“Budget place but very helpful owner”
Review of My Dream Hotel

My Dream Hotel
Ranked #13 of 301 Da Lat B&B and Inns
“Budget place but very helpful owner”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

If you're travelling on a tight budget you can't go wrong with this hotel. Its very centrally located in Da Lat and the rooms were clean. Unfortunately it was a little too basic for our needs, though we probably should have realised that from the price! The lady owner however was a star - she did us a lovely breakfast and helped to organise a coach out of Da Lat to Phang Rang (we wanted to escape Da Lat quickly - the town and weather didn't really do anything for us)!

In summary, if you really want to see Da Lat (not sure if I'd recommend going there) and your budget is tight, this is a good choice of hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Queensland
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We saw some of the other rooms in this hotel and they looked really nice. if you can afford the extra few dollars a night, I would avoid the top floor room (which is only $10/ night for a double bed, including breakfast). The bathroom is literally the size of a small closet. The mattress springs poke out uncomfortably. A mediocre room all together (and the price reflects that). The breakfast was good except for the baguettes...on our first morning, I found several small animal hairs in the top crack of my bread. I thought it was a fluke, but the next morning there was a whole TUFT of hair in the bread crack. Inspect carefully - our replacement pieces looked ok until we looked carefully and found a hair or two on each. I don't think they bake their own bread, so would seriously hope that they switch bread suppliers (I brought the hairs to their attention).

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stay only for one night, but the hotel was great and clean :D, and the staff? they not friendly but more liike family :D like this hotel so much and will come again if I visit Dalat... near this hotel there was some restaurant for vegetarian or chicken, so for muslim you can eat easily :D and the room was great with towel, hot water, etc

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
melaa
Reviewed 9 November 2013

this hotel has many plus points. You have good and friendly staff to attend to your needs. The hoel staff speaks english so it's easy to deal with them. Most importantly the internet connection is good and the location is superb.you wont go wrong choosing this hotel!

Room Tip: Avoid the front room as it is noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a great budget hotel. It is clean and the staff are very helpful and you can see that the owner goes out of her way to make you feel as comfortable as you can. The breakfast is not your usual buffet but is filling and the home made jam is great.

The location is not bad. You are a short walk way from centre town.

In respect of rooms, it can get a bit noisy in the evening if you are in one of the rooms facing the street. So if you are prone to be disturbed by noise take a room in the back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here. The breakfast was nice. The room clean and comfortable. Friendly staff. Although the tourist bus dropped us off in front of this hotel (comission?), we took a look first. The room is value for money, so we stayed here. Thanks to the owner for our nice stay!

• Stayed October 2013
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been travelling for 6 months and my mom just joined us for 3 weeks. This was going to be her first stay in a guesthouse so we wanted it to be decent. After a late bus ride we arrived at 2 in the morning. We were greeted with a smile and the key to our room. The room was spacious, clean, hot water showers, tv, good wifi and a balcony. They also cleaned the room every day. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We wanted to explore the countryside but my mom couldn't drive a scooter. Ms.Ha's son Thi offered to drive her and act as our tour guide. He was FABULOUS!! probably the best guide we have had in our 6 months. They also helped is book our bus tickets to move on. We would stay here again and would recommend others do he same!

• Stayed October 2013