“Beautiful hotel”
Review of Phuong Hanh Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Da Lat
Phuong Hanh Hotel
Ranked #104 of 319 Da Lat B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

It is a nice hotel in the city, it takes only a few minutes to the centre of the city. The room is quite cheap compared to other hotels, they have many beautiful rooms and the best of all the you can use the computer for free! In the hotel you can book a ticket for tour and exchange money. Everything you need , they have it . It is the best hotel i ever been to in vietnam.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hien g

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Da Lat, Vietnam
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We needed the cheapest hotel-hostel in the center of Dalat. Cheap rooms, cheap motor bikes, close to market.We stick to that place because it was $7 per double an 10 min walk (3 vmin by bike) to market.
Minuses - they don't clean rooms, also towels.
We had problems with hot water - especially evenings.
They had only 1 electricity plug in the room.
They made a bit higher prise on TET.
But if you want make some coffee or tea - they will give you a pot full of hot drinking water.
And the owners are friendly, helpful.
I would recomend - if you are short in money and ok with not luxurious conditions.

Room Tip: Choose the corner ones - 2 big windows on 2 walls.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2012

i travelled to vietnam Dalat every year from Sydney australia. We stayed in the hotel Phuong Hanh hotel and never experienced anything bad. They are very honest and clean people. I cannot imagine they stole any money from anybody. My opinion is some comments here is from sick competition.

From Steve

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank steve m
Oslo
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We found this hotel to be a nice place and would recommend staying here. We're referring to the Phuong Hanh at 80-82 3/2 street. Staff were friendly, and our room (on one of the upper floors) was large and had a big window overlooking the city. No complaints.

Room Tip: Go for a room on one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jpo0lar
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I had just read a few of the reviews about this hotel however, I found my stay quite pleasent at the Phuong Hanh Hotel on 3/2 Street. The staff were very friendly and polite and the room was very clean. The room was cleaned everyday. I had forgotten my camera and iPod in the room when I went on my tour and I came back to find it all where I had left it. The rooms were quite cheap, only ten dollars and it was a close walk to the central. The receptionist was very helpful, helping with tours and renting the motor cycles. The motor cycle renting was 5 dollars from early morning to the evening, approximately 7pm.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Helsinki
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We ended up in this hotel, as the bus dropped us right outside and the Pink Villa, where we wanted to go, was full. Didn´t read any reviews beforehand, and don´t think we would have stayed in this hotel, if we had. We paid 6 dollars for the room, which is quite a bargain, and got a room with a nice view over the city at the back of the hotel. There´s also a TV and occasional hot water. The room was delightfully quiet.

Unlike others, we found the staff to be very friendly and smiling. When we left for dinner one night, I pointed out to the young girl at the reception that Dalat is very cold. She asked if I´d like to borrow her jacket, which I happily accepted, as I have no warm clothes on this trip at all. Quite a sweet gesture, if you ask me.

Lots of people seem to have had money stolen from their rooms. We always had all our money on us, so luckily no experience of theft. Hopefully, they´ve learnt their lesson.

THe downsides of the hotel are that the pillows are quite smelly and the hot water comes and goes. Also, there´s no wifi in the rooms, but downstairs has computers for guests to use for free.

I´d recommend this hotel for someone on a budget for a night or two. The room was ok clean, though a bit smelly (the window was stuck, so you couldn´t open it). The rates are very cheap.

Room Tip: Rooms at the very back have nice views over the city and are very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Based on the LP review I decided to give it a try.

The room sice was ok and the price seemed reasonable.

But the staff (especially the older lady, most likely the boss) was very unfriendly and quite obviously house keeping stole money from my room! As I confronted them with this fact they just told me they won't do anything about it. Not even talk to the house keeping staff.

Thus, don't stay there!