“Best food in Dalat”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Impressive place. Fantastic food. Bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. Only drawback is that getting there pretty much requires a taxi. Reservations may be necessary-it was almost full when we were there.

1  Thank JpnMan

Reviewed 26 December 2011

very beautiful place. Will come again if ever in Dalat

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Lovely building & very good food. A lot of fish on the menu (it's Vietnam I know but I don't like fish). Expensive wine but food prices reasonable (total bill $90). Top end Vietnamese restaurant.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

Save up $ and hunger as this is one of the outstanding Vietnamese restaurants. No other restaurant in Dalat can be compared and it only moderately expensive. The building and gardens are superb.

1  Thank Ray R
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed two nights in Dalat in May 2011. We tried a number of restaurants recommended on Tripadvisor and in the Lonely Planet (including Da Quy and V Cafe). We came across Nam Phan when walking around the french district one day. I am really surprised that no-one before now has reviewed it as it was by FAR the best food we had in Dalat, and some of the best we had in our month long trip around Vietnam. (I'm equally surprised that so many people rate Da Quy and V Cafe - Da Quy is ok, but it's pretty average, and the pizza I had in V Cafe was doughy and oily, the worst I've had in years).

Nam Phan is not on the tourist trail and feels more aimed at well-off Vietnamese. It's situated in a beautiful french mansion on the hill, with beautiful views over the lake. It's very stylishly decorated and the balcony (where there are just three tables) is great for a special occasion.

We were there off-season, on a Monday night and so were the only people there all night! It was a bit weird being the only ones there but we got excellent service as a result.

The food is delicious and the portions massive. My boyfriend is vegetarian and found it easy to find interesting things to eat. I kept the receipt so can tell you that we had:
Starters
Shrimps & Pork Pan-Cake Served with Fresh Vegetable (75,000 Dong/$3.6)
Gia Đinh Style of Pan-cake (79,000 Dong/$3.8)
Mains
Stir Fried Scallop with Cashew Nuts in Birds Nest of Noodle (159,000 Dong/$7.6)
Deep-Fried Tofu & Tomato Sauce (99,000 Dong/$4.75)
Stir Fried Morning Glory with Vietnamese Cheese (79,000 Dong/$3.8)
Garlic Fried Rice (65,000 Dong/$3.1)

With a bottle of wine at 1,074,000 Dong/$50 (I splurged!), VAT at 10% and service at 7% the total bill was 2,006,785 Dong/$96. For the quality of the food, service and place I would say it's actually really good value, especially if you're celebrating a special ocassion. Enjoy!

p.s. Their website has photos and their menu: http://www.khaisilkcorp.com/restaurants/namphan/dl-index.html

3  Thank kheaton