“Quaint”

Ranked #27 of 375 Speciality Lodging in Da Lat
Mullumbimby, Australia
“Quaint”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We were dropped off at this delightful little family run hotel by our bus from Mui Ne. We were sceptical at first, but decided to look at the room they were offering us. Well, what a surprise. It wasn't new or modern - but it was clean and very charming. The beds were a treat and the view from our windows was magic. How clever were we to find this little place. The family were sweet, though didn't speak English very well. Didn't worry us really - we found a way to communicate and it was perfect. We recommended this place to quite a few people on our travels through Vietnam and can honestly say it was worth every cent of the $12.00 a night it cost us.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Since all the other hotels were full when we were here we stayed here for 2 nights. We had no trouble at all, the room was nice and big. Just the shower didn't work properly, which should be fixed. But, you get what you pay for (we paid 10 usd). Guy at the reception doesn't speak English very well, but good enough for basic info. O and, breakfast is included! Just some eggs and bread with a banana and a drink, which was fine.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I'm travelling alone. Somebody recommended me this hotel. It's near the center of dalat, but it is a upper part of he city. The rooms are clean and have a lot of space. People from reception help me to find the tour with thr easyrider ( I recomend it!) and arrenged me all related with bus to leave tue city. The only tingh I didn't like whas the two dogs they have in the entrance of the hotel, they don't look really healthy and are all the time scratching.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Hannblocka
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Room was $12 a night and included more amenities then we were use to, living as backpackers. Tv, mini fridge, blow dryer, bathtub, free breakfast. We were happy with our stay, front desk was helpful and we booked the most amazing easy rider tour through the hotel. Left all of our valuables in our room with no problems. Room was made up when we came back from our tour as well.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank AshleyRaelyn44
Darwin
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed here late December during the flower festival. At $15 a night the room was adequate although the beds were about three-quarter size. Cold at night and with one blanket each hubby and I shared one bed and 2 blankets. .Bit of a tight squeeze. Our room also smelt of stale cigarette smoke the entire time we were there even though we aired the room each day. I think it was in the lounge chairs!

Breakfast was fine. Overall good value, but a bit out of the way and for an extra $5 you could better. However, if you are on a tight budget there's nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank juroDarwin
Da Lat, Vietnam
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed here before taking Easy Rider tour. Nice friendly staff, good value, the beds were kind of hard. Definitely great for budget travelers.

• Stayed December 2011
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I can't say with 100% certainty that the money was taken at the hotel, but 200,000 dong (and a few U.S. dollars) went missing from my bag in the hotel room at some point. It very well could have been taken on my bus journey to Da Lat, but my bag was in my possession (or in the care of my boyfriend) during our bus journey. They took only a portion of the money in my bag, which would lead me to believe they didn't want me to notice (if it was taken on the bus, I don't think they would have taken such care, they would take the entire amount) - but I know for certain the money was taken. The hotel was cheap, yes, but they took the equivalent of a night in the hotel, I would rather spend that somewhere I can trust. We stayed one night and left the room several times for meals (we made sure to lock the door), and checked out promptly when we found the money had gone missing.

My advice if you decide to stay here - know how much money you have, don't leave it in the room (I try not to carry all of my cash on me, but now I'm rethinking that strategy), check your valuables at the front desk & receive a receipt for them (don't leave them in the room). I don't think it is the front desk woman (she seemed genuinely surprised when we mentioned money may have gone missing in our room), but I suspect that there is someone dishonest working at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't leave valuables in the room. Or just go next door to the pink villa (where we ended up st...