“Out of the way but quiet”
Review of YK Home Villa

YK Home Villa
Ranked #66 of 341 Da Lat B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2012

YK picked me up at the airport, which meant the driver knew exactly where the hotel is located--it's a bit off the beaten track. Cost was only $10 for 19km drive. Young woman at front desk very helpful, with good English. The hotel is very quiet, but it's a strenuous, half-hour at least, hike from the center of town, assuming you don't get lost along the way and can navigate the unpaved streets, no sidewalks and constant stream of motorbikes. That's about the only downside. Hotel makes a very pleasant, lightly peppery pho for breakfast, coffee was good. Also will cook dishes for other meals upon request (no restaurants nearby that I could see). Dalat's temperature is definitely a change of pace from the steamy coast--light sweater needed in May, and there can be heavy downpours.

Sightseeing/Attractions Tip: the Buddhist temple is very peaceful with beautiful gardens. Crazy house is interesting, as is Bao Dai's summer palace, which allows a brief look into the history of the last Vietnamese emperor. If tour is booked with Sinh tourist, they will pick you up at the hotel for the tour, no extra charge. Their day-long tour of Dalat covered a wide range of local activities and attractions, and the tour guide spoke excellent English. On the street above the center market are vendors of coffees, teas, etc. Prices for Luwak and Vietnam's own weasel coffee were about 100,000 VND, while in Hanoi the weasel goes for 400,000 and Luwak is out of sight.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so depending on how heavy your luggage is, you may not want the top floor. I w...
2  Thank travelerS_Korea

Reviewed 12 June 2012

my husband and I stayed here for 4 nights recently and loved it. The family who own it are really helpful and friendly and at no point did anyone try to sell me a tour! The hotel is a little way out of town and this makes it a peaceful (well, no moto beeps) spot to relax after a day of trekking. It costs around 30,000 to get a taxi to town or about a 15-20 minute walk (if raining the walk can be a bit muddy).
The breakfast is good and we ate dinner at the hotel twice which was nice.
I think the rooms are a good size. I would probably disagree with the last review- I think the rooms are of good standard for the price. The bathroom wasn't 5 star quality and was a bit tired, but was perfectly clean- no better or worse than most of the places we have stayed in Vietnam. Like all reviews, everyone has different expectations. We loved the bedroom- spacious, great countryside/farming views and lovely comfy bed. Overall great stay- I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank borntotramp
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel is rated #1 in the B&B category and I have to say after rereading the reviews I found so few people who had the same opinion as I did and for the life of me have no idea what the rest of you saw in this place that I did not see. It seems to me that it would be people who travel very little or who have very low expectations when traveling.

The family that runs the hotel could not be nicer or more helpful or friendly and I agree wholeheartedly with all the reviews. The breakfast is fine. Even that the hotel is a bit out of the center which annoyed some people was no issue for me and it was an easy walk into town that I enjoyed a lot.

My issue is with the rooms. I stayed in the suite and the space was more than ample and in fact extremely generous. The view onto a garden/vegetable patch was lovely and there is even a very nice terrace with that room. So what am I complaining about? The condition and maintenance of the rooms. The decor was not to my taste at all but it was the grotty bathtub, torn shower curtain,paper thin towels, a room that was cleaned daily but never felt clean,etc. I personally never felt comfortable in the room. I was shocked to learn that the hotel is only 2 years old. The attention to detail is sorely lacking in my view and I would suggest that very little money could rectify the situation but for now the hotel needs a renovation. I would never rely on any of the people who wrote all these amazing reviews and I would hate any of you to be my travel agent!!!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed for 2 nights 3 days in April 2012. Tu, the owners daughter spoke very good English and couldn't have been more helpful. Her parents have a basic understanding of English & her father plays a great guitar. Very friendly family. The rooms and suites are very clean & comfortable and the family embrace visitors. Approx 2 km easy walk into the town where there are some great restuarants. Highly recommend this guesthouse. Breakfast selection is minimal, but certainly adequate with the yellowest eggs i have ever seen, and they really taste like eggs tasted when i was a child, unusual point of recommendation but there it is...

Room Tip: Choose a suite for approx. $4 extra, you will not be dissapointed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cherry L
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed here four nights at the end of May, in a deluxe room. The decor is gorgeous and slightly Alpine, with a balcony and two medium-sized windows, lots of light. Bathrooms either have 'cabin style' shower (cornered off by a curtain) or bathtub. There is sometimes a bit of noise (dogs barking, weird cat noises, water pipes) at night but only a light sleeper would notice this. Lovely thick pillows and warm duvet for those chilly nights in Da lat! Depending on your room there are also lovely views over the fields, city and mountains. there is no fan or air con, but we hardly noticed, and really didn't need one for the whole stay.
One note is the hot water, it is great for about 20 mins, powerful and hot. When the next person in your room needs a shower though, they should wait about 15mins for the tank to fill again.
Breakfast is good..selection of main course (vietnamese style, or bread and jams, pancakes), tea and coffee, and fresh fruit. They also have a restaurant and can cater lunch and dinner if you let them know your meal choice an hour in advance.
They do automatic and manual motorbike rental daily (6am-11pm) for just over £3, which we took advantage of every day, took only 10 minutes to get into town (20 min walk); markets, restaurants.
Room cleaned every day and all toiletries stocked up daily. Laundry service also very cheap (10 items for about £2)
Service is fantastic. The girl on reception is really helpful..every day she would give us precise directions to wear we needed to go; organised our free shuttle bus to the bus station, even showed us how to ride the motorbike. Always smiling and friendly.
We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

i stay at yk villa only 1 night i find information from TripAdvisor and answer YK is the best ,everything it's ok clean room and nice villa design

except yk villa far away from town and not suggest to walk so far 15 min ,and yk not service shuttle bus to town you will pay around 25000 vnd/each (50000 vnd)by the way if you need stay villa not need look around market and town it's OK but you don't have much time in dalat like me i think should stay in town better you can walk

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2012

3 nights for me recently at YK. The staff working at YK are extremely friendly and make you feel very welcome. The ladies working behind reception and basically running the Villa speak excellent English and are a wealth of knowledge from where to go in Dalat and Transport options out of town.
The location was perfect for me. Yes, a 20min walk from the centre of town, but you get to escape the busy streets of downtown and the walk gives you the opportunity to see the "Real" Dalat that is happening around you.
Rooms are nicely fitted out, A/C is not required. Good Wifi feed and nice breakfast is complimentary.
I recommend YK and would stay there again if in Dalat.
Thanks so much! - You guys and gals are doing a great job!!

Room Tip: There is some construction going on in the area, but the staff will let you know of this and hopeful...
3  Thank toosdh