“Great value for money....”
Review of Dalat Plaza Hotel

Dalat Plaza Hotel
Ranked #33 of 86 Hotels in Da Lat
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Best Western Dalat Plaza hotel's location is convenient to walk around. The staff are friendly though sometimes the language barrier is more evident over the phone. The receptionists are helpful and recommended some good restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast is adequate but not elaborate. I think they cater more for the asian travelling coaches. Ensure to have a room with a window as there are no ventilations or air conditioning in this hotel. The traffic noise is constant. We have unwittingly chosen a long weekend to stay in Dalat so there were alot of local visitors and Chinese tourists in the hotel and it was quite noisy as it was tile floored throughout the hotel. Overall, Best Western offers reasonable rates and you get what you paid for.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 September 2012

It's really worth being recommended!! Their staffs are very friendly, I saw some Vietnamese behaving unreasonably to them, but they always treated customers with patience. And their location is just next to the Xuong Huong Lake and the church (less than 10 mins walk). It's a 3-star hotel, but we (including all my friends) think that is even better than some 4-star hotels!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2012

The room is clean, Minibar cheaper than outside, Noisy from tour.
You can rent the motorbike from receptionist, the road way & road name little bit confuse and it's raining all day long so better take your coat / umbrella before going out.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The kind of hotel you'd expect from Best Western, clean, presentable but lacking any kind of soul. Maybe that's a little unfair but sometimes the staff were a little hard to deal with, friendly and warm, but weren't always on the ball. The rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable, I appreciate these kind of hotels giving the guests free internet which 5 stars like the Sheraton, to their shame, still charge for. The location is very nice, smack bang in the middle of Dalat and near the lake. Breakfast was the usual Vietnamese affair, a few token western items thrown in, (but pasta! in the morning!) but generally I really liked it here. A few minor problems, the corridor music which plays from speakers outside the rooms and can be heard with the door closed. It's terrible, cheesy saxophone music, most of it sounds like what you'd hear in an elevator and it's not classy which maybe they think it is. It's liable to get stuck in your head! Finally we booked a ticket on a bus to Nha Trang, we did this through the reception desk on the 1st day, the 2nd day we spoke to a different lady and asked about the tickets and some confusion arose, the 3rd day we were taken to the bus station and told by the lady at the bus station window our bus would be at 11.15 and 280,000 Dong. Suspicious I asked her where the 'reserved' tickets were destined to take us to....Saigon. I don't know how they got mixed up but I quickly rescinded this and bought tickets to Nha Trang. We should have just bought our own tickets when we first arrived. I think the communication between staff members and their English level, although they do try, it can be a challenge so be careful if you book anything. Oh and we rented a motorbike which was cheaper than other hotels offer and a very good bike, this was great for travelling around Dalat.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This hotel has great location and the staff are helpful. The hotel is close to the lake and market. We took early morning walk everyday by the lake. That's the only reason I would recommend this hotel to other. However I am not very happy about the cleanliness of the room. You can see dust around the edge of the room, the 1st room we booked smell bad. the room is small with a small double size bad for 2 people. We asked to move to another room which didn't have bad smell but still not very clean. The other room we booked for our 2 daughter has 2 double beds which was bigger room with the same price. They liked their room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

This Hotel is what you expect from a best western, clean, presentable, etc. However two things first the safe would not work and they would not send anyone up to fix it even after numerous requests. This was only a small thing as we were only staying there for two days.
However the thing which anoyed me was that I was awoken by a call at 7.30 from reception telling my easy rider was down stairs waiting for me. My mobile phone has already rang twice. I had already informed the staff member the night before that the organized tour leaving at 8.00 was to early for me. He took my phone no. and said maybe he could arrange something later. I did not actually know that this meant give your number to someone I has never met before and who was going to start ringing me at 7.00 in the morning.
Would I stay here again, no, staff need to get their priorities sorted.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had 2 nights in this hotel with my friends. Normally i come to Dalat to stay in villa around the city but this time i want to change... This hotel has good location, room is just average & breakfast is not good. We came Dalat early in the morning & left our luggage there as room was not available for early check in. We asked them to let us know if any room available for a child of my friend to rest but they didn't call us until 2pm as hotel's rule.
The staffs there are not too much friendly like other hotel i stayed. Anyone want a good location to stay should stay this hotel i think.

Room Tip: To hire a bike to ride around Dalat is better than to take a taxi. Very near this hotel there is a b...