“Just Like Paris, pushy and unfriendly!”
Review of Paris Hotel

Paris Hotel
Paris Hotel
Ranked #123 of 397 Da Lat B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel is badly located, the rooms are clean and manageable, but the staff when they were present, which wasn't very often were pushy, even though their English was bad and barely understandable, trying to force tours on me that I didn't want, they only seemed interested in my money and nothing else. I stayed 1 night and moved on

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy T

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We travelled as a family of 5 with three kids. We booked a room with 4 double bed and the hotel provided us with extra mattress for the 5th person at no charge. We had a room with beautiful view looking across the river. Hotel location was walking distance to Dalat market and night market. Hotel was run by family and they live on site so all our needs were tended to. They even offered more blankets on cold nights even though we didn't even think of asking. Staff was helpful and checking in and out was no hassles

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChiPhuong
Reviewed 21 January 2014

While the room was clean and good but the service was terrible. The staff weren't helpful and didn't speak English. They kept pushing tours and other expenses onto to us. I felt all they wanted was money from us.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank myten c
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel itself is fine: nice rooms and an OK location on walking distance of the city center. But a really bad experience: hotel staff doesn't speak English and tell you to meet someone who will tell you something about the hotel and Dalat. This person tried to force us into doing certain trips. This felt really bad to us: we walked out on him. We weren't able to communicate in English with the hotel staff. Very big difference from the hospitality we experienced everywhere else in Vietnam.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The location was not great for me. The room was OK, but the staff were practically non-existent. A little unfortunate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Paris Hotel is the perfect base for your Dalat visit. The location is excellent - only a 5 minute walk to the lake and just 10 minutes to the market and all the restaurants. It's decently quiet (this is Vietnam, after all, with its nonstop construction and motorbikes running at all hours of the day!). The finishings of this hotel are beautiful and feel high-end for the price, especially the big warm blanket to keep you warm in the cool Dalat weather at night. Rooms are spacious and clean. Wifi is great, and the service is wonderful. The family that owns it speaks little English, but they are so friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us adding on extra nights during a busy season, moving rooms for us due to a shower drain issue, etc. They are so sweet, and their baby and pugs are adorable! Only downside is water temp - you only get 10 minutes of hot water, and it takes awhile to reheat for the next person. Pillows also aren't the best. Nonetheless, I would stay here again in a second!

Room Tip: Spring for one with a balcony. It will probably be a little louder since it's streetside, but w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The room was big and super clean (a very sweet, smiling cleaning lady came every day), the bed and the linen was comfortable and the shower had a great "schwosch". I also had a cute balcony with city view plus a little table where I could sit drinking tea for free. All the details in the well-kept room felt quite luxurious, new and very French (but stay in this kind of hotel in Paris, France, and you will be ruined, haha). I spent a lot of time in my room and enjoyed it. The staff was really friendly and laughing (sooo NOT like the people on the street, always screaming/proposing/trying to sell you everything from strange motors to clothing). The language barrier was not a problem, because I got what I needed and the most important thing – the staff were very warm and genuine. The location was good. And the price: 4 nights, 4 bottles of water, laundry + bus ticket to Mui Ne = 94 dollars. Feels ok because the stay was so good. Couples and families who visit the country for only a few weeks and have more money than me (I am traveling for seven months) might not be as thrilled as me but I thought this was a fantastic place. Loved it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo