“Such lovely hosts...”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Chau Au Europa
Ranked #46 of 90 Hotels in Da Lat
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We came to the honeymoon capital of Vietnam during the highest possible point in the tourist season - Tet - so it was packed. Thankfully we found room here at Europa. More expensive than other options, but worth it in our books. It started from the moment we arrived, with such a lovely welcome from the trilingual French and English-speaking host, who remained so very helpful during our stay. Could not recommend the place more just because of that: he had places for us to eat, things for us to do, and ways for us to negotiate getting around.

Wifi I remember being a little average, breakfast was adequate - coffee was amaze though - on our last day, but room was a little old style hotel lovliness, and the location was great. Dalat is a magical place, and Europa helped to make it a magical stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jared M

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Surprised to read that this institution has been close... it needs to be checked !
A friendly owner who fluently speak French and English. We had a spacious and clean room. Wifi, internet on the ground floor, TV. Everything is there. The hotel is also located close to the city center and market. A restful stopover ...

Room Tip: Ask the Eiffel Tower view with balcony...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolas_P40
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The couple who run this Hotel are very accommodated and helpful.They both speak fluently English and French, willing to help traverlers at anytime that they need and very informative.
Rooms are very clean with big space , high western standard and quiet comfort. Some rooms get nice view to the dowtown such as 3*. Price is very reasonable and affordable compare with
many another one near by.

Room Tip: If you are a group of friends or family traveling , should looking for the triple room - you will ne...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tan P
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in September 2013 in one of the cheaper double rooms with windows facing into the centre of the building. We came here principally for the pleasant helpful staff and budget pricing as recommended by the Lonely Planet and that recommendation does hold true, with one small exception that I will explain later. However, as much as I'd like to rate this place 4-stars for its staff and a comfortable bed with clean cotton linen, at the end there are enough little things to make our experience just average. The room itself is very clean but the bathroom is quite a bit moldy as it's lacking any real ventilation. The hotel provides you with an anti-mosquito appliance you can plug in but unfortunately that didn't manage to repel some other insect (one we didn't manage to see but most certainly not a mosquito) that gave us a good biting both nights. Breakfast is not included in the price of the room and if you decide to eat at the hotel, that will run up your bill quite a bit, making the accommodation much less budget all of a sudden. However, the location of the hotel is very central, so it's understandable you have to pay extra for that.
As I said, the staff is very pleasant and helpful. They speak very good English, so getting a motorbike or booking a bus through them is absolutely no problem. Which brings me to the little helpfulness exception. We booked a bus from Dalat to Hoi An but only at the bus station we were informed that the bus does not go to Hoi An but to a town 30 km further north - Danang. Not a big problem on a journey of 16 hours but we would have liked to know that beforehand, just to be able to do our research on finding our way to Hoi An.
Overall, I'm not sure I'd stay here again. I'd probably try to find another place. But still it's a very ok place to stay at and I'm sure you can find much better but not more expensive at a similarly central location.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Leinka
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in August 2013. We had a lovely time - the owners were incredibly helpful and welcoming. When we booked they even promised to point out the good cheap eats - which they did. The room was massive (triple room had 3 double beds) although not 5* and the bathrooms could do with a revamp but don't let that put you off. The atmosphere there is great and they really couldn't do enough for you, Reasonably priced too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The couple who run this hotel are about as kind and professional as you could hope for.

I took a room with a view, which was good. Little of the noise that other sources reported. Plenty of space. My one gripe is a minor problem with the external laundry, which another reviewer reported. But a good experience. The warm atmosphere made up for the repeated bouts of rain and the locals' horrendous driving.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The staff at this hotel was some of the most helpful on all of my travels in Asia. The manager organized a bike for me, gave me directions to all sights I wanted to see and great little gems within dalat. When the bike was dropped off for me the guy told me it was full of gas and to bring back full. I took his word for it and drove about 5 min outside of the town before running empty. Luckily only a few hundred meters from a pho shop which happened to have a jug of gas. The manager delt with the bike rental for me as I obviously was not bringing it back full. The rooms themselves were spotless and beds were very comfy!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple