilly for relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2013

After much research online, i finally decided on De coze hotel and it well met my expectations.
As i arrived in Phuket from bangkok at around 7am. I was just trying my luck on the early check in and the staff was very nice to let us check in early free of charge.

I booked the superior room A which comes with the bathtub. Both my boy and i loved the room, modern hotel decor - spacious, clean and new.

On my second day out, i left the do not disturb sign on my door as i find it a hassle to keep my expensive belongings in the safe so i prefer not to have anyone come in my room.
When we came back at night, to our surprise - our room was tidied up nicely (i think the sign dropped on the floor). I was a bit worried at first and began to check for all my personal items ( cash, ipod, phones ... ) and it was all kept properly. The staff even helped me charge my itouch. haha. It was nice to know they have very honest staff.

Breakfast was good. Both my boy and I love the fried rice ( ah-roy!). They serve fried rice and noodle on alternate days. Limited variety but it was free so i can't really complain.

Location was okay. Depending on what you want. Personally i prefer to have it right next to the attraction (in this case, the beach and bangla road / shopping mall). De coze was not right next to them. But still within walking distance ( about 10-15mins walk). Quite far and tiring after a long day or after drinking at bangla road. tuktuk would usually quote 200-300 baht from hotel to jungceylon / bangla road or vice versa. Our luckiest bargain was till 120 baht.

The staff are really nice and helpful, when we went to the pool the receptionist automatically brought us towels. When we wanted to go out on a rainy day the staff lent us the hotel umbrella.

All in all, very value for money. If you are very picky with location and would prefer right next to the action, probably not a good choice but otherwise i will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple