“An average but clean and convenient budget hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phuong Huy 1 Dalat Hotel

Phuong Huy 1 Dalat Hotel
Ranked #152 of 261 Da Lat B&B and Inns
Monroe, Connecticut
“An average but clean and convenient budget hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed at the Phuong Huy 1 Hotel for 2 nights in August, 2012.
My overall impressions are that this is a good budget hotel and that I received a good value for my stay, but that it is plain and unremarkable. If you are looking for a simple hotel to stay a few nights in Dalat as I was, then it may be just what you are looking for.

For around $8 I stayed in room 303.This room was rather small and did not have any windows. The bed and blankets were comfortable though, and there is also a writing desk and chair, a small refrigerator, and a fan in the room. While clean overall, there were some mildew stains on the ceiling and the pipe leading to the shower head leaked a bit. This room also got a bit stuffy after using the hot shower.

If you are considering this hotel, you may prefer one of the rooms located in the front or rear of the building (there are only 3 or so rooms on each floor and it is a very narrow 3 story building). I took a peek at one of the rooms in the front of the building and besides having a nice big window, it was larger as well. Had it been available I would have chosen this room.

No breakfast is provided by the hotel but the street the hotel is located on has many places to get a bit to eat.
The location of the hotel is decent, though it is a big higher up Bui Thi Xuan Street than many other hotels and is therefore slightly further from Central Dalat and the lake. But the location suited me fine.

The hotel manager was friendly and helpful after I checked-in and upon check-out. He even gave me a last minute discount after we chatted for a bit! He also provided me with a map of Dalat with the attractions circled (although it wasn't a very good map, it still was useful).

I'd stay here again if I were in Dalat, but I am sure many other hotels are comparable to this one or better.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front and rear of the building are larger and have windows, while those on the side of...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Pjsalt
The Anh C, Chủ sở hữu at Phuong Huy 1 Dalat Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2016
We, Phương Huy 1 Dalat Hotel, thanks alot for your Letter. We're sorry anything when you stayed with us. It was August, 2012. At Present, we has renewed all facilities. But the Price is always the same of the past (2012).
Now, we have others hotel (the same name is Phương Huy): Phương Huy 2 Dalat Hotel - 2 star, Phương Huy 3 Dalat Guest house. (All the hotel in Bui Thi Xuan Street, they are near from Central of the Dalat City by 5 mins_walking)
At this time, we have managed all information from Tripadvisor.com for Phương Huy Hotel group.
Welcome you or your friends come back to Dalat city.
We will discount 50% of the cost if you have recommended to stay with us by Email (before 2 days to check in). Our Email is "info@phuonghuyhotel.com" Which the name is "Pjsalt's friend, the person used to stay at Phuong Huy 1 Hotel by August 2012.
Thanks and good luck!