“Lovely position”

Dalat Edensee Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Da Lat
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Edensee Resort has a lovely position on the lake shore with views to the water from the individual bungalows, each of which have 4 suites. We had booked a family room which has two bedrooms as I was traveling with my mother and despite this we were allocated a one bedroom suite with a double bed. Eventually we were moved to a family room and this second room was much closer to the main building where the restaurant is located. This was fortunate as my mother is 80 years old and has difficulty walking up/down steep slopes, of which there are plenty at Edensee Resort. There is also a golf buggy service here which you can call for transportation around the resort but it was convenient being able to walk the short distance involved from our suite.

The breakfast was satisfactory and was a la carte as there did not seem to be sufficient guests for a buffet. Choice was limited and service slow considering we were almost the only guests in the restaurant.

The views of the lake are spectacular from the panorama terrace on the top floor of the main building and well worth a visit. While the location is a bit out of town it was lovely and quiet and put you in the right frame of mind for a relaxing time in Dalat.

1  Thank aussiecan

Reviewed 15 April 2013

A beautiful hotel in stunning surroundings - the hotel is built around a lake with fantastic views from everywhere within the resort. Rooms are simply superb; we stayed in a family suite which had two separate bedrooms, a huge bathroom and separate en-suite shower room in the second bedroom. All the rooms are well decorated with great beds, tv's everywhere (including the bathroom) and remote controlled fires for the colder months (the resort is at 1500m so is much cooler and less humid that the coast or Saigon). The food in the restaurant was excellent, beautifully prepared and presented; all the staff that we came into contact with were very pleasant, polite and helpful at all times.

The hotel is a little out of the city (possibly a good thing...?) but only a few minutes by taxi takes you into the heart of Dalat. We only stayed for a couple of days but would have been happy to stay longer - the only downside was that the pool was not open while we were there but I understand that this was due to repairs and would be open again by the end of April 2013.

Overall a fantastic place to stay if you want to get away from it all and relax - but if you wanted a little more excitement there was indoor golf, snooker, billiards etc... and, of course, the stunning grounds to spend hours walking around.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

You know how sometimes you organise something for someone, and you want it to be really perfect? Sometimes it’s not as good as you thought it would be, other times it turns out OK, but every now and again it’s above and beyond your expectations? Well I’ve just had a weekend that was above and beyond my expectations.
I have lived in Da Nang for five and a half years. I don’t miss England a jot, but I do miss my family. At the moment my sister and my niece are here with me for a 3-week holiday, and I love them to bits. I wanted to give them a very special weekend during their visit, and as I had heard good things about Da Lat I thought this would be a good opportunity to go there. I chose the Edensee Resort and Spa simply because of their wonderful website (I know!), and I was not disappointed. I knew the moment we walked out of the airport that this weekend was going to be something special. There, among all the drivers who were waiting to collect their guests was Mr Nam, the Edensee’s driver. He stood out from the rest, not only because of his beautiful uniform (which looked like a pilot’s) but because of my name + family, printed and in a gold frame. What a welcome! We were escorted to a beautiful 7-seater car, with cold drinks and towels, and enjoyed a 30 minute drive to the resort. The only word to describe the drive, the resort, and the welcome is ‘Wow’!
The whole place is a dream, and it is exactly how it looks on the website. What impressed me the most was the attention to detail everywhere. It was just stunning. All the furniture and fittings are of the highest standard and quality, and everything about the resort is immaculate and special - right down to the way the towels in the toilets are rolled! I have been lucky enough to stay in some beautiful hotels around the world but I don’t think I have ever stayed in a place that was so spotlessly clean, or where the staff were so professional, friendly, courteous, attentive, and eager to please. It was obvious how proud they were to work in such a magnificent setting, and I know from talking to them that they love their jobs. I’m not going to describe the resort in detail, or add photographs, because everything really is exactly how it appears on the website. What the website doesn’t show, however, is the professionalism of the staff or the quality of the food and the way it is so beautifully presented and served. The breakfasts were fantastic with a wide choice to suit all tastes, including the most delicious breads and pastries I’ve ever had in Viet Nam. We had dinner in the resort on our second night, and wished we’d done so on the first instead of eating in the city. The service and quality was unbelievable, and we felt like royalty. At one point I said to the waiter “I feel like a VIP!”. He replied that all guests at Edensee are VIPs. How lovely is that?
My sister and niece will go back to England next week with special memories of Viet Nam, and extra special memories of the Edensee. Thank you to the Manager and all the staff for such a perfect weekend.

Carole, Da Nang

1  Thank CVKDaNang
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Just left this hotel after an amazing 2 nights. The hotel is quite out of the way but in my opinion this is a good thing. The views are to die for and the ambience of the hotel really helps you to chill out. The family suite was probably the best I have stopped in with huge rooms and modern facilities. The fireplace, controlled by remote control, was not needed in April but a cosy addition to the room The hotel was very empty when we were there or at least it felt that way! The restaurant was fantastic. The food was presented beautiful and high quality. All staff were very friendly. The only negative was that there was no outside pool and the indor pool was not operational when we were there and our 7year old was disappointed. Other than that I would highly recommend this hotel. Such a beautiful retreat from hectic life and would love to visit again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here for three days and two nights with two other friends in September 2012. The weather wasn't good as it was raining most of the time. However, the hotel staff made sure that we were all comfortable and still enjoyed our stay. They were very nice, warm and friendly. Our room has all the trappings of a modern 5 star hotel. It has a fireplace, a huge bathroom and a balcony. The resort is an ideal place to destress/detoxify and get in touch with nature. I particularly enjoyed the beautiful landscape, Tuyen Lam lake and the fresh mountain air. It is a bit far from the town center, but the beauty and serenity of Dalat Edensee will not encourage you to look for other places outside the resort. However, the resort has a shuttle that would take guests to the town center. This is a fantastic hideaway, and an ideal place for retreat. I would love to visit the resort again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Nice room and fantastic bathroom with every thing you need,fantastique hotel proprety !!!, quiet fresh air.
.reception not friendly you expect better for your first contact with the hotel.
Breakfast and presention not to good ,not at the level of e 5 star,but nice balcony for breakfast.
I strongly believed this hotel can be one of the top hotel in dalat.
Recommande for people want quiet and fresh air.
Litle far from the city but you have shulter to go dalat and comback to the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed at this resort in late September as the summer months were about to draw to an end. Even though, at times the resort was quite busy with conferences and special events, they're still able to keep the premise quiet and serene as ever so guest can enjoy the freshness of mountain air, the solitude of the serene Tuyen Lam lake below. Each room and villa is meticulously positioned toward the lake to make sure the guest's view of the lake is at best. With a heavy European accented decoration theme, each room is equipped with a nice fireplace, a huge and nice bathroom with modern and top notch shower and bathtub. Hotel staff also offered outstanding customer services to make sure your stay as comfortable and as relaxing as possible. Even though the hotel is about 20 min drive to Dalat market but the whole point staying at Dalat Edensee is to enjoy the pine forest, the mountain, the lake and the resort itself.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends