De coze' Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
DE42 Hotel(Kathu)
View Hotel
The Royal Residence(Phuket Town)
  • Pool
Onnicha Hotel(Phuket Town)
  • Pool
Baan PhuAnda(Talat Yai)
View Hotel
All reviewsbangla roadpatong beachfamily martbooked roomschecking inenjoyed my stayroom was spaciousmotorbike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2013

stayed as a couple for 2 nights. we stayed in the superior type B room on the 25 Dec and Suite on the 26 Dec.

Rooms review:
Superior type B room (ROOM 502) was good. It was clean and well managed.

Suite (ROOM 602) was disappointing considering it is the best room Decoze has.

First, entry into the Suite and we noticed that the bathroom walls paint has come off. It was not well painted. Nothing we can do about it and hence we did not make a fuss or inform the reception of the room condition.

Second, one of the yellow romantic desk light on both side of the bed is spoiled. We informed the reception and it was replaced with a white light. It is disappointing as the reason they gave was that they do not have a spare for the yellow light bulb. We were understanding and did not insist that they changed into the yellow light bulb and accepted it.

Third, the bathroom washing basin was stuck, we informed the reception and it was resolved in 15 minutes, no sweat.

Fourth, this is the most annoying problem of all. The bathtub stopper was missing! We informed the reception and asked them nicely to replace the stopper and as usual they were out of spare as well and one of the older lady receptionist gotten very very defensive and was rude to us. Which mean we have to accept a substandard SUITE (so called the best room of decoze) at the FULL PRICE!

The receptionist has suggested to downgrade our room to DELUXE room WITH NO REFUNDS and has shown us the room. Why would i downgrade my room but paying the full price of a Suite? Secondly, the DELUXE room shown to us was not even complete! The floor is still cemented without the tiles as per advertised on the website and brochure. This problem is not resolved!

I have a feeling that the Suite has been left empty for quite some time and hence the issues above. I have also noted dust on the kettle and the cups which all suggesting that the room has been left empty.

Im still looking for an official complain portal which i can forward my grievances straight to the Decoze management.

Breakfast was okay with a range of choices.

Conclusion:
AVOID THE SUITE ROOM at all cost!
Receptionist has badddddd english.
Considering that IF I did not upgrade my room to a SUITE, I would have enjoyed my holiday more and hence POOR rating is most fit.

Note the Decoze management if you are browsing this comment:
1. Please improve your receptionist's fluency in English.
2. Please do CHECK YOUR SUITE THOROUGHLY BEFORE letting us to check in.
3. Please improve your receptionist's manners in handling customer's grievances. In specific the particular older receptionist that was on duty at night on the 26th December. I might have rated the service as Very Good if this does not happen.

Room Tip: Avoid the Suite at all cost! (Room 602). Not sure about the other SUITE room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dankers1
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

What a nice place, staff very polite and helpfull, room was lovely, clean and modern, with bath. Set on a back street it was around 20 mins walk to the beach, but that was no issue for us. Hopefully when all the roadcworks on the main road are finished, it wont be so muddy, but thats not the hotels fault. Breakfast was great, from toast and cereals to english and thai . Too much to choose from. Only draw back, no bar in the evening, so we had to go out. Mo big deal really, but somtines, just nice to stay in.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed as a couple for 2 nights while in Phuket. Hotel is located a few streets behind the main strip of Patong. The room was clean and tidy and the amenities adequate. The bed however was very hard and the air con was loud even on the lowest settings.

The main issue is the location. As the streets around the hotel are "under construction". Speaking to a local taxi driver it seems to be a work in progress with no end in sight for the time being.
This makes the walk into the centre of town more of a off road hike. Especially difficult after it rains, even more so after dark (and a few singha's).

Overall it was reasonably priced. The pool was nice and also very quiet. The breakfast was a small selection of lukewarm dishes. Best to stick to the toast, cereals and fruit.

If I was to return to Patong, I would stay closer to the beach until the roads were finished.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luke W
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed in De Coze hotel in August. We booked the standard room directly with the hotel. Originally our booking was for 4 nights, but after spending some time in Phuket and this wonderful hotel we decided to stay another 2 nights. We arrived around midnight, a guy from the reception brought us to the room, showed all in-room amenities. The room was fantastic, the bed was decorated before our arrival. The design is very modern and hotel itself looks very new. In the hotel all the rooms are different, have different design. Our room was in white color with blue and metallic details. We loved it since a very first day. Every day we were provided with a complimentary breakfast. There were cereals, bacon, sausages, vegetables, fruits, and many other items. The food was fresh and delicious. In the hotel there is a free wi-fi, which was very important for us. Hotel has a sauna and swimming pool, which we enjoyed to use every day. There is a library, computers and billiard table. The housekeeping staff cleaned the room every day. All staff at the reception was very helpful and friendly, they helped us many times and seems that they really enjoy their work. On our last day we supposed to leave around 6 a.m., so we asked the reception to serve some snack for us and they kindly let us go to buffet earlier. The atmosphere of the hotel is very friendly and we were happy to spend time there. Nearby the hotel there are many small restaurants where you can find a nice food and also supermarket, money exchange. 10 minutes away from the hotel there is a shopping mall, where you can also find restaurants. The Patong beach is around 15 minutes away from the hotel. You can also rent a bike, which is around 10 USD per day, so it’ll be even easier to explore the place. On our first day we were driven near many hotels, which looked also nice and were closer to the beach, but were situated in a very noisy location. De Coze is a very quiet and safe place. Our overall experience was positive and the hotel service and facilities are outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anastasia M
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Positive's - The rooms are nice have everything you need for budget accommodation and they are very quiet. Beds are comfy. Breakfast had a good variety and its nice to sit in the open air rather than a a stuff room.

Negative and there were quite a few...Starting with the main first impression THE STAFF WERE RUDE or knew nothing and were not willing to help at all. On arrival for our 7 night stay we were not told of the pool being out of order something I think was extreamly important but we had to read about it in the lift! Then when we asked how long before it would be ready we were just told 1 more day 1 more day which in reality meant 6 days by the time it was filled and chlorinated to a safe level - but at no time were we ever offered another pool to swim in until we demanded a refund by then it was too late! (they own 4 properties within a block) When we went into the room for the first time the lovely elephant shaped towels that were on the bed were filthy, stained with black marks and very frayed around the edges. My toilet was leaking into my shower area and when I asked for it to be fixed I was told the next day and their fix was to wrap a towel around the base of the toilet! They DID advertise a TukTuk service but when we inquired they flatly denied ever having 1 and when I looked up the website I booked on it was listed but shortly after I made the inquiry it was removed from their site, I found this very underhanded and deceiving.
With helpful friendly staff this place could be wonderful but at the moment I would certainly think twice.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else! Road works out the front and a long way to Jungceylon
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends