“A clean and cheap option with capable staff to ensure a good stay in Dalat!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Chau Au Europa
Ranked #41 of 86 Hotels in Da Lat
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We had to move out of another hotel, as the quality and service was horrendous and we got recommended to this hotel.

The gentleman at the desk spoke perfect English and made us feel welcome from the first second we entered the hotel.

There are not elevators, so if you are in a higher floor, you will get your daily workout. The entire building is perfectly maintained and very spacious and clean.

Our room was spacious, clean and bright as well, as it faced the indoor Atrium.
The beds are clean and very good. We had a triple room which was very spacious.
The bathrooms were a true surprise for the money we paid.

A clean and cheap option with capable staff to ensure a good stay in Dalat!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower floor if you don't want to walk to many stairs as there are no elevato...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loopedy

Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

Light and airy place with large clean rooms. It's run by a friendly family who speak excellent English and are happy to help, without any hassle. A standard double is $10, but if you pay a bit extra you can get a massive room with a balcony and great views of Dalat.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I recently returned from a trip to Vietnam and Dalat in particular. I was recommended this hotel and wasn't disappopinted. Duc, the owner who spoke 3 languages went out of his way to make my stay memorable! I had a back room which cost me $12US. The room was clean, comfortable and safe. Duc recommended a very satisfying Dalay Countryside Tour costing 290,000 dong. It was great! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Front has good view, back has good sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank smith_alan_f2011
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Our trip was for a little weekend in Dalat. We stayed here for 3 nights. I'm very picky when it comes to choosing a hotel, and I was not disappointed. It is located in a good area of town, I would feel safe taking a walk around the area of the hotel. We loved the view from our corner room which looked out on Hoa Binh Theatre and could see Xuan Huong lake. The owner and his family were really nice to me, especially his daughter. Everything was just perfect. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank AustinNguyen
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Room was US$25 which was considered not great value, but about right for what we got. The rooms were fine, no complaints. The owner, Duc, was extremely friendly and helpful for us as we toured around Dalat. WiFi in the rooms, and common areas -- strong signal. The main problem I had was I gave them clothes for laundry. It was not until I was checked out and in the next city, did I realize that I had bleach spill stains on my Abercrombie shorts -- ugh. The fault of the cleaner, and not of the hotel itself.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2010

I stayed here for two days and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel manager Duc was very friendly and helped me out in every way. I was on a motorcycle trip up the country and he even helped me build a camera mount for my motorcycle. He organized a nice tour for me as well. The room was big, with a view, clean and very cheap. Right on the market place too.
No negative things to say honestly. Smart place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2010

For Budget conscious. Ok if it's just for one night stay.
Comforter-Sheets were damp.
Windows open up to inside the building for circulation.
NO AC, just a fan on the wall for circulation.
Can not sleep in, can hear the front desk phone and music playing at 5am.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family