“Terrible experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Da Lat
Perth, Australia
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is big and our room was nice and clean but we felt like we were the only people in the hotel, we went to get something to eat in the afternoon after we checked in and everything was deserted. The happy hour bar was shut at 4.15pm even though it opens at 4pm...there were no staff and no guests to be seen anywhere. The pool is nice and big and heated but there are only four deck chairs and no pool service, which was just as well as there were only four of us in the pool.
On our third day we ordered room service as we had just spent three hours horse riding and my husbands cheeseburger came stone cold and I ended up with severe food poisoning from a tuna sandwich and nearly had to cancel our next flight as I spent the whole night with vomiting and diarrhoea and was ill for the next three days.
I would NOT recommend this hotel and would never stay there again. There are nice hotels closer to the lake and who knows they make take better care with their food!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms are large and clean but many of the aspects of the hotel are poorly designed and managed. For instance many of the rooms are connected to other rooms by a flimsy door which is convenient if you are travelling with friends who are in the adjacent room but are terrible otherwise since you can hear EVERYTHING going on in your neighbours room (e.g. TV, party, conversations etc). We complained to management twice in one night due to our noisy neighbours and both complaints were ignored. They did end up switching us the next night upon request. Also the bathtubs are gigantic but the design means all the water from the shower leaks on to the floor. Also the hotel is popular for weddings so the pool area was closed for swimming our entire stay due receptions and the breakfast in the morning.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cathy0704
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel gave me a weird feeling. It must be due to the time of year. Just after their New Year but I seemed to be the only person in this hotel. Very weird!
Check in was smooth. Very large reception area with access to pool. My room was large as was the bed. Would of got lost in this bed.
The room was clean, spacious and had everything I needed. Even a balcony which over looked the entrance.
The pool was clean and the water warm. It is indoors. I went for a swim and again, the only person there. From checking in, to room to pool and back. I saw nobody but a few staff.
The hotel is situated just on outskirts of the centre and takes about 10 minutes to walk. Go and visit the market and sample some of the food. Amazing flavours. I purchased a stack of treats for my journey as most of it was dried.
The bar is weird as well. Décor from the 70's and seemed like I was the first person to step in there since that decade.
Did not eat in restaurant but did have breakfast which was good. Please try the Vietnamese coffee whilst in Dalat. Excellent.
Good quiet hotel but would stay nearer the town centre if given the choice again but this is no reflection on the service or staff. Just personal preference.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

My wife and I booked a deluxe room at this place recently and as it was the last room available (and almost the last decent room in the whole town at that time) we had to settle for 2 large single beds.Undeterred we pushed them together and that worked out OK for us.
I couldn't fault any aspect of the hotel except for the fact that I would have expected a 4 star establishment to supply a spare roll of toilet paper.Having said that,they were very quick to respond to our emergency request for same and any other requests we made of them.Breakfast was good with a wide selection but some mornings it was a bit hard to get a table.
Location was good and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pratts
Fort Washington, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Feel like macarthur when i say I will return! Anyway, this hotel is well worth returning to.

Good service, though not always friendliest. Some of staff should smile more. They are doing excellent job in an excellent hotel, with excellent food.
Only fault was the number of weddings. I'm sure this helps pay for the place, but it detracts from the guests, as weddings seem to take over the pool area.
As someone complained. breakfasts didn't offer much variety, but food was good A la carte in dining room was much better.
Some on staff had problems with english, or american. However their english was much better than my vietnamese, despite the time uncle sam spent teaching me vietnamese forty five years ago

Room Tip: for view over city, face south
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

The location is nice easy to get round and far enough away from the back packer area to feel authentic. The rooms where very nice and clean the house keeping staff where very helpful with the few problems we had. But reception was not as helpful and the security really did understand why I wouldn't leave my beloved push bike in the parking areas... I will not have been the first person in this hotel to request this. There was a lack of spa which was needed after 80 mile ride. Breakfast was nice, but they could have done so much more with it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel overall is good. The rooms are pretty good. But the equipments in the bathroom were very bad. We went as a group so we had three rooms. In oolne of the rooms the bathroom door won't lock and in the other the butt washer won't work. The food is just simply awful. Breakfast is everyday the same. It is mostly pork but I don't eat pork. We went to eat dinner with the voucher. But after our first bite we chose to eat something else(cheese pizza). But that was awful too. The hotel has pretty good facilities like gym, table tennis, tennis court, heated pool.But it is not actually a 4 star hotel. It is more like a 3 star. Plus do not try their food.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends