“Super delicious! Great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 13 Cafe-Bar

13 Cafe-Bar
Ranked #5 of 257 Restaurants in Da Lat
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Serving a mix of Western and Vietnamese food, great coffee and juices, and cheap, plentiful beer, 13 Bar-Cafe is worth a look. We have a beautiful outdoor seating area with lush flowers, fairy lights, and a large avocado tree. Mai, the owner, takes tons of care in her cooking, and uses fresh local ingredients each day. Nearly everything is homemade, and everything is cooked to order, so you can count on a meal filled with love! Chill tunes and good company are also guaranteed!
“Super delicious! Great location!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The lady who owns this place is just gorgeous! It seems that she basically runs the restaurant/cafe/bar by herself. That's why it might take a while to get what you've ordered. But it is definitely worth to wait!!! The food was the best I had during my stay in Vietnam! You should definitely try the Avocado shake ;)! Laid back atmosphere, many flowers around. A beautiful place! In my opinion a must do in Da Lat!

• Czech first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
“More than you can eat BBQ”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I ate here more than once.The manager Mae,was a lovely lady.Very warm and friendly,good fun too.She was very busy lady,allways cooking,entertaining,serving people.The food was gorgeous,and large portions.I ate Vietnamese,as I always do in Vietnam.Nice decor,good music,and at a good price.Cant go wrong here! I recommend this place,top notch.If I ever come back to Dalat,I will come here.

• Visited April 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Workmanlike Quality”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food was sufficient I guess. It will fill your stomach. On the positive side, the atmosphere is pleasant with funky decorations and good music. However, the nachos were, well, not nachos at all. It's actually a potato dish with cheese and tomatoes. And, the menu indicates that the "nachos" are made with Doritos. Do not be fooled. There are no Doritos, and in fact no corn chips at all. Classic bait and switch, comrade. Which leads me to my next point--the 'Nam Nacho Crisis of 2014. All over this country, no one seems to have translated the ingredients for nachos properly. That is, they've totally misunderstood the main ingredient: corn chips. I have seen wheat flour chips, tapioca chips, and now no chips at all, just fried slices of potato. C'est the life in Vietnam. I'm already having flashbacks.

1 Thank José Z
Singapore, Singapore
“good food, good ambience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

headed for an early dinner and had the chicken pho whereas my bf had the boiled potatoes with chicken. servings were huge, lady owner was very generous! she was also very friendly and talked to us for a bit. overall a nice place to just relax in dalat. there were books available, and we spent quite some time just sitting there reading and listening to music. will definitely return again before we leave dalat!

Douglas, United Kingdom
“Best food in Vietnam !”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Decided to eat here as sick of getting stared at by the locals (because I am a westerner)in all the other food eatablishments nearby), I have been travelling round the world these past few months and the food here was by far the best I have had all travels ! I opted for steamed rice with beef and vegatables and to my delight got extras including noodles and a fried egg, it was so delicious I could have had seconds !!! The lady also gave me a free beer as it was her birthday ! Would highly recommend this place it has a really nice ambience about the place too, very chilled out and relaxing !