“Good value hotel in central location”
Review of Phuong Hanh Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Da Lat
Phuong Hanh Hotel
Ranked #82 of 285 Da Lat B&B and Inns
Greensboro, NC
“Good value hotel in central location”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I had a very good experience at Phuong Hanh. I stayed here because my bus dropped me off in front of the hotel so figured I would see a room, and for $10/night it is a great value. My room has 2 double beds, a fridge, cable tv, clean bathroom, table and chairs and a balcony with extras like toothbrushes, slippers and a phone. Also the location is very central. The only complaint is that somehow the lobby actually magnifies the noise from outside so it is very, very loud in the lobby and it was up in my room on the second floor as well (echoing up from the lobby). It was not bad at night, but early in the morning it was distruptive. I was concerned from other reviews about theft so told them I didnt need my room cleaned and did not have any issues. In fact, I was very impressed with the service as they went above and beyond to help me when I left my jacket on the bus (I assume they have some sort of affiliation since the bus dropped us at their hotel). They called and found it, and one of the guys went on his motorbike to the bus station to get it for me. They asked for 20,000 dong (less than $1) for this which I think is very reasonable to cover gas and such. If they had not asked for 20,000 dong i would have tipped them much more for their help. When checking out, the lady was obviously tragically bad at math as she first undercharged me, then overcharged me, and onward until I had to do the math for her and then she had trouble figuring out change as well. Definitely do not think she was trying to rip me off she was just really bad at math and should have a calculator. I had laundry done and it was fine, no problems except they didnt get a tea stain out of my scarf. Booked an onward bus ticket to Nha Trang for 120,000 with them as well. Overall, fantastic value for money at this hotel, especially if you have 2-4 people in your group.

Room Tip: If you dont mind the stairs, perhaps one on a higher floor would be quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Yes the hotel is very cheap, 12$ for 3, but the staff was very agressive and impolite with us. They told us that we could use the dvd player without any extra fee and when we asked for it she wanted us to pay extra and yelled at us because we did not want to pay the extra since at the begining it was suppose to be include. Also the hotel is very old, when we sat on our bed, the bed broke....

Room Tip: If you are really on a tight budget and have to stay here because it is probably the cheapest, barga...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alexandra R

Travellers are raving about these Da Lat hotels

na
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The room was nice, comfortable with a good view and a good price ($12). But the older woman that ran the place was dishonest. We bought a bus ticket back to Nha Trang through them (on a nice, big air-conditioned bus). The day of our bus, they knocked on our door very early in the morning and said our regular bus had a "problem" and that we had to take another bus. That's fine, but they ended up throwing us on a completely packed mini-bus with no A/C and charged us the same price, 120,000 dong (we had already paid). We saw people coming on the bus that were paying 25,000 dong. Total ripoff. Also, another of the ladies on staff tried to sell us a train ticket that was 50% higher price than the normal price. So yeah, it's a good place for the rooms, but be careful with the staff, especially if you book transportation or tours through them. Honestly, I prefer to give my money to people that aren't looking to rip me off. There are plenty of nice, affordable hotels in Dalat.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Geraldine L
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here in April and upon leaving I realised I had left my back up purse with some documents, money and two usb keys with all our photos on in the room. We phoned the hotel the same day to ask if they had found them and our motorbike driver spoke to them, however they were very unhelpful, saying I should check my bag. I have emailed and contacted them a number of times since, all I would like back is the usb sticks which cannot be replaced. Receptionist brushes off my queries saying she has checked with house keeping, but they have definately been kept by some member of staff. Very disappointed as recommended in Lonely planet with reference to helpful staff.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rosie m
Bangkok
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Positives:
Motorbike hire was great.
Massive room for the price.
Large windows, good fridge.

Negatives:
Tried to overcharge us. Very good motorbike hire. Not very helpful. High pressure sale for tours.
WiFi was really bad. It was slow, the password they gave us would not work.
Bathroom flooded everyday, they would not fix it.
Rooms were not serviced, we had to ask for toilet paper and towels.
Staff were pushy about booking their tours.
Staff woke us up late at night to deliver our washing which could have waited till morning.
They lost some of our clothes.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 980Jim980
Melbourne
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Following the Lonely Planet recommendation to this hotel, I decided to give it a try and as it turns out, I highly recommend it! The rooms are very clean and spacious with cable TV and a great view of the city. The bathroom had a huge bathtub/spa! The service was very good, they speak good English and they were very friendly offering tours and advice around Dalat. They have a tour desk down at the reception offering great tours. (I went on the country side one) There is wifi throughout the hotel, and also a few computers down at the reception area. The price was great, pretty cheap if you ask me.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the front of the hotel, there's a great view and also on the first few floors...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2012

It is a nice hotel in the city, it takes only a few minutes to the centre of the city. The room is quite cheap compared to other hotels, they have many beautiful rooms and the best of all the you can use the computer for free! In the hotel you can book a ticket for tour and exchange money. Everything you need , they have it . It is the best hotel i ever been to in vietnam.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family