Saphir Dalat Hotel
US$59
Agoda.com
US$75
US$73
All reviewssoy milkfour poster bedeuropean stylecold weatherbreakfast roombeautiful citythe ownernight marketdalat marketasia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We paid $35 a night. And for that price, it was good (overall).
Good: big room, big bed, nice bathroom, tv (with cable). Location central. Nice decor, looks like a castle. Free supper (7-9pm). Free warm milk delivered to room at night. Good breakfast (Vietnamese).
Bad: Sometimes feels quite eerie, the hotel was very quiet when we went. No AC or fan, so it got quite hot at night. Front desk staff a little frosty.

Overall, we enjoyed our time there but for $35 a night you shouldn't expect 5*.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lukeyp86
Reviewed 7 March 2014

we originally a had room reserved in Dalat which was very disappointing to us, It had rock hard mattresses and so noisy it would be impossible to sleep. we managed to arrange a room at the Saphir at midnight and moved to this hotel and were sooo happy we did! It reminded us of a castle, beautifully decorated and super helpful staff. We did have to be moved to a new room in the morning because our water did not work , but they took care of that instantly. It was very quiet at night and the beds were huge and comfortable. The included breakfast was the biggest selection I have ever seen anywhere in the world. It was amazing to say the least. Be sure to try the peach-cucumber juice-I called it "nectar of the Gods"! On our 2nd day there, they arranged a private tour for us in a classic car and we spent 8 hours doing several fun activities. We wished the driver would have spoken a little more English, but we managed, and he was always extremely polite and "at our service" at all times. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam M
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel looked quite nice when we were booking but unfortunately were very disappointed, I think the place was once quite fancy but now its pretty run down now, food was terrible, rooms smelt and were unbearably hot and the noise at night was horrible. There are much better places in Dalat and I'm sorry we didnt choose one of them

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed 17 February 2014

A ghastly hotel. Stained sheets and a stubborn mouldy cabbage smell. Questionable linen and no heating. The entire hotel has an eery chill. We were so cold at night that my girlfriend had to purchase thermals and sleep in her jacket. The shower dripped constantly. The tv didn't work at all. The staff barely spoke English, and we're exceptionally un-helpful. I can appreciate the aim for' French charm' however this hotel seriously needs some modern day amenities. Blizzarly, the quaint lodge by day becomes a youth karaoke spot by night! The sound of 'singing' kept us up! Tiny room too, couldn't even open our suitcases. Best avoided.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hayley E
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Superficially the hotel is impressive. Design is antique style with old retro cars parked around the hotel and antique like fittings. My room was large and the bed was huge (two queen sized beds joined together), but the room was very dimly lit, quite cold as it was January, with no heater? Bathroom reminded me of my grandfathers outside toilet, which is not a good thing. Lift was slow and at times just didn't work. My room was next to the staff area and was thus very noisy at times. Breakfast was an good spread of average quality food. The owners need to focus on comfort rather than the aesthetics of the building. I would not stay here again, not because it was terrible, but because, I suspect there are better hotels in Dalat.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends