Hoan Hy Hotel
US$175
US$264
US$154
Agoda.com
Binh An Village Dalat(Da Lat)
US$2,080
US$100
US$151
US$92
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I booked this hotel based on it being in the lonely planet book and the average reviews on trip advisor but now wish I hadn't. I arrived to have my passport taken (it only says it needs to be shown on arrival) and they promised to return it to me at 11pm but the girl never came to my room like promised. The passports are left in an open draw at the front desk - do not leave it with them! I got to my room which was full of damp. The towels were damp, the sheets and the walls. The walls were also covered in mould. I had no where else to go and had paid in advance online and was so tired from travelling I stayed. I was bitten from head to toe and awoke at 5am itching all over in-spite of spraying insect repellent and sleeping in a coated liner. The bed sheets were stained and the sheets ha hairs in. The electricity is cut off in the mornings which means you basically become a prisoner in the room If you aren't up and ready - luckily I was - but there was no warning of this by the staff when I arrived. There is no computer to use (there is wifi) but this is the first hotel I have been to without at least 1 communal computer - they did offer to let me use their one but it was behind the reception desk. For the price I was paying the facilities and room were totally unacceptable. I asked the older receptionist on the day I arrived for a map (after being in Vietnam for over 3 weeks every hotel and hostel automatically gave me a card and map and was more than helpful in plotting where I was and suggestion places to go) but they didn't have one. A girl from the bakery was sent to get me a ridiculously big map which the receptionist couldn't plot exactly where the hotel was but in the end highlighted the whole street I was on. When I checked out and explained politely how unhappy I was the young receptionist had the nerve to try and charge me for renting the map. The good thing I can say is that the location is great. Other than that I had a terrible night and its the worst hotel I've stayed in in Vietnam. I won't be going back or recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I am truly impressed by the quality of Hoan Hy Hotel. Stayed here for a week for business and sort of traveling but ended up staying here for only 3 days. The staff was super nice, one of them is from San Francisco, America, so her English was excellent and she helped us with everything whenever we need to. The room was bigger than we expected, the cleaner cleaned it carefully everyday, so I always feel like home. There is also a French bakery located right inside the hotel, so we got to try many kinds of pastry and cakes which are really brilliant to me. Highly recommend this hotel, a 2-star hotel but its location is great, and your budget would love this place!!!

Room Tip: Choose Front View Rooms for a nicer view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tintin D
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

The bathroom was so smelly I had to close the door to stand it. I guess the staff is living in the hotel because they are VERY loud starting from 5am, waking me up every morning. The receptionist was friendly but didn't understand a lot of what we were asking - communicating in English is an issue here.

The bakery downstairs is okay... selling Vietnamese pastry and croissants. The breakfast you can buy here was good (we had the omlet). The staff arranged a motorcycle for us across the street which was the badest we had in Vietnam, but we handled it. They let us check in prior to check in time for an extra cost of 100.000 Dong.

Overall below average and definitly not matching the higher expectations I had reading the reviews. But if you stay for one night, this hotel is really okay for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Nice hotel with good bakery on the flour that serve delicious cake and nice dalat wine
Me and my gf we stay one night overthere..and we found nice and polite staff..nice room...only that we not had city view
good service very near to the center and market
I raccomand this hotel..nice value..

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank cottacarlo
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We planned on staying two nights in Da Lat but ended up staying for three. the room was big and clean with good hot water. Oddly, it smelled of cigarettes, but none of the furnishings did - a previous guest must have been a heavy smoker and not got out much. The bakery downstairs meant that breakfast was always cheap. The room was cleaned every day - and once we accidentally left money out of the safe box, but it wasn't touched, so we felt very secure. We made friends with travelers at the Enjoy Dalat hostel and did a motorbike tour with them - thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple