“Nice hotel, but don't give my number to an easy rider.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Dalat Plaza Hotel

Dalat Plaza Hotel
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Da Lat
“Nice hotel, but don't give my number to an easy rider.”
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

This Hotel is what you expect from a best western, clean, presentable, etc. However two things first the safe would not work and they would not send anyone up to fix it even after numerous requests. This was only a small thing as we were only staying there for two days.
However the thing which anoyed me was that I was awoken by a call at 7.30 from reception telling my easy rider was down stairs waiting for me. My mobile phone has already rang twice. I had already informed the staff member the night before that the organized tour leaving at 8.00 was to early for me. He took my phone no. and said maybe he could arrange something later. I did not actually know that this meant give your number to someone I has never met before and who was going to start ringing me at 7.00 in the morning.
Would I stay here again, no, staff need to get their priorities sorted.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had 2 nights in this hotel with my friends. Normally i come to Dalat to stay in villa around the city but this time i want to change... This hotel has good location, room is just average & breakfast is not good. We came Dalat early in the morning & left our luggage there as room was not available for early check in. We asked them to let us know if any room available for a child of my friend to rest but they didn't call us until 2pm as hotel's rule.
The staffs there are not too much friendly like other hotel i stayed. Anyone want a good location to stay should stay this hotel i think.

Room Tip: To hire a bike to ride around Dalat is better than to take a taxi. Very near this hotel there is a b...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ThienNguyen1012
Kingscliff NSW
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Took the airport transfer service for AU$2 - and was conveniently dropped at the hotel. Front desk staff was courteous and despite my early arrive (09.00) was given a room immediately. Room was large and fitted with all the necessities - including free in-room internet connection. My room overlooked the lake, gardens and toward the main square/market complex. Hotel does not have in-room AC - which I understand in Dalata is not needed becasue of the altitude. I expect you may have to open the windows if it gets really hot in the summer. In General - room was spotless and very comfortable for a 2 night stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the town/lake
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Universal
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed here with our kids for 2 nights to see the countryside of Vietnam.

Check- in was quite fast and efficient after a 3hr trip from Nha Trang and lots of motion sickness. Reception was friendly and knowledgable about the area.

Rooms were average and catered for your basic needs. Clean bedding, showers had the best water pressure we've experienced in Vietnam. Bad lighting in bathrooms which made it dark.

Unfortunately breakfast was a big let down. I checked the previous reviews on tripadvisor and agree it is catered mostly for Asians . We only had eggs for the 2 days and limited choice of fruit.

If you're not big on breakfast and is looking for a basic place close to downtown and as a base to explore Dalat then this is for you.

The service truly makes up for everything else this hotel lacks. The best part was that the hotel has its own private van with a driver that took us around at our leisure to explore this beautiful city at $50 for the day. That was real value for money. At the end of the day you remember the service and the people that go out of their way to make your visit memorable.

• Stayed June 2012
Chiavenna, Italy
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We chose the hotel because of the good price and the excellent location. The room was very spacious but a bit "smelly" (old/humid...). Hotel seems also not so new. Staff was friendly and helpful, they booked for us a motorbike, which was the best choice to visit Dalat. One night was enough tough and we were happy to come back to the sea! Breakfast was not sufficient and not very various. I think we wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jade A

Travellers are raving about these Da Lat hotels

Seattle
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We had an outstanding stay at this hotel. The staff was wonderful and made the difference for us. They arranged a private tour with the new property vehicle and English speaking driver. The room was spacious and clean, and we loved the location next to the lake and a short walk from the main town. Breakfast is mostly for Asians but when we asked they custom cooked a western style breakfast for us at no charge. I really think if you ask, the staff is very accomodating and tries hard to make your stay memorable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MYGC
uk
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We had a beautiful big room amd lovely bathroom, everywhere very clean. The reception staff were really friendly and helpful. The location is brilliant, right by the lake but in walking distance of the market etc.
We had booked room only ( couldnt believe the price!)but decided to have breakfast - again very cheap.The downside was the breakfast was geared more to Asian taste than Western, however after walking around the buffet and telling the waitress there was nothing we liked ( apart from tomatoes, crusty bread, toast, jam etc) they cooked us a pile of bacon and eggs and brought them to our table and even came back with seconds ! Very impressed. Would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We booked through Agoda and couldnt fault the room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple