“Feel at home!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 262 Da Lat B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Feel at home!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

A very nice place running by nice family.

The staffs are very helpful and can speak English fluently especially son and daughter of the house owner.

They treat you like a friend or a relative. You can ask for anything you want, if they can do it for you, they ll do it, if they cannot do it for you, they ll try their best to help you.

The location is good, about 2 km. from city center. You can also see the big Buddha from the hotel window.

The house is very clean and the price is very reasonable!

I ll visit there again for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joliefur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

The room was absolutely lovely, until night-time. It was very cold at night (early February).

The breakfast menu is limited, but we climbed up the hill to Phu Dong Thien Vuong (PDTV) and found, down to the left, a great place for Bun Bo Hue. Up the hill to the right is also an excellent rice/noodle restaurant, especially for its chicken, Hien Ty (39 PDTV).

Beautiful garden.

The location is a long way from the middle of Dalat, but they have motorbikes for rent and a taxi to the market is only US$2 (40,000 dong).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

While planning for my trip to Dalat with my fiancee, i was on the look out for a property that was not too far from the city center yet provided a nice, quiet conducive environment away from the hustle and bustle of the busy center. To be honest, I happen to be quite a picky traveller who prefer to take my time to research and find out good hotels that are not the usual run-of-the-mill budget hotels or B&B.

After rustling through Agoda and comparing reviews from both Agoda and Trip Advisor against all other properties, i settled on Hoang Loc Villa, which at the time of my booking, already had a good reputation.

I will state categorically that I did not regret my choice.

First Impression :

The villa is Beautiful! Immediately upon stepping through the front gates, you are greeted with a beautiful European style building and a beautifully manicured garden. As you step into the reception area, you immediately feel a sense of familiarity as the Hotel is also the private home of the owner. The Living room was furnished with what you would find in an inviting house. I felt more like a personal guest rather than a hotel guest.

Check-in :

Check in was fast, smooth and the petite reception lady was friendly and processed my check in. As my room was not ready, my fiancee and i requested to rent a motobike ($100,000 VND / day) to explore the city. To my surprise, within 10 minutes, a scooter was parked at the front door and i was handed over the keys to it. So off we went for 3 hours of exploring, when we returned, we were promptly directed to our room.

Rooms :

Throughout our stay we stayed in 2 different rooms, the first room was a small room that was rather cramped (Room 105) but we were pleasantly surprised when on the first evening before we set off to explore Dalat, the hotel owner (A kind lady) personally offered to change our rooms to the bigger ones without us asking, she told us to keep our bags packed neatly the next morning and while we are out, her staff will transfer our belongings over to the new room for us!

My guess is that the room was actually a makeshift room and was only used in the event the hotel was overbooked. I felt it was a nice touch of hospitality. We were actually satisfied with the first room, but their genuine act of kindness was really a step forward in the right direction for the hotel.

The second room (Room 103) was big, like the first room. the bed was extremely comfortable and the furnishing were made of Pine wood which gave the room a very pleasant, natural scent. Cable Selection was vast and included many popular cable Tv channels such as Discovery, HBO and MTV.

The toilets were big, spacious and the Hot water can get VERY hot (A word of caution :) ) Which i believe is a good thing!

Location :

Located a bit further off from the main city area around Cho Dalat, you will actually appreciate the distance. It is highly recommended that you rent a motobike to explore the city. I enjoyed the quiet and peaceful ride back to the Hotel. There are alot of foodstalls along the road and a supermarket located nearby as there is a University located just 5 minutes from the property, so it should not be a problem to get some delicious Bun Bo Hue when the hunger pangs strike!

***

Also, buy some fresh fruits from the market and eat them in the Hotel's beautiful garden, it really adds to the experience. :)

Will i come back? YES INDEED! I am already planning a trip back to Dalat with my parents and without a doubt, i will stay at Hoang Loc again!

Random Tips : As the rooms do not have a heater installed, do not leave the windows too big as it can get pretty cold at night and in the early mornings.

Also, wake up as early as you can to explore Dalat. You will appreciate the crisp morning mountain air.

The sun usually rises at around 5.30am and it generally gets dark by 6pm.

Room Tip: It is my believe that every room in Hoang Loc is a good room.