“Convenient location, comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Binh Yen Hotel

Binh Yen Hotel
Ranked #27 of 319 Speciality Lodging in Da Lat
Melbourne, Australia
“Convenient location, comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

Arriving at the hotel after another horrible bus ride in Vietnam was a relief. The bus pulled up at the front door and the staff had a bunch of rooms available for US $10/night, incl. Breakfast. Great location in the town and within walking distance to the market. We hired a scooter to explore the area and also did a 6 day, 5 night bike tour from Da Lat to Hoi An with Freelance Riders. Absolute value for money and the highlight of my month in Vietnam!

• Stayed December 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

We paid $10 per night for a spacious room that had a great view of the mountains and included a nice breakfast. Room was clean and quite well located. It was also quiet, so sleep was never an issue. We've been in Southeast Asia four months and this is the best quality for value hotel we have come across.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed here after an unpleasant time at villa pink house. I paid 8 for a large room with double bed, tv, and fridge and included breakfast. It was clean and quiet. The guy at reception speaks little English but carried my bags up for me and was very sweet. I had a 7 am bus and they put a baguette and bananas in a bag for me to take without me asking.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michelle H
Ko Samui, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I do not want to say any wrong things, but... Well I was having breakfast in the hall and went out to smoke one cigarette. Because I was not first time in this hotel I trusted the stuff and left my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S2) on the table with breakfast - well... it was my mistake.

It take only two minutes to smoke this cigarette and during this time I was standing near the door, and sure nobody went out during this time. When I came back to the hall I found no mobile on the table.

When I asked the stuff to call for the policeman the just laughed and did nothing. So, now I'm going to the police station by myself to fix this problem.

In any way, be careful with this hotel and the stuff, guys.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Carl S
Mullumbimby, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

We were dropped off at this delightful little family run hotel by our bus from Mui Ne. We were sceptical at first, but decided to look at the room they were offering us. Well, what a surprise. It wasn't new or modern - but it was clean and very charming. The beds were a treat and the view from our windows was magic. How clever were we to find this little place. The family were sweet, though didn't speak English very well. Didn't worry us really - we found a way to communicate and it was perfect. We recommended this place to quite a few people on our travels through Vietnam and can honestly say it was worth every cent of the $12.00 a night it cost us.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Since all the other hotels were full when we were here we stayed here for 2 nights. We had no trouble at all, the room was nice and big. Just the shower didn't work properly, which should be fixed. But, you get what you pay for (we paid 10 usd). Guy at the reception doesn't speak English very well, but good enough for basic info. O and, breakfast is included! Just some eggs and bread with a banana and a drink, which was fine.

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I'm travelling alone. Somebody recommended me this hotel. It's near the center of dalat, but it is a upper part of he city. The rooms are clean and have a lot of space. People from reception help me to find the tour with thr easyrider ( I recomend it!) and arrenged me all related with bus to leave tue city. The only tingh I didn't like whas the two dogs they have in the entrance of the hotel, they don't look really healthy and are all the time scratching.

• Stayed May 2012